What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Finally made it through to the end of Ashes to Ashes. 

Spoiler alert, 

they were all dead all along including the lovely Alex but existed in a halfway house between life and death, a place for troubled cops. Gene Hunt helped them move on to another place whatever the fuck that means. The entrance to this place was through the doors of the pub where  Sam Tyler drank in Life on a Mars. 

7456B1F9-F157-49C1-9360-E820674582F0.jpeg.dbf0895f1884afe002f5c14ebb92b827.jpeg

And his beloved Quattro was trashed at the end by a diamond smuggler. 

Working through the Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema series on BBC, really good watch. Looks at the influences, tropes, techniques and history of different genres.

Also watching the Dark Side of the Ring series on Vice. Great for wrestling fans and anyone that likes true crime type series. All good but be warned, the Chris Benoit episode is bloody hard going.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Working through the Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema series on BBC, really good watch. Looks at the influences, tropes, techniques and history of different genres.

Also watching the Dark Side of the Ring series on Vice. Great for wrestling fans and anyone that likes true crime type series. All good but be warned, the Chris Benoit episode is bloody hard going.

Ta for the tip - big fan of the pod and have just started watching the new weekly BBC4 programme.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Agree, it's a tough watch but good series. Have you watched any of the Taker documentary?

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Agree, it's a tough watch but good series. Have you watched any of the Taker documentary?

Last Ride? Not yet, although I'll probably get round to it.  Where's it available?

Mrs Q only remembers bits of wrestling from being a kid (Hogan, Warrior etc) so didn't think she'd be into it, but she was watching the Bruiser Brody episode with half an eye while she was reading a book and got hooked.  She does love her murder telly :D

The other good one if you've got Sky is the Andre the Giant documentary, it's currently available n demand I think.

48 minutes ago, Quark said:

Last Ride? Not yet, although I'll probably get round to it.  Where's it available?

Mrs Q only remembers bits of wrestling from being a kid (Hogan, Warrior etc) so didn't think she'd be into it, but she was watching the Bruiser Brody episode with half an eye while she was reading a book and got hooked.  She does love her murder telly :D

The other good one if you've got Sky is the Andre the Giant documentary, it's currently available n demand I think.

It's on the WWE Network. Tbh it's the documentaries which largely make it worth the money. Mrs Antilles absolutely hates the rasslin but she got properly hooked in with the Edge doc, she now had 'that one wrestler guy I like' 😄

• 1 month later...

I binged my way through to 9 series two episodes in of Anthony Bourdains show on Netflix. Just love the man, the best journalistic Food and travel show ever. Actually this is my second time around, i watched them all before when it was initially on Netflix a couple of years ago. Such a tragic loss , just goes to show that mental health can effect anyone. What a life he had. If there was ever a man i would want around my table for a chat ( remember that one?  ), then it would be him. RIP Anthony.

17 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Just finished Schitt's Creek yesterday and it was brilliant. I had to do a really boring work task all weekend. Spent 20 hours of my weekend working and this was the perfect companion. I'm going to miss it. 

I'm on Season 5 - it's brilliant. 

I finished Sons Of Anarchy a few weeks ago, I debated jumping into the spin-off - Mayans MC - but have held off.

Started Umbrella Academy Season 2 last night, I'll watch that over a few nights when the kids are asleep. 

8 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm on Season 5 - it's brilliant. 

I finished Sons Of Anarchy a few weeks ago, I debated jumping into the spin-off - Mayans MC - but have held off.

Started Umbrella Academy Season 2 last night, I'll watch that over a few nights when the kids are asleep. 

I think I have a whole new vocabulary forever. All the characters are so well written and Moira is just a dream of a character. Can't believe she almost didn't accept the role. 

13 minutes ago, ghandi said:

I binged my way through to 9 series two episodes in of Anthony Bourdains show on Netflix. Just love the man, the best journalistic Food and travel show ever. Actually this is my second time around, i watched them all before when it was initially on Netflix a couple of years ago. Such a tragic loss , just goes to show that mental health can effect anyone. What a life he had. If there was ever a man i would want around my table for a chat ( remember that one?  ), then it would be him. RIP Anthony.

I do really want to watch this. I assume it has a lot of subtitles though and at the moment workload means I need things that I can work through whilst watching. 

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I do really want to watch this. I assume it has a lot of subtitles though and at the moment workload means I need things that I can work through whilst watching. 

It has some though not a lot as he has tour guides and 'old' friends all of whom speak English to help him along

On 6/22/2020 at 5:27 PM, dondo said:

Stumbled across Designated Survivor on Netflix which although highly improbable we are really enjoying

Very good show, watched all three series ( ?) early Lockdown. I Still can get past Sutherland being in 24 though, everytime he opens his gob in the whispering tone :)

Watched all 3 seasons of Killing Eve last week, fab program

Finally finished last season of Orange is the new black, Ozark S3 and Absentia S2 & S3...

Got loads of current seasons to watch - You, Mr Robot, Narcos, Umbrella Academy to name a few before I start on any new stuff 

11 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Very good show, watched all three series ( ?) early Lockdown. I Still can get past Sutherland being in 24 though, everytime he opens his gob in the whispering tone :)

I never watched 24 so don't have it as a comparison.

One thing we did notice is that S3 is a lot more sweary than S1 and 2.  Now I'm not a prude we just noticed it.  

Apparently this is because the first 2 series were made by ABC whereas the 3rd was made by Netflix who didn't have the same 'restrictions'