What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

We started on Little Fires Everywhere last night, an eight-episode miniseries with Reece Witherspoon and Kerry Washington. Was pleasantly surprised - it's brilliantly acted and scripted, with lots of substance.

Wanna start this soon, its half directed by the great film maker Lynn Shelton who very sadly passed away last week.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

A lot of BBC4 on a Friday night.

Tonight. TOTP. I hated the late eighties music wise. All that SAW everywhere.

A good glam rock compilation after that. Switched to Jools but there was a Meat Loaf doc that looked worth it. It's a Fathers Day compilation right now. Followed by a Concept Rock doc.

What's not to like?

(Edit : Apart from the Eighties)

Edited by MrZigster

We started watching the Buffy rerun on E4 but then they got later and later so went the Prime route. What a show!

Given up on the Snowpiercer series, sadly, but really enjoying new What We Do in the Shadows and Stages with Tennant and Sheen.

Agree with the comment about Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (Jane Levy should be a major star by now!) and will also watch the new Politician this weekend. Have also binged Schitt’s Creek and Detectorists.

The Epstein documentary was terrifying.

Mayo and Kermode showed a trailer for a series coming soon called Lovecraft Country. It looked awesome and timely.

Edited by Ryan1984
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A cheap laugh maybe, but Matt Berry having to 'exorcise' his own ghost was hilarious

I've enjoyed Laszlo getting the A-story in a few episodes this series, could watch Matt Berry in just about anything. Overall though Nadja has stole the show for me. Consistently great every episode. 

8 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

We started watching the Buffy rerun on E4 but then they got later and later so went the Prime route. What a show!

Given up on the Snowpiercer series, sadly, but really enjoying new What We Do in the Shadows and Stages with Tennant and Sheen.

Agree with the comment about Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (Jane Levy should be a major star by now!) and will also watch the new Politician this weekend. Have also binged Schitt’s Creek and Detectorists.

The Epstein documentary was terrifying.

Mayo and Kermode showed a trailer for a series coming soon called Lovecraft Country. It looked awesome and timely.

I re-watched Buffy a few months ago- still holds up! Also series 2 of Angel is superb (I also liked series 3 but series 4 was diabolical!)

I was obsessed with Buffy as a teenager, I've actually got them all on VHS and DVD!! Due a rewatch.

I breezed through Umbrella Academy, really enjoyed it, I'd read the books and it is slightly different but works. 

I'm now on Sons of Anarchy... I've no idea how or why I've never watched it before! It's brilliant! I'm nearly through two seasons (of seven). Highly recommended! And has a great soundtrack! 

Am on a bit of a Gillian Anderson binge at the moment. Recently watched Sex Education on Netflix which i loved, then watched The Fall on Amazon which had me hooked and just started X Files!

Otherwise just finished Dead to Me on Netflix which i absolutely adored.

I have Buffy saved on my TiVo, my daughter and I have watched it an embarrassing amount of times. 
Have a lot of love for The Magicians, like Harry Potter but with drugs and sex. 
Just finished Kimmy Schmidt which is lovely. 
Charm x 

17 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I've started watching Manifest, its a little bit like LOST but not. I'm enjoying it so far. 

Just hope it's not gonna turn out to be something silly like a dream or something :lol:

My girlfriend and I completely binged the first series in a couple of days! Very addictive.

Yet to start series 2 due to lockdown but hopefully start it soon :) 

I watched the Epstein docs on Netflix, which are hard work but v interesting (being that I had no clue about how he 'made' his money, plus it ends on a real cliffhanger that suggests there is plenty more to come).

Also, fulfilling the stereotype of being 44 and male by watching this. Very interesting. Breaks WWII down into 10 key moments and goes into each one in some depth over about 55 mins each.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/70254851

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

My girlfriend and I completely binged the first series in a couple of days! Very addictive.

Yet to start series 2 due to lockdown but hopefully start it soon :) 

I'm about half way thru series 2 now! I'm really enjoying it!! There's only 2 series on now tv so I'm not sure if there is more or if it ends? Scared to Google incase I see something that spoils it! (I accidentally did that with game of thrones!!! Oops!)

We'll have to compare notes when you're done :)

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm about half way thru series 2 now! I'm really enjoying it!! There's only 2 series on now tv so I'm not sure if there is more or if it ends? Scared to Google incase I see something that spoils it! (I accidentally did that with game of thrones!!! Oops!)

We'll have to compare notes when you're done :)

Thought it might get cancelled but season three was confirmed a couple of days ago, will be back later in the year in states. I find it really bad but very watchable. 

11 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Got that ready to rewatch for a third time, it’s incredible. The finale is perfect. 

It's been incredible so far! No idea what's going to happen in the finale, but I'm looking forward to it! 

5 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Thought it might get cancelled but season three was confirmed a couple of days ago, will be back later in the year in states. I find it really bad but very watchable. 

Oooo thank you!! Really pleased about that cos I'm completely hooked on it! :lol:  

40 minutes ago, Homer said:

I watched the Epstein docs on Netflix, which are hard work but v interesting (being that I had no clue about how he 'made' his money, plus it ends on a real cliffhanger that suggests there is plenty more to come).

Also, fulfilling the stereotype of being 44 and male by watching this. Very interesting. Breaks WWII down into 10 key moments and goes into each one in some depth over about 55 mins each.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/70254851

I found the Epstein one a bit boring, I think I watched three episodes and gave up. I didn’t really know the extent of what he did so was totally shocked to find out about his ‘pyramid scheme’ for young girls. I felt they dragged it out too long though. 

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I found the Epstein one a bit boring, I think I watched three episodes and gave up. I didn’t really know the extent of what he did so was totally shocked to find out about his ‘pyramid scheme’ for young girls. I felt they dragged it out too long though. 

Yeah, I didn't know any of it. The first three are the most unpleasant, episode four is when the payback happens and they also get stuck into Prince Andrew, so, as you've done the hard work, I'd recommend watching it (it's the final episode).

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, I didn't know any of it. The first three are the most unpleasant, episode four is when the payback happens and they also get stuck into Prince Andrew, so, as you've done the hard work, I'd recommend watching it (it's the final episode).

Ah ok, I was hoping for a bit on Prince Andrew, so I’ll go back and finish it off. It was absolutely shocking, but I think they just dragged the explanation of how he went about it longer than necessary. Either way, what a thoroughly despicable individual, along with Robert Maxwell’s Daughter. I always just assumed he liked younger girls and that was it.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton