What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

If you’ve not watched it I recommend Race Across the World on BBC. It’s currently on its second series, all episodes including the first series are on iPlayer. 

It’s about several couples having to effectively race across the world only by land or sea all the price of the equivalent flight. Really interesting seeing all the different parts of the world. 

Everything :ph34r:

Tiger King, Better Call Saul, West world, all the DC progs, The Purge, god knows how many times I've watched the film Contagion (its addictive), Walking Dead, Altered Carbon..

Still got Handmaidens Tale, Peaky Blinders, You (2nd season) to watch plus god knows whatever else

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I've watched the first 3. It looked like it was going to be really good, and the world building and some of the detail are excellent but overall just a bit disappointing so far. The plot isn't up to much and the main characters, particularly the central couple, just aren't interesting enough. Shame, cos it had real potential. Only 3 episodes left so I'll probably end up seeing how it plays out, but no rush

You can probably guess 

11 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

I feel like I don’t have to watch this now. 

Hey that's just my opinion old son.. Could be completely different.. I'll wait and watch the lot in one hit.. Not like I'm going out partying is it.. 

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Talking of Armando, I started watching Avenue 5, but the way things spill out of control into a disaster with idiots in charge...was a bit close to home.

Thats tomorrow's I think lol

10 hours ago, priest17 said:

VEEP is an AAA show, criminally underrated in this country. Changes a bit when ya boi Armando leaves but is still brilliant. Finishes brilliantly as well.

That's interesting, I didn't realize Armando left it, but we are about halfway through series 5 and we felt it began to fall away.

21 hours ago, priest17 said:

Greatest show of all time? Maybe, I think it's my favourite though. Although it's a toss up between that and BoJack (and the Simpsons obviously, I feel like that goes without saying round here).

Watching Breaking Bad as one of the flatmates has never seen it and it just makes BCS even better. I'm happy to fist fight anyone that suggests that Bad is better (not really, but it shout about it over a pint)

21 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I've loved the slower episodes of Better Call Saul. Normally, if a show starts to get too slow, or looks from the start like it's going to be one of those type of shows, I just drop it, but Saul had just been so compelling all the way through. And I've watched them all as they've come out rather than binging any.

We're rewatching Breaking Bad at the minute for the first time since broadcast and BCS probably is the better show. It's less exciting and flashy, but it does more with less and has just as grand and tragic a pair of central stories. 

I've rewatched Stranger Things and it really is as good as I remember! Halfway through This Country (bloody brilliant) and hoping to crack on with Tiger King shortly! As far as films go if you haven't watched The Big Short yet it's a fantastic film with a brilliant cast (on Netflix). 

On 4/11/2020 at 10:51 PM, danmarks said:

In doing the Sopranos for the first time. Working mostly so smashing them in when i can. Just finished series 1. Enjoying it more than the game of thrones nonsense. 

You were never going to like Game of Thorne Dan, really not your thing.

With all the hours you are working and the fact you are saving money from not being able to go out, I think you should treat yourself to Netflix.

Suggested watching on Netflix -

Stranger things

Sex Education 

Mind Hunter

Russian Doll

Tiger King

Narcos

Anyway take care everyone and see you at work Dan 😊

20 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

You were never going to like Game of Thorne Dan, really not your thing.

With all the hours you are working and the fact you are saving money from not being able to go out, I think you should treat yourself to Netflix.

Suggested watching on Netflix -

Stranger things

Sex Education 

Mind Hunter

Russian Doll

Tiger King

Narcos

Anyway take care everyone and see you at work Dan 😊

Russian Doll is quality.

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching Season 1 of Walter Presents: Before We Die, a Swedish crime drama available on catch up from 4. Came across it by accident and it’s one of the most gripping series I’ve seen for a while. Will start Season 2 imminently.

Currently watching the latest series of Narcos:Mexico on Netflix - which is well up to standard.

Going back through old seasons of Survivor USA, currently on s26 so that means I’ve watched 13.5 seasons so far, 40ish minutes each episode + one double episode with 14 episodes per season. Quick math... 135 hours of viewing?

Going to rewatch The Amazing Race next from season 1 through to 31.

Then I’m a bit stumped but a while to go yet.

edit: will try and watch Sunderland Till I Die & currently watching Race Around The World & Friday Night Dinner but not binging them.

Edited by Bisque

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

Has anyone watched this? Worth watching, having on in the background or just ignorin'?

It's a puff piece. Fine for background watching but not essential and certainly didn't challenge any of preconceptions about Coachella being a poor imitation of a festival.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

It's a puff piece. Fine for background watching but not essential and certainly didn't challenge any of preconceptions about Coachella being a poor imitation of a festival.

Thanks. I'll wack it on in the background while I'm working then, I'm assuming there's some half decent performances in there.