What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

22 hours ago, circus92 said:

Just finished it at the weekend - really enjoyed it.  Bryan Cranston is really good as always.

Impossible predicament he finds himself in.  It obviously doesn't compare, but there are some parallels with Breaking Bad in the way it illustrates the lengths you might go to when faced with a particular situation.

I really enjoyed it. New Orleans is one of my favourite cities to visit and Bryan Cranston one of my favourite actors, so it was a win win. From our past visits to New Orleans we've actually made friends with a few people who live there. One who actually appears as a member of the jury towards the end of the show.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:53 PM, Mellotr0n said:

I'm jealous of you. I'd give anything to watch Season 4 again without knowing what was coming. Stunning, stunning television. Enjoy it, you may find it a little slow at points but it really pays off.

dont be teasing me with any of your season 4 nonsense.....

its bound to be anti-climatic now.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:24 PM, BlueDaze said:

dont be teasing me with any of your season 4 nonsense.....

its bound to be anti-climatic now.

I’d love to be able to erase it from my brain and watch it again fresh. It’s just superb!

On 4/8/2021 at 10:13 AM, Mellotr0n said:

Enjoy the ride.

^^ this! 

I kept being late for work where I’d have to watch another episode after another episode because of the cliff hangers! 

Watched Palm Springs on Prime and it's a doozy, been looking forward to it since the trailer dropped a billion years ago. I'd put Groundhog Day in the tip 10 of films so was always gonna love it or hate it but they put a good spin on the whole time loop sheblam, I'm a big fan.

50 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Watched Palm Springs on Prime and it's a doozy, been looking forward to it since the trailer dropped a billion years ago. I'd put Groundhog Day in the tip 10 of films so was always gonna love it or hate it but they put a good spin on the whole time loop sheblam, I'm a big fan.

I'd been meaning to watch Palm Springs for months before I finally got 'round to it. I was totally gobsmacked when it turned out that I was actually watching it on the same date it was set. Blew me away. I mean what are the odds? (364-1?)

Edited by MrZigster

On 4/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Finished S2 of Westworld last night, enjoyed it actually, when I got my head around what they hell was going on. Onwards to S3, wish me luck.

I think you will need it - I struggled a bit with S3 as got more confusing. 

18 hours ago, priest17 said:

Just watched it - also been anticipating it for a while. I tend to love everything Andy Samberg does and this hit all the right notes, but with mote pathos than you normally see from him. Absolutely loved it. It's been ages since I've seen a movie that's become an instant favourite, so this was a real treat.

Another one for just watching Palm Springs. Been pretty excited about it for a while but was waiting for it to come to streaming (although was very close to just finding a dodgy stream a couple of weeks ago as I really wanted to watch it).

Gotta say it met my expectations and then some. For a film that is essentially just a re-do of Groundhog Day it touched a lot of new ground and the two leads were really lovable. Got more laughs out of me than any film I can think of in recent memory. Highly recommend.

If anyone has Britbox (I get it free with my phone) I found a great show on there. 

Lambs of God. As far as I can work out it hasn't been on BBC or ITV which I thought was the point of Britbox. It's an Australian production but set in England about three nuns who live in the ruins of a monastery on an island and what happens when a priest finds them there. That description didn't come close to what it actually is. Properly over the top craziness. Ann Dowd is one of the nuns. Jessica Barden from End of The Fucking World is another but the whole cat is great. It's all very strange and Gothic. 

Just the 4 episodes too

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Just went to watch Top of the Pops and four eps have failed record this weekend, clearly because they've been bumped from the schedule. They're really gone too far now!

Ooh are they still going to show 1987 big hits on BBC2 later I wonder? '87. It'll be shit won't it?