What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Anyone seen any of Ratched? I'm 3 eps in and its not bad. It hasn't solidified what its point is to me yet but Sarah Poulson is great in everything.

I still marvel at how much budget TV shows get sometimes, the set design alone on Ratched must cost a fortune. 

Just finishing up the first season of Dark on Netflix - stunned this show isn't talked about more, wonderfully mind bending and SO well executed. It's in German  so if you watch it for the love of god watch it in German with subtitles rather than the dubbed version. Only 1 season through and it's sitting pretty up with Mr.Robot and Breaking Bad in my estimations

Edited by Gacheezbo
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 1986 said:

Anyone seen any of Ratched? I'm 3 eps in and its not bad. It hasn't solidified what its point is to me yet but Sarah Poulson is great in everything.

I still marvel at how much budget TV shows get sometimes, the set design alone on Ratched must cost a fortune. 

I started this at the weekend as well. I'm enjoying it as well. Sarah Paulson is a great actress. I have to say TV is the new film. Better stories, better casts and as you say the budgets aren't too shabby either! 

12 hours ago, zero000 said:

The second season of Dark materials is also fantastic. Definite step up from the first. 

I'm enjoying it and think the cast are fantastic.  Hoping they can actually fix the narrative cos the books are dead in the gutter by the time the The Amber Spyglass starts.

And don't get me started about the fucking elephants on wheels.

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm enjoying it and think the cast are fantastic.  Hoping they can actually fix the narrative cos the books are dead in the gutter by the time the The Amber Spyglass starts.

And don't get me started about the fucking elephants on wheels.

My housemate mentioned those in the context of 'wonder how they are planning on doing that without it looking silly' and I'd completely forgotten about them along with pretty much the whole of the final novel. Saying that, if the tv show is sticking at all closely to the 2nd book, (other than updating it) then there's clearly not much that I remember from the second one either.

Enjoying the show though. And I enjoyed the two new books

14 hours ago, zero000 said:

Smashing through Malcom in the middle at the moment. Perfect nostalgia that also stands the test of time. Still absolutely  hilarious too. 

We just watched what I think is my favourite episode the other day; the one where Hal and The Gentleman Callers perform 'The Man Who Never Returned'.

The song has been stuck in my head ever since.

5 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

We just watched what I think is my favourite episode the other day; the one where Hal and The Gentleman Callers perform 'The Man Who Never Returned'.

The song has been stuck in my head ever since.

I don’t think I’ve seen that one! Bryan Cranston is a comedic genius.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mando is so much better than it needs to be and I love to see it 😍 

Yep this series has really picked up the last few episodes and gone full throttle. So good. Very glad it’s finally settled in to a proper serialised story rather than just a bunch of side quests. Easily the most satisfied I’ve been with any of Disney’s Star Wars stuff. 

On 11/30/2020 at 11:10 AM, Gacheezbo said:

Just finishing up the first season of Dark on Netflix - stunned this show isn't talked about more, wonderfully mind bending and SO well executed. It's in German  so if you watch it for the love of god watch it in German with subtitles rather than the dubbed version. Only 1 season through and it's sitting pretty up with Mr.Robot and Breaking Bad in my estimations

I loved Dark! Stranger Things German-stylee. Season 3 will truly test your grey matter as it blends everything you were supposed to be paying attention to in the first 2 seasons, so pay attention!!

Coincidentally I just started watching another German puzzler called Parfum. Not nearly as mesmerising as Dark though.

There are some cracking European subtitled-series out there.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep this series has really picked up the last few episodes and gone full throttle. So good. Very glad it’s finally settled in to a proper serialised story rather than just a bunch of side quests. Easily the most satisfied I’ve been with any of Disney’s Star Wars stuff. 

Big fan of the snappy 35 min or so episodes and 8 episode run too. Little to no flab on them. Netflix and the rest should take note