What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

Only ever watched the first season years ago, liked it but it never really stuck with me. Plenty of Rip Torn is always a good thing, quite a few of my favourite actors pop up in it too like Dean Winters and Will Arnett. May have to have to finally give it a proper go. 

They are both brilliant in it, definitely worth giving another shot.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

If you like 30 Rock I'd recommend checking out Better Off Ted, think it's on Amazon Prime and not sure about other channels.  Ran for a couple of series in 2009/10.  Very funny, had really good ratings but low viewing figures so got cancelled after two series.

I'd heard about that one but forgot all about it, must check it out. I'm watching DS9 and voyager at the minute too, so good. Although I'm sure you don't need to be told that!

2 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

I'd heard about that one but forgot all about it, must check it out. I'm watching DS9 and voyager at the minute too, so good. Although I'm sure you don't need to be told that!

194327857_tenor(1).gif.dbe17abc72f471a390f996afe8849a5c.gif

It's a real shame BOT got dropped like it did.  It does take a couple of episodes to get it, but it's not something you need to sit through 20 hours of before it becomes funny.

I don't know what your job is like, but in my place we often talk about "the business". Give BOT a few episodes and you'll get why that still makes me laugh 10 years down the line :D

14 hours ago, Quark said:

I don't know what your job is like, but in my place we often talk about "the business". Give BOT a few episodes and you'll get why that still makes me laugh 10 years down the line :D

I'm intrigued!

Reading the sad news about Justin Townes Earle I was thinking about his dad, then I remembered about Treme. It's set in post-Katrina New Orleans, it's got some great music and a lot of familiar faces from shows like The Wire.

Also a shout out to Atlanta. Comedy-drama created by and starring Donald Glover.

2 hours ago, Waterdeep said:

I'm intrigued!

Reading the sad news about Justin Townes Earle I was thinking about his dad, then I remembered about Treme. It's set in post-Katrina New Orleans, it's got some great music and a lot of familiar faces from shows like The Wire.

Also a shout out to Atlanta. Comedy-drama created by and starring Donald Glover.

Its hard to stress how good Atlanta is. I think I've scared all my friends off watching it trying to.

I've been catching episodes of Nathan For You here and there and it makes me howl, not really a binging show but Christ its hilarious to me. 

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I tried watching Dark, got to season 2 and am ready to give up. Has anyone watched it? Is it worth sticking with it? 

Yes, definitely. One of the best things I’ve seen in years, season 2 improves greatly but the final season touches on mindfuck masterpiece levels. Incredible tv. 

Just now, HeyPorter said:

Yes, definitely. One of the best things I’ve seen in years, season 2 improves greatly but the final season touches on mindfuck masterpiece levels. Incredible tv. 

Okay, I'll give it another shot, I'm losing track of the story and finding the current twists just really annoying. But then again...I did like Lost which was just stupid towards the end.

20 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Okay, I'll give it another shot, I'm losing track of the story and finding the current twists just really annoying. But then again...I did like Lost which was just stupid towards the end.

Yeah I still adore Lost, no matter how much I hate how it ended. With Dark if you can keep track of the character names and who’s related to who then you’re golden.

1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

I tried watching Dark, got to season 2 and am ready to give up. Has anyone watched it? Is it worth sticking with it? 

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

I thought Dark was great. Final series was a proper head-f* but I eventually got what was happening...by the final episode IIRC!

Have found a new love for subtitled foreign series.
If you like that sort of thing check out The Money Heist on Netflix - REALLY good Spanish series (3 so far) with great characters.

37 minutes ago, Gilb said:

I thought Dark was great. Final series was a proper head-f* but I eventually got what was happening...by the final episode IIRC!

Have found a new love for subtitled foreign series.
If you like that sort of thing check out The Money Heist on Netflix - REALLY good Spanish series (3 so far) with great characters.

There are 4 series on Netflix :) 

I think the 5th is due to be the final season

33 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

I wish it stopped at 3, the fourth one is terrible. 

Definite drop in quality although I think terrible is a little harsh.

The first 3 were fantastic - 3 of the best series I have watched on any show.

The 4th started very slowly but I'm half way through now so will stick it out to the end!

Just watched The Outsider this week which was pretty good for a Stephen King thing...

Started watching Unwell a 6-part documentary on alternative therapies... so batshit out there already and I've only watched the 1st 2 episodes 

Anyone interested in fast fashion should watch the Inside Missguided it's totally over the top and only covering the more interesting visible parts of fashion (Buying and Marketing) but it's worth a view if not familiar with the industry

On 8/25/2020 at 3:49 PM, Quark said:

If you like 30 Rock I'd recommend checking out Better Off Ted, think it's on Amazon Prime and not sure about other channels.  Ran for a couple of series in 2009/10.  Very funny, had really good ratings but low viewing figures so got cancelled after two series.

I thought I was the only person who watched that (which would explain the low viewing figures). I remember really enjoying it.

Have you watched Corporate? Similar in that its set in a big soulless corporation, but so so much bleaker. Very darkly funny though

7 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Yeah I still adore Lost, no matter how much I hate how it ended. With Dark if you can keep track of the character names and who’s related to who then you’re golden. 

6 hours ago, Gilb said:

I'll try it again hope I keep up! 

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Decided to binge on the detectorists. Lovely gentle comedy which for some strange reason always reminds me of Glastonbury.  Great cast and really well written 

A few people have recommended me that, think a couple on here reckon it's up my street. Is it on iplayer?