What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This week's Better Call Saul was cracking.  Even better than last week IMHO.

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep I thought so too - add Lalo to the list of brilliant villains in the BB universe. Every scene he’s in is so tense. Can’t wait for the season final next week, but then am dreading the year+ wait for the last season. 

Just finished it, what an ending.

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep I thought so too - add Lalo to the list of brilliant villains in the BB universe. Every scene he’s in is so tense. Can’t wait for the season final next week, but then am dreading the year+ wait for the last season. 

Tense is the word - I was hugging myself like I was in a straitjacket for most of that scene.

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

Not that I can really act on travel plans. I feel its gonna be yonks before mass tourism can be a thing again. Which annoys me as I didn't do enough in 2019 when that was something I wanted to do and I entered this year thinking "OK, that's the main thing I wanna do"... whereas now its something of a grand and even slightly dangerous adventure to go to the supermarket ffs.

I got caught up in the riots in Nicaragua this time two years ago, fortunately most of the action (& fatalities) were in Managua which we had no plan to stay in. Leon was on lockdown but we just ended up having hostel parties after dark. Tourists were free to roam & it was very safe for visitors. I usually try & get in a 2/3 week travelling holiday a year so keeping my fingers crossed for September onwards, wishful thinking perhaps.

4 hours ago, reflekting said:

Last season was a lot lot better, the pairs were all much more likeable, whereas this series seems to be about trying to get disfunctional people to work as a team. I feel very sorry for Jen's poor husband. It's probably a blessing in disguise that he lost his hearing.  

It hadn’t crossed my mind until you wrote this but I completely agree. Although off the top of my head I can only remember the father/son team, the two ladies (one with an afro) & the two blokes who went rock climbing. Might have to rewatch as it’s still on iPlayer.

6 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Count me in on loving Better Call Saul. 

In contrast, I'm also watching Ozark and it's quite shit I think. I guess expectations are high after watching BCS. 

Mrs hats bailed about halfway through Ozark S1 and I stopped too - I didn't like it that much. BCS however, she stopped in S2 and I've very happily kept going. Where are you up with Ozark? I keep hearing good things about it, so I'm guessing it gets better.

10 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Count me in on loving Better Call Saul. 

In contrast, I'm also watching Ozark and it's quite shit I think. I guess expectations are high after watching BCS. 

Yeah, Ozark was one of those programmes that on paper I should actually love, but in reality I thought it was shit and didn’t even make it to the end of season one. Very weird.

Just finished all of ozark and thought it was pretty good, last few episodes were pretty tense and it's got legs for a 4th series certain characters grow into the series as it goes along albeit slowly at times but definitely worth sticking with. 

On another note afterlife ia back next week and I am not a fan of the smug chubby fella but can honestly say the first series of afterlife was one of the funniest /tragic/saddest series I have seen genius acting and writing. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Everyone rightly loves to see Lalo Salamanca, but can I also just say Kim Goddamn Wexler.

Kim is my favourite.

That goes for all visual data ever created.

I'm so happy with this love in for BCS, it's far and away my favourite TV program but most my friends gave up around season 1. If it turned out you were all massive Legion fans as well that'd be great.