What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Watched - I Care A Lot  the other night

Enjoyable watch, got a bit rubbish here and there mind, and was not sure that was meant to be the comedy parts.

The fact that Guardians do this kind of thing in the real world is shocking, well maybe not in the world we live in really, but when I was watching it I thought it was

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ha! I think my fave ever Wittertainment in-joke is either when Kermode referred to an airport as 'an aeroplane station'; or when he admitted that he thought 'e-mail' was short for 'emergency mail'.

I got very strong enjoyment out of varispeeding the woodpigeon

2 minutes ago, waltere said:

I got very strong enjoyment out of varispeeding the woodpigeon

Ha! I don't recall this one but I just 'LOLed' regardless so I thank you for that.

I keep meaning to send them correspondence referring to 'Bruce Springsteen and the Emergency Street Band' - but I can't be bothered.

20 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ha! I don't recall this one but I just 'LOLed' regardless so I thank you for that.

I keep meaning to send them correspondence referring to 'Bruce Springsteen and the Emergency Street Band' - but I can't be bothered.

If memory serves it began as a discussion of "birdsong" which turned into a conversation about actual birdsong, which then somehow led to people sending in clips of bird calls run through tuning software so that they fit into pop songs.

And I have a lot of time for that Springsteen gag.

• Upvote 1

I guess we can talk about general media stuff we're binging on, right? Doesn't have to be TV?

I'm really enjoying Louis Theroux's podcast Grounded. The episodes with Jon Ronson, Rylan Clark-Neal and Frankie Boyle are great. A lovely sense of eavesdropping on a conversation between mates.

33 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I guess we can talk about general media stuff we're binging on, right? Doesn't have to be TV?

I'm really enjoying Louis Theroux's podcast Grounded. The episodes with Jon Ronson, Rylan Clark-Neal and Frankie Boyle are great. A lovely sense of eavesdropping on a conversation between mates.

Agreed, though I thought Oliver Stone was the highlight, especially hearing him talk about serving in Vietnam. Buxton has been good recently too (Stewart Lee and Tony Law).

(There is a podcast thread FYI.)

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Just started listening to him, finished the Miriam margolees one, she certainly doesn't hold back on any subject and is very funny. 

Frankie Boyle next on list