What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

27 minutes ago, priest17 said:

No last time I used it was when I tried to binge community a while back, luckily the quality of the show dropped well below the quality of the player so felt okay walking away ahah.

Gave up on the last two episodes of that on All4 as it became hard work, luckily it’s back on Netflix season 6 an all. I have to watch things legitimately so will finally finish it after all this time. 

5A5D3B10-4E91-4254-A271-389A96015F58.jpeg.0b83b51d878236a427509a14540c4cda.jpeg

When I was at school me and my mates all watched this and pretended we understood what the fuck it was all about!  Required viewing along with monty python and old grey whistle test. Rewatched it when older and understood it. Remember the opening scene,  I am not a number, I am a man! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

21 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Sorry missed a few posts! 🤣 too busy dancing and singing whilst cleaning! 

both Radio X and Disney + have already been mentioned! 

We're watching all the Marvel films in chronological order on Disney +. We have seen some of them already but missed out on loads and this seemed a good way to make sure we haven't missed anything.

12 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

We're watching all the Marvel films in chronological order on Disney +. We have seen some of them already but missed out on loads and this seemed a good way to make sure we haven't missed anything.

I'm doing the same although only watched the 'first' 3 (Captain America, Captain Marvel and Iron Man).

The Hulk and the two Spiderman ones aren't on it though sadly.

13 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I'm doing the same although only watched the 'first' 3 (Captain America, Captain Marvel and Iron Man).

The Hulk and the two Spiderman ones aren't on it though sadly.

A nightmare scenario for any completist.

i.e. me

• Upvote 1

I haven’t read the thread so it may have already been mentioned but I’ve binge watched Ozark. I’d never seen it before but finished season one pretty quickly. What a show 😮 Has season 3 just been released? I’m seeing a lot of tweets recently about it so trying to avoid spoilers!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, charlierc said:

What is different about The Amazing Race?

Every leg is a deferent country usually, last person to arrive is eliminated except on pre-chosen non-elimination legs, there are about 2/3 challenges per leg including on older episodes even buying airline/trains tickets (the newer episodes seem to have them pre-bought for teams as they are sponsored by Travelocity but not always), teams battle & screw each other so there is genuine tension & more of a battle to finish & eliminate other teams.

Basically it’s very American, very fast paced so may not be to everyone’s tastes but the challenges the teams are given are based on local culture so you still get to see the best of the countries they visit. It’s genuinely helped me decide on countries to visit in the past & go to some of the filming locations, especially in Europe to do non-touristy things.

I am enjoying Race Around The World though, I look forward to chilling on a Sunday watching it. Especially the episode where they went to Nicaragua where I spent a few weeks there recently. I have never been to South America so I am looking forward to the next episode as a friend went to Columbia & Brazil last summer.

I did have Uganda penned in for this Spring holidays due to a recent episode of The Amazing Race & a Top Gear special... but I’ll just have to wait & see.

17 hours ago, priest17 said:

No last time I used it was when I tried to binge community a while back, luckily the quality of the show dropped well below the quality of the player so felt okay walking away ahah.

‘Modern Warfare’ is one of the best episodes of any TV show I’ve ever seen, up there with Lost’s ‘The Constant’. But you are right, quality did drop.

Did they ever make the movie?

1 minute ago, Bisque said:

‘Modern Warfare’ is one of the best episodes of any TV show I’ve ever seen, up there with Lost’s ‘The Constant’. But you are right, quality did drop.

Did they ever make the movie?

There were flashes of brilliance later on, the wedding apisode in particular, but season 4 was unwatchable at points and few shows could continue strength after Glover leaving (glad he did though, Atlanta is some of the best TV out there).

No not yet, if they ever do. its back on Netflix so maybe they'll try and drum something up.

9 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Did this and found that Revenge of the Sith was not as awful as I remember. However, Attack of the Clones is even worse than I remember and I didn't think that was possible. 

I've been watching the clone wars series which I really enjoy until I remember the films either side of it bringing all the characters down. I'm only really at the start though so hopefully it provides a little more details so the films seem better? I shouldn't have to watch 7 seasons of a kids cartoon to enjoy a film though.

On 4/12/2020 at 11:16 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Oh, oh ,oh, I've just remembered - on the iPlayer, there is the entire wonderful and gentle sitcom, Detectorists. It has the finest on screen portrayal on male friendship I've ever seen. It's absolutely lovely.

A few people I know have said that I really need to watch that, reckon it's right up my street

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

I've been watching the clone wars series which I really enjoy until I remember the films either side of it bringing all the characters down. I'm only really at the start though so hopefully it provides a little more details so the films seem better? I shouldn't have to watch 7 seasons of a kids cartoon to enjoy a film though.

I keep toying with the thought of watching the clone wars series. Like you, in an effort to see if they make the films any better 😄

6 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I keep toying with the thought of watching the clone wars series. Like you, in an effort to see if they make the films any better 😄

I used to catch it on Saturday morning telly (who says you need to have kids to watch cartoons on a Saturday?! :lol:)

It's pretty good actually, I'd give it a go.

On 4/12/2020 at 6:46 PM, rock the clock said:

Watched all of Succession again. From the creator of Peep Show.

Best description I've seen is that it's either the bleakest comedy, or the funniest drama you've ever seen. İt's really great. 

Succession blew me away. I was fearing it would be a little late-era Thick Of It for my liking, but it's just wonderful on every level. Funny, sharp, poignant when it needs to be, relentlessly brutal... I loved the shit out of it.

I'd also recommend Ozark, which has just released its third and by far best season yet. An incredible cast, superb directing and writing.

We're watching Better Call Saul (which lives in that 'too addictive to wait to binge, but much better binge watching' space), Westworld (in the hope it might someday return to the brilliance of its first season), The Nest (fine but don't expect anything extraordinary), The Morning Show (all set up to hate it but I'll be damned if it isn't brilliant) and The Walking Dead (too embarrassed to admit I should have given up years ago so I'm in it until the end).

On 4/11/2020 at 11:27 PM, Andy0808 v5 said:

Both safe and The stranger on Netflix are very good thrillers/suspense programmes.

Gearing up for Tiger King on my next batch of days off. 

For anyone with Netflix and hasn’t had the pleasure.. Always sunny in Philadelphia, the greatest comedy TV show ever, full stop. has 14 seasons of greatness.

Sunny is unbelievable. Your picture gets me every time! In a good way!

40 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

It can be hit or miss. I'm told it gets a lot, lot better later on so I'm happy sticking with the dud episodes. Dead easy to wack on with the ol' disney+ now. One thing that stands out though is that someones actually thought about it and where they want it to go which has been lacking the last few decades in Star Wars.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:44 AM, Mr Boo said:

You were never going to like Game of Thorne Dan, really not your thing.

With all the hours you are working and the fact you are saving money from not being able to go out, I think you should treat yourself to Netflix.

Suggested watching on Netflix -

Stranger things

Sex Education 

Mind Hunter

Russian Doll

Tiger King

Narcos

Anyway take care everyone and see you at work Dan 😊

Somehow im spending as much staying in. Though i have bought some 1972 dated luncheon vouchers cos i watched Bronco bullfrog after waiting for years and they had an old luncheon voucher sticker in a window which led to an argument were they green or blue. ( film is black and white and really not worth the wait but suedehead fashion before it was wvwn named. 1969) so not all spent on drunken ebay shopping (ahem).  I knew nothing about tiger king til this thread and now i feel i know too much. But yep i think Netflix is next purchase. Glad you're back up and around mate.