What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Absolutely loved the first season, finished it in a couple of days. Struggling a little with the second. Don't know whether it's a bit of Cobra Kai fatigue or if it's just not as good

I watched the first episode a year or so ago on YouTube. Just watched the first series over the last few days - don't know whether to go straight to S2 or start The Boys S2 first.

5 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Just watched the Netflix movie 'I'm Thinking Of Ending Things'.

Any understanding/explanations gratefully received.

“I’m Thinking Of Ending Things” is that person who walks on stage in an obscure tent & stands there occasionally banging a cymbal looking very meaningful - you can sit there stroking your chin for an hour trying to understand what they’re trying to say, or you can just see it as someone banging a cymbal & wander off to a bar. 
With this film, I’m off to find the vodka jelly guy. 

11 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

The Louis Theroux retrospective tonight was pretty good.

Nice that the Prussian Blue girls got out of it.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:50 AM, Homer said:

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that setting a series record for top of the pops on bbc4 has changed my life 

I'm really missing it. Apparently the Story of 1990 (and 91) is already in the can and the plan is to kick off the next year sometime in September.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hopefully 1990 will feature less Jive Bunny 

What I will say for Jive Bunny is that as a lad it was actually a good introduction to a genre of music I'd have otherwise overlooked.  Love a lot of that 50s rock'n'roll as a result.

But that's no reason to revisit it now :D

On 9/5/2020 at 3:14 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Just watched the Netflix movie 'I'm Thinking Of Ending Things'.

Any understanding/explanations gratefully received.

Very much enjoyed this, happy to admit I need to read up on exactly what I'd seen, but as far as how it was presented I was a big fan of the eery atmosphere throughout, Toni Collette has to be nailed on for a Oscar sooner or later! 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/09/im-thinking-of-ending-things-ending-explained-book-oklahoma This explains it well (major spoilers of course)

4 hours ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Very much enjoyed this, happy to admit I need to read up on exactly what I'd seen, but as far as how it was presented I was a big fan of the eery atmosphere throughout, Toni Collette has to be nailed on for a Oscar sooner or later! 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/09/im-thinking-of-ending-things-ending-explained-book-oklahoma This explains it well (major spoilers of course)

Thank you! Yeah I pretty much figured it all out already*

*🤣