What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

2 hours ago, circus92 said:

Just thought I would echo the many comments on here about The Mandalorian - what a fantastic show - best series I have seen in years.  For some reason it passed me by, even though I am off an age where I saw the first Star Wars movies in the cinema back in the day and have always been a huge fan.  Got Disney Plus around Christmas and decided to give it a go - 1st season was really good, but the second season absolutely smashed it.  Couldn't believe the amount of stuff they wove into the storyline.  For anyone remotely interested in Star Was this is a must watch.  Can't wait for Season 3.

Highly controversial view and I absolutely love Star Wars and agree that the Mandalorian is an epic series however I think they need to end it on that season 2 finale high. 

There is no way they can possibly top that ending and I fear that the series will just end up getting dragged out and never hitting the same peak again. 

It’s a perfect time to move on from the Mando character. They have set up other spin offs, let the story continue through someone else's eyes. Very interested in seeing what they do with that other well known character in Mandalorian armour, I’m assuming you watched the post credit scene at the end to know who I’m talking about. 

• Upvote 1

Just finished How to get away with murder, enjoyable show but very over the top and got more and more woke as the series went by, to the point where the main characters mentioned their sexuality and colour every time they opened their mouths despite neither having any bearing on the story.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

God I’m a wreck after it

Yeah it’s not often I get genuinely emotional at film or TV but I was really holding back the tears at the end of this. 

Much better than I thought it was gonna be mind, and considering it was filmed pre-COVID, surprisingly apt given the similarities of an awful mystery disease suddenly tearing its way through the world/country. 

Edited by FloorFiller

11 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Highly controversial view and I absolutely love Star Wars and agree that the Mandalorian is an epic series however I think they need to end it on that season 2 finale high. 

There is no way they can possibly top that ending and I fear that the series will just end up getting dragged out and never hitting the same peak again. 

It’s a perfect time to move on from the Mando character. They have set up other spin offs, let the story continue through someone else's eyes. Very interested in seeing what they do with that other well known character in Mandalorian armour, I’m assuming you watched the post credit scene at the end to know who I’m talking about. 

Not that controversial at all - I would very much agree that they will struggle to top that and you are probably right.  However, given how much this exceeded all my expectations (particularly the last 4-5 episodes), I am going to trust them to do it justice in the next series.

I wouldn't usually watch past the credits, but strangely I did with this one and they have set that up brilliantly - hopefully that particular spin off will be as good.  I have to say I wasn't sure what would happen when Disney got their hands on Star Wars, but so far they are doing a fantastic job imho.  Looking forward to what comes next. 

Got to say I'm enjoying ITVs 'Finding Alice' so far.  Not much plot to speak of yet but hints of intrigue to come.  Keeley Hawes is great in the lead role with her usual sensitive characterisation, and although Ep2 last night didn't move things on a great deal it was nonetheless superbly touching and an excellent portrayal of personal loss and how we cope in different and sometimes eccentric ways. 

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Got to say I'm enjoying ITVs 'Finding Alice' so far.  Not much plot to speak of yet but hints of intrigue to come.  Keeley Hawes is great in the lead role with her usual sensitive characterisation, and although Ep2 last night didn't move things on a great deal it was nonetheless superbly touching and an excellent portrayal of personal loss and how we cope in different and sometimes eccentric ways. 

I have fallen asleep during both Eps. Don't think I will carry on

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

I only found out on Friday that all episode are available on ITV hub so binged it over the weekend.  Just sharing in case you think you have to wait till next week to watch ep3!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

My wife somehow managed to get me into Married at First Sight (it's pretty car crash-tastic); however, she just tried to make me watch the Australian version and that really is a bridge too far. All seems incredibly staged!

Yeah the U.K. version, whilst still being silly, seems like people trying to make a somewhat serious go of the whole marriage thing, but from what I’ve seen of the Australian version, it’s just another Love Island-like trash reality show with everybody trying to fuck everybody else and the whole ‘marriage’ aspect being in name only. 

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah the U.K. version, whilst still being silly, seems like people trying to make a somewhat serious go of the whole marriage thing, but from what I’ve seen of the Australian version, it’s just another Love Island-like trash reality show with everybody trying to fuck everybody else and the whole ‘marriage’ aspect being in name only. 

Just Googled it (I'm on furlough and I drank over the weekend - don't judge me) and yep, turns out the Aussie one is staged (a lot of the participants have CVs saying actor or extra, they're told what to say sometimes and someone found one of their 'apartments' on AirBnB).

(I somewhat pathetically feel the need to balance off the above admission by saying that I watched a documentary about Julian Assaunge the other other day - it was very interesting!)

Edited by Homer

The Australian version seems so set up to the point they seem to put the wrong people together, then repeatedly force the couples together at those dinners in the hope they go off with people in other couples.

It’s also shot in that irritating style where they edit together someone saying something potentially controversial, and then drawn out clips of someone else pulling loads of different faces that obviously were not made in reaction to what was actually said.

That said I found the last U.K. series really boring, and I’m not sure what they were doing setting up the couple with they guy who needed to take a bag with him everywhere he went, that covered a number of very unlikely scenarios. 

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The Australian version seems so set up to the point they seem to put the wrong people together, then repeatedly force the couples together at those dinners in the hope they go off with people in other couples.

It’s also shot in that irritating style where they edit together someone saying something potentially controversial, and then drawn out clips of someone else pulling loads of different faces that obviously were not made in reaction to what was actually said.

That said I found the last U.K. series really boring, and I’m not sure what they were doing setting up the couple with they guy who needed to take a bag with him everywhere he went, that covered a number of very unlikely scenarios. 

It turned out the poor bloke had good reason to be a tad para - he almost got killed fighting off a machete gang in his own home!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/married-first-sight-star-recalls-22860289

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

It turned out the poor bloke had good reason to be a tad para - he almost got killed fighting off a machete gang in his own home!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/married-first-sight-star-recalls-22860289

Fair enough, I don’t know that the poor bloke. Amazing how these things can affect people in such different ways going forward.