What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

49 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

We're rewatching 'This Country' on iPlayer at present.  S2E7 'The Aftermath' where Kerrie's Dad has gone to prison and she and the vicar visit his old biker mate living in the woods is comedy gold.

Such a shame Daisy May Cooper isn't doing any more 😥

The best show.

I like that they went out on a high. Have you seen Daisy on Taskmaster? Hilarious!

On 11/21/2020 at 11:06 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

OK, it's not telly nor bingeable as it's a one off but for those of you with Netflix, watch My Octopus Teacher. 

One of the best things that I've seen recently. Beautifully shot with really quite extraordinary content.

(Excuse me if it has already been mentioned, not read all of this thread)

Nice reminder - I was disturbed by family at the beginning, will get back to this.

Get online and seek out the BBC - Octopus in my house. Brilliant stuff. A Octopus expert has a massive tank made in his living room where he brings Heidi the octopus to live and study. Just amazing creatures. Many lovely parts 

But love it when she recognises the daughter coming home and wants to play, plus watching TV with the family. 

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Mandalorian EP5. Hooo boy.

If you didn't let out and audible gasp/squeal/yell when you heard that name do you even like Star Wars?

I'm a fan, consider me serviced. So many punch the air moments. Finished rebels yesterday so I'm pumped, the Filoniverse is real and I'm excited. The film's can do one ahah.

Speaking of ***SPOILERS FOR LAST WEEK*** that had to be snoke clones in the chambers? It'd make sense them doing what the clone wars did for the prequels to the sequels. Dave is gonna make us all believe again. I hope this show goes on forever and a teenage Yoda is looking after old mando.

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Mandalorian EP5. Hooo boy.

If you didn't let out and audible gasp/squeal/yell when you heard that name do you even like Star Wars?

Nope, not interested. Never watched it & never will! Actually I tell a lie, watched the first 30 minutes of the first film - rubbish! Kid's film!!!!!

(Runs for cover from incoming fire!) 😄

Edited by Punksnotdead

Watched Raised by Wolves which is currently on Sky Atlantic - it's not bad tbh

I Hate Suzie was okay but not fantastic, caught up with new season of Hell's Kitchen as do like that show despite the flash back every 5 mins just in case you forgot what you watched 5-10mins before :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Nope, not interested. Never watched it & never will! Actually I tell a lie, watched the first 30 minutes of the first film - rubbish! Kid's film!!!!!

(Runs for cover from incoming fire!) 😄

Presumably then you're not watching the Mandalorian? I don't think that post was saying everyone should love Star Wars but that the fan service in The Mandalorian should get Star Wars fans excited. 

It is pretty punk rock that you don't like Star Wars though, so cool.

42 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Watched Aunty Donnas Big Ol House of Fun recently

Pretty bizarre but really enjoyed it tbh. Gone through a few of their sketches since and there's some good ones in there

Not seen any of this yet but if you’re in to bizarre obscure sketches then check out I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson on Netflix if you haven’t already. I’m guessing it’s a similar deal and is also one of my favourite things to come out in the last few years.

55 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not seen any of this yet but if you’re in to bizarre obscure sketches then check out I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson on Netflix if you haven’t already. I’m guessing it’s a similar deal and is also one of my favourite things to come out in the last few years.

Love some of the sketches from that, especially that car idea one

Is a similar kind of humour to Aunty Donna

20 hours ago, priest17 said:

I'm a fan, consider me serviced. So many punch the air moments. Finished rebels yesterday so I'm pumped, the Filoniverse is real and I'm excited. The film's can do one ahah.

Speaking of ***SPOILERS FOR LAST WEEK*** that had to be snoke clones in the chambers? It'd make sense them doing what the clone wars did for the prequels to the sequels. Dave is gonna make us all believe again. I hope this show goes on forever and a teenage Yoda is looking after old mando.

Agreed with this, some fantastic universe building going on and you can start to see why Disney are throwing their lot in with TV over films.

7 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Agreed with this, some fantastic universe building going on and you can start to see why Disney are throwing their lot in with TV over films.

Just watching TCW season 7 shows how much they're happy to throw at it. I'm a fan so was, err happy(?), to sit through some of the earlier issues of the animated stuff but the level they threw into that shows how commited they are. Would love some of the Mando threads to be explored with that higher quality animation.

(Please hire me for it, I promise I'm a quality 3D artist)

Not been this excited about star wars since the second force awakens trailer. Feels fun again.

On 11/16/2020 at 12:06 PM, kalifire said:

Yeah. And the Louis Theroux one. It’s amazing how such a bananas and obviously damaging dogma can ensnare people. 

Following a bit from this am watching The Vow on Sky Documentaries about NXIVM which is interesting too. 

On 11/21/2020 at 11:06 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

OK, it's not telly nor bingeable as it's a one off but for those of you with Netflix, watch My Octopus Teacher. 

One of the best things that I've seen recently. Beautifully shot with really quite extraordinary content.

(Excuse me if it has already been mentioned, not read all of this thread)

Thanks for this recommendation, watched this last night and wow.