What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

28 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Out of sheer boredom I shall be rewatching Lost.

Did that a couple of years ago in the week and a half I had booked off post-Glastonbury. Just as ridiculous and ‘why did I bother?’ as the first time I watched it, but entertaining nonetheless. Think I might’ve even had a little comedown-induced cry at Desmond and Penny’s (think that’s their names?) reunion. 

8 hours ago, gigpusher said:

For a less professional but hugely hilarious lighthearted baking show try Nailed it. Nicole Byers the host is funny and it's reality show that isn't cruel as they all know they are shit going in. The Donald Trump cake from the 1st or 2nd series and the sloth cake from this series is comedy gold!!

I absolutely love Nailed it! Makes me LOL... its actually where I started getting into baking tv as I typically hate reality shows!

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

I absolutely love Nailed it! Makes me LOL... its actually where I started getting into baking tv as I typically hate reality shows!

Same here. I think it's because I don't like the freak show element of many of them but ones where the contestants are in on the joke themselves and provide genuinely hilarious moments I am more than happy with. 

My Goddaughter is a cakemaker and she confirms that even professionals couldn't do them and make them look good in the time frames they have but it does make for comedy gold! 

13 hours ago, reflekting said:

Not telly related but I really enjoyed the first of James Acaster's new BBC podcast arguing for 2016 being the finest year of music ever. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08b4z3q First episode reviewing Beyonce - Lemonade with Romesh Ranganthan. In fairness James does have a point about 2016, the quality of albums released that year is a high point for the last decade. 

I wonder if it might work better than the book, which I broadly liked but I wasn't as sure about the final third. Though I'm still re-listening to his Off Menu podcast with Ed Gamble tbf. Genuinely a favourite.

On TV, I recently finished The Stranger. Which was pleasingly twisty.

18 hours ago, Bisque said:

Out of sheer boredom I shall be rewatching Lost.

I too am doing this! I think it's aged really well, and works a lot better watching it more frequently than one episode a week. Thought the first 2 seasons were great, then it really hit a wall the first half of season 3. Looking forward to season 4! Such a lot of great characters.

One thing I must say - when I first watched it when it was first on I thought of Jack as a hero, but this second watch- he's such a misogynistic a-hole! He's awful!

I’ve just watched the great Pottery throw down which I really enjoyed. Basically bake off but with pottery. I’ve no interest in pottery but really enjoyed it and it was interesting learning about all the different types of clay and styles you can do. Mel Sykes is the presenter and I think they try to get more innuendos in than bake off 

5 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

One thing I must say - when I first watched it when it was first on I thought of Jack as a hero, but this second watch- he's such a misogynistic a-hole! He's awful!

I have to admit, I thought Sawyer was the a-hole, he really isn’t (well maybe at first).

So many characters to be i vested in, the only one I never ‘got’ was Juliet, I just found her boring & never really did anything noteworthy. I shall re-evaluate later.

Desmond, Miles, Charlie, Sayid, Jin, Bernard & Frank are all great.

Just noticed there are no females in that list but yeah, it’s ok so far.

AB849647-58AA-489E-96CE-0884B04533D8.jpeg

Edited by Bisque

4 hours ago, Bisque said:

I have to admit, I thought Sawyer was the a-hole, he really isn’t (well maybe at first).

So many characters to be i vested in, the only one I never ‘got’ was Juliet, I just found her boring & never really did anything noteworthy. I shall re-evaluate later.

Desmond, Miles, Charlie, Sayid, Jin, Bernard & Frank are all great.

Just noticed there are no females in that list but yeah, it’s ok so far.

AB849647-58AA-489E-96CE-0884B04533D8.jpeg

I too used to think sawyer was a villain, but on second viewing like his character a lot more. Also agree about Julia- don’t understand why she’s popular at all. I liked Ana Lucia character back when I first watched it and still do to this day, I don’t understand why she was unpopular! Also Mr Eko was one of my favourites. Locke’s character and the actor who plays him, are also great

22 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Ana Lucia character

According to numerous sources Ana was supposed to be in the show another season but the actress is notoriously difficult to work with that they just got Michael to shoot her as he was leaving to work on another TV show.