What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Really need the spoiler tags back or a whole new thread for this don’t we? I’m dying to discuss it the moment it’s over, and there’s always some big shit to discuss.

as an alternative to spoiler tags you could set the text colour as white and then underline it after you've written it. then people can highlight it to read. Might be too much effort though

example spoiler text

Anyone who has not yet watched Adam Curtis's new release this week needs to. 

"Can't get you out of my head" on BBC iPlayer is nothing short of a masterpiece. 

Have no doubt, this is the the most honest, acurate and enlightening film you will ever see. If you want to understand why this world is as it is now,today, this is where to look.

19 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

When can we discuss Wandavision?

Probably best not to discuss it, if you do Wanda will know and you don't want to face her repercussions!

I'm trying to figure out the importance of Agnes, they are including her in the fake title sequences so she can't just be another resident. My money is on her being the witness Jimmy Woo was trying to find but has some other importance too.

12 minutes ago, jump said:

Probably best not to discuss it, if you do Wanda will know and you don't want to face her repercussions!

I'm trying to figure out the importance of Agnes, they are including her in the fake title sequences so she can't just be another resident. My money is on her being the witness Jimmy Woo was trying to find but has some other importance too.

My money is on her being involved in all this somehow. You’re right that she’s not just another resident.

Keen to know who this mystery engineer is... a pre FF Reed Richards?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Keen to know who this mystery engineer is... a pre FF Reed Richards?

That seems far too big for this show, and possibly too early as I assume F4 is still a couple of years away, but then Marvel are clearly going big with this so who knows? Would be a hell of a big fan pleaser if it was him. My bet is on it being a smaller comic character, although I couldn’t for the life of me say who as my comic knowledge largely ends with the cinematic universes.

As for Agnes, I’ve got a feeling she’s gonna be something big, possibly even the main enemy, possibly even the one controlling Wanda/the whole scenario. Her still being able to speak when the rest of the town was frozen is just too suspicious along with a ton of other stuff she’s done throughout the series. No way is she not in on all this. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

My money is on her being involved in all this somehow. You’re right that she’s not just another resident.

Keen to know who this mystery engineer is... a pre FF Reed Richards?

I'm pretty certain I know who Agnes is but I don't want to spoil it... I think she is key to how the show unravels and also serves to introduce something else.

I'd love it to be Reed Richards! I think it might be Adam Brashear (Blue Marvel) who in comparison is a minor character but a new introduction never be less. I did think it might be Rhi Rhi Williams especially with the IronHeart announcement but they said "guy" in episode 6.

Reed Richards would fit the huge Skywalker-esque cameo they talked about but I still think that'll be Dr. Strange.

Edited by vintagelaureate

I bowed to Disney+'s subliminal post-WandaVision ads and stuck Age of Ultron on last night. I think that's only the 3rd time I've watched it (once at the cinema and once when it was realised on blu-ray), I know it gets a bad rap but I actually really enjoyed it. Yeah it's overly long and doesn't really stack up against the other Avengers films but it's still a good watch, particularly now mid-WandaVision binge.

49 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm pretty certain I know who Agnes is but I don't want to spoil it... I think she is key to how the show unravels and also serves to introduce something else.

I'd love it to be Reed Richards! I think it might be Adam Brashear (Blue Marvel) who in comparison is a minor character but a new introduction never be less. I did think it might be Rhi Rhi Williams especially with the IronHeart announcement but they said "guy" in episode 6.

Reed Richards would fit the huge Skywalker-esque cameo they talked about but I still think that'll be Dr. Strange.

I wouldn't call speculation a spoiler myself. I'm guessing you reckon it's Agatha Harkness as I've seen that theory float about alot and the brooch is a solid argument but the lack of a cat, she seems unsure of the limits of magic like asking Wanda if she can revive the dead as well as being under control just like the others makes it seem iffy to be her.

28 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I bowed to Disney+'s subliminal post-WandaVision ads and stuck Age of Ultron on last night. I think that's only the 3rd time I've watched it (once at the cinema and once when it was realised on blu-ray), I know it gets a bad rap but I actually really enjoyed it. Yeah it's overly long and doesn't really stack up against the other Avengers films but it's still a good watch, particularly now mid-WandaVision binge.

Yeah it holds up even better now all the world building it had to do has all played out. Wish we had more scenes like the start where they're a proper team with a plan. I'd like Ultron to come back but it probably won't without Stark.

29 minutes ago, jump said:

I wouldn't call speculation a spoiler myself. I'm guessing you reckon it's Agatha Harkness as I've seen that theory float about alot and the brooch is a solid argument but the lack of a cat, she seems unsure of the limits of magic like asking Wanda if she can revive the dead as well as being under control just like the others makes it seem iffy to be her.

I'll be surprised if she's not, or at least a version of. It'll be interesting to see who her 'husband' is and whether Dotty comes back - I've read the stuff online. 

I think Wonder Man will come into it (based on the promo art), but I think he will actually be part of Vision. 

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Marvel have said they’ve got the F4 lined up for a film in a couple of years time... And SWORD are building rockets and space programs...

Would be a good way to introduce him to the universe as an engineer working for SWORD before the big transformation.

Feels like it needs to be someone pretty big now considering the build up in the show...

Edited by Hugh Jass

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I was tempted to put it on again but with all the shit about Joss Whedon coming out I really don’t feel like it at the moment.

The Whedon stuff never ends. It starts off with him firing a pregnant women after telling her she’s fat and if she’s really gonna keep it to locking Gal Gadot in a closet and the other producers not letting Whedon be alone with the child actors on set. It does explain why Black Widow the super spy assassin was reduced love interest in Age Of Ultron in hindsight.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Marvel have said they’ve got the F4 lined up for a film in a couple of years time... And SWORD are building rockets and space programs...

Would be a good way to introduce him to the universe as an engineer working for SWORD before the big transformation.

Feels like it needs to be someone pretty big now considering the build up in the show...

The astronauts lost in space comment from episode 4 made me think of the fantastic four. I kind of pictured them stuck in the negative zone and years have passed etc., but I suppose that wouldn’t be the best jumping on point... I think the fact Marvel have been so specific in linking their TV and film worlds means anything is possible!!

@priest17 4 hours seems soooo long! But I will watch it! Over a day or two...

10 minutes ago, priest17 said:

My curiosity of that Justice League film has turned into excitement for 4 hours I know I won't enjoy. I'm still dumfounded that it even exists, madness. In 4:3 as well, sure they're just fucking with us at this point. 

Yeah, people’s excitement for it seems weird in a way. They want to see the guy that made the super dark and depressing (and shit) Batman V Superman make another 4 hours of that. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Man of Steel was terrible.

I can't watch that film anymore. One of my dissertations when I went back to Uni for the second time was based on Superman and I had to watch it a fair few times. Not watched it since. 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Man of Steel was terrible.

Batman v Superman was terrible.

Justice League was terrible.

Will I still watch the Snyder cut? Probably...

You can’t get HBO Max over here though, can you?

Nah you can’t get HBO over here. It seems like a shame as the DC shows they make for it like Harley Quinn, Doom Patrol (first season at least) and James Gunn’s Suicide Squad spin off Peacemaker would make me subscribe to it.