What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 2/25/2021 at 11:03 AM, Brazzers said:

Breaking Bad. Is anyone else here a fan?

I’ve made my way through it for the third time and I think it gets better each time. Only got the last episode to go which I’ll watch tonight. I never gave better call Saul a go though but think I will this time! 

39 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

I’ve made my way through it for the third time and I think it gets better each time. Only got the last episode to go which I’ll watch tonight. I never gave better call Saul a go though but think I will this time! 

You definitely should. It’s much slower than BB and doesn’t have any big action episodes until a couple of seasons in which seems to have turned a lot of people off, but just stick with it and you’ll soon be hooked.

Seems we might still have a year until the final season airs so you’ve got plenty of time to get through all five seasons! 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You definitely should. It’s much slower than BB and doesn’t have any big action episodes until a couple of seasons in which seems to have turned a lot of people off, but just stick with it and you’ll soon be hooked.

Seems we might still have a year until the final season airs so you’ve got plenty of time to get through all five seasons! 

Yeah I know a few people that watched a few episodes then gave up but I’ll stick with it after the positive comments on here. Also going to rewatch El Camino, I don’t remember it in detail but remember I enjoyed it first time around

3 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Definitely stick with Better Call Saul - fantastic show and every bit as good as Breaking Bad.  If you like Breaking Bad it’s a must see.  Agree it is a bit slower, but it is brilliantly done. Can’t wait for the last season.

Not tv but this seems the most appropriate thread...

Disney+ has recently dumped a load of Fox movies onto streaming under the star banner. The vast majority I’ve seen, none of the stuff is really new.

We’ve just popped Kingsman 2, imagine my surprise when halfway through the action shifts to Glasto!!! 🙂

Edit: not really recognisable as the Glasto I know, but still...

Edited by John the Moth

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

It looks like Taskmaster is coming back very soon as well.

Yep was surprised by that. I think COVID delayed the last seasons release a bit so looks like they might’ve just fast tracked another season of it when they could. Looking forward to it - always a laugh, even if I’m not a fan of the people on it. 

I’m watching the US Office. Big black guy walks in and I think ‘that’s idris Elba!’ Then I think ‘why would he be in this?! That’s so racist of me for thinking it was’. Then it pops up at the bottom ‘guest starring idris Elba’.

it’s basically like I’m method-watching the show.

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Line of Duty season 6 starting March 21 😀

Can’t remember who here said that was the case earlier in the thread but looks like they were spot on.

Great news - just saw that officially confirmed.

Just finished Season 5 last night after only starting Season 1 about 5 weeks ago (that's pretty quick for me!).  Fantastic show and can't recommend it highly enough for anyone that hasn't watched it yet.  Love how each season has a new storyline that appears unrelated to the previous season, but they then weave in links to the underlying thread that runs throughout it all. 

On 2/26/2021 at 8:19 AM, Homer said:

Got to the US Office episode last night where Dwight simulates a fire as a training exercise. Definitely the funniest thing that has happened to far by a mile.

I think that’s the one episode that sticks out in my mind as being the funniest, or the one I remember the most. At one point does the cat get chucked into the ceiling and then falls back out again? 

6 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think that’s the one episode that sticks out in my mind as being the funniest, or the one I remember the most. At one point does the cat get chucked into the ceiling and then falls back out again? 

Yes indeed. Oscar goes into ceiling. Cat goes into ceiling then straight back through ceiling. Then kevin smashes up the vending machine and loots all the contents. Then Michael Scott throws a fax machine through the window and starts screaming out of it.

Movies I watched in February (with 5-star rating):

Airplane! (4)
Big Momma's House (1.5)
Contagion (3.5)
Gone Girl (4)
Greenland (3)
Harold and Maude (4.5)
I Care A Lot (4)
Jaws (4.5)
Monster (4)
Ransom (4)
Rocketman (4)
Stan & Ollie (3.5)
The Truman Show (5)

Has anyone seen The Meg? I thought it was really good - I drunkenly laughed my arse off all the way through it both times. However, even though I've seen it twice, I'm still not totally sure they were taking the piss. Anyone seen it sober who can confirm?!

Been watching Reset (An unofficial history of Video Games). Right up my alley. Eight twenty odd minute episodes. Binged through the first four last night/this morning and would have watched the lot if I didn't have to get some sleep in to get up for work today.

Blasted through Close Enough season 1 and loved it, very easy to watch. Had it in my head that season 2 was out but it's just out in America thanks to HBO Max.

Is it me or are we going backwards with regional exclusives? We're getting shafted by HBO Max and Hulu at this point, I get why with contracts and that but it's still annoying. Been waiting a year to watch Palm Springs and it doesn't even look that good. Are we withholding anything from them? Let's even it up, tell em to do one and not give them bake off or something. It's been fun us all watching Wandavision and the Mandalorian all together, fuck knows what'll happen with the damn Snyder cut