What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

2 hours ago, Homer said:

I've never really bothered with those big American sitcoms (or dramas, for that matter), but now may be the time to get involved. Anyone tell me which of these is better? (Listed in my instinctive order of preference)

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Shitts Creek
The Office
Arrested Development

Can't go wrong with Curb Your Enthusiasm. Genius. 

Arrested development 1-3 seasons are exceptional, agree with previous poster who noted every episode beyond that tarnish the reputation though (ie the new ones Netflix revived). Short episodes too mean you can blast through it really fast , I would recommend to anyone 

it is also one of the best rewatch comedies I have seen. By season 3 there is so many little in jokes/nods to previous episodes that the gag rate seems about every 20 seconds lol , and it takes a rewatch or two to pick up on them all. 

Curb is great too, took me a little longer to get into but once you are in its brilliant 

I haven’t watch US office but have friends who say it is as good if not better than Uk one. High praise indeed

tried always sunny and got about a season or two in, liked it but didn’t love it so haven’t persisted  

schitts creek season 1 was ok but didn’t see what all the fuss was about so stopped there. Seemed well short of being anywhere near a AD or a Curb 

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Show I’m most looking forward to seeing back in 2021 is Succession. IMO the last series was up there with the all time greats of TV.

Just watching this now for the first time after putting it off for ages and it’s gone right up there as one of my favourite current shows.

Seems production got shut down on season 3 last year due to COVID so here’s hoping they’ve figured out a way to get it back on track and it won’t be too long of a wait.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Show I’m most looking forward to seeing back in 2021 is Succession. IMO the last series was up there with the all time greats of TV.

Yeah I've heard some incredible things, I'm saving it a bit to blast through when the new season is clearer in view

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

How long does Line Of Duty take to get into? I keep hearing good things.

Not long. Each season’s first episode basically ends with a big ‘holy shit’ setup/cliffhanger that has you hooked from then on, or at least that’s what happened with me after being a bit reluctant over it initially.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

On the hunt for a new show now I've dispatched Marcella's entertaining but utterly ridiculous third season.

How long does Line Of Duty take to get into? I keep hearing good things.

Just started it on Wednesday night and loving it so far. Really looking forward to watching the last episode of season one tonight.  Like you I have heard good things, and have heard Seasons 2 and 3 are even better, so looking forward to the next few weeks viewing.  Can't work out why I haven't watched this before, particularly as from season 2 onwards was shot in Belfast, about 6 miles from where I live!

Edited by circus92

Just thought I would echo the many comments on here about The Mandalorian - what a fantastic show - best series I have seen in years.  For some reason it passed me by, even though I am off an age where I saw the first Star Wars movies in the cinema back in the day and have always been a huge fan.  Got Disney Plus around Christmas and decided to give it a go - 1st season was really good, but the second season absolutely smashed it.  Couldn't believe the amount of stuff they wove into the storyline.  For anyone remotely interested in Star Was this is a must watch.  Can't wait for Season 3.