What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Just watched the 3 seasons of The Sinner which were brilliant. Now I’m halfway through Ratched. Any recommendations on the next season? I’ve got Black Mirror, The Alienist and Strange Things on my list currently. 

Black Mirror then (not that I've watched The Alienist). Charlie Brooker is a great writer. I'd love to be able to watch them for the first time again. I've watched every episode at least twice.

28 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Norsemen on Netflix – hilarious comedy show about vikings. Has that sort of stop-start awkward natural comedy of something like The Office, with a touch of Monty Python.

The actors are Norwegian and they film every scene in Norwegian and then English!

Would also recommend. Just wonderfully silly.

• Upvote 1

If anyone missed it the 2 episodes of 'Laurel Canyon' on Sky Arts are well worth catching up with.

Intimate portraits of the musicians who made LC their home back in the 60/70's including The Byrds, Mamas & Papas, Joni Mitchell, The Monkees, Jackson Browne, CSNY, Doors and the Eagles.

Great footage, photographs, concert film, interviews etc and a terrific soundtrack.

I think you can get Sky Arts catch up on NOWTV, but Amazon Prime Video also have it at £1.99/episode.

Edited by parsonjack
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’ve gotten access to the US Netflix and am watching Leah Remini: Scientology and it’s Aftermath. A docu-series. Fascinating and depressing. 

Yes. I've watched that. Very interesting. Have you seen the Going Clear documentary? 

The first of Steve McQueen's Small Axe series Mangrove was absolutely phenomenal. I wasn't planning on watching it but left the TV on after His Dark Materials and was drawn in. Very uncomfortable to watch at times McQueen loves a shot that lingers past the point you want to turn away but some absolutely superb performances. Such range of emotion from Shaun Parkes was incredible and Malachi Kirby was superb when delivering Darcus Howe's testimony.

I cannot recommend it enough if you've a spare couple of hours.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, mcshed said:

The first of Steve McQueen's Small Axe series Mangrove was absolutely phenomenal. I wasn't planning on watching it but left the TV on after His Dark Materials and was drawn in. Very uncomfortable to watch at times McQueen loves a shot that lingers past the point you want to turn away but some absolutely superb performances. Such range of emotion from Shaun Parkes was incredible and Malachi Kirby was superb when delivering Darcus Howe's testimony.

I second that. Brutal and brilliant - the best thing I've seen on TV this year. Shocking that this shit really happened in our country in my lifetime!

Fabulous soundtrack as well. Can't wait for episode 2.

Great documentary/compilation about Ronnie Scotts Club on BBC4 last night.

3 hours ago, mcshed said:

Darcus Howe visited my town for a C4 documentary a few years ago. He said it had "The Mark Of The Beast about it". :ph34r:

Edited by MrZigster

18 hours ago, mcshed said:

Watched this on your recommendation, cracking stuff, cheers. And as @Punksnotdead says, brilliant tunes throughout.

• Upvote 1

On 11/14/2020 at 10:44 AM, Ryan1984 said:

The Vow on Sky Documentaries is worth watching. It’s about that multi-level ‘marketing’/self-improvement agency that the girl from Smallville got mixed up in.

Interesting series probably slightly over long but interesting how people can embroiled in a cult . Tbh at start I thought why r intelligent people listening to the bollocks that the leaders were spouting . But I suppose we've all been on similar shit training days in work.

Saying that I've never signed up for 12 years afterwards 

11 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Started watching the new series of The Crown and Gillian Anderson as Thatcher is scary!! As someone who has no interest in the actual Royal Family I was amazed at how much I like the tv show!!

I’m the same, no interest in the Royals but the crown is brilliant. Great actors, looks stunning, great dialogue, just started season 2. 

This was after blitzing through The alienist season 2 and the queens gambit in a week 

21 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Started watching the new series of The Crown and Gillian Anderson as Thatcher is scary!! As someone who has no interest in the actual Royal Family I was amazed at how much I like the tv show!!

GA really nails that role, doesn't she? It's such a good production, all round.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:36 PM, priest17 said:

I'm struggling with Clone Wars to be honest. It just doesn't seem to be moving forward at all, which is completely fine for a kids Saturday morning TV show and in that regard they've done an amazing job, but its making it hard to binge and the interesting arcs don't pop up enough to put up with the standard battles that just seem to repeat. Why do they even bother deploying those droids? Who designed them? They keep building these awful robots!

Well guys I know you've been waiting on the edge of your seats for my verdict and I have finally finished, Jesus Christ it finished strong. I wish I hadn't watched the first 2 seasons and there's gotta be a list out there that cuts around 2/3rds of it but the highs were amazing and the conclusion magnificent. Wish I'd nailed it before last Friday, might rewatch that now. 

Between Mando and Season 7 of that I'd like to echo any sentiment that Star Wars is best off using Disney+ for episodic stuff for a bit. 

EDIT: PS is Rebels any good?

Edited by priest17