Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

"If you look ahead, like we do, you will see see light. Somewhere down the road.

We are cautiously optimistic about conducting a festival this summer. That’s why we think it’s appropriate to announce some new music and art now. We want to show that you have something to look forward to."

Kermit loves his phone | Kermit the Frog | Know Your Meme

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Hell yeah, I've got a Roskilde ticket. Still not sure if I'll go tho...

Surprised at Phoebe being at the bottom of the poster though, considering the acclaim Punisher had gotten this year

She’s pretty low down at Mad Cool as well. Weird.

I was wondering if Phoebe will get a boost up the lineup next year considering how much she’s taken off recently. Nothing crazy, but maybe a move to John Peel, or even headlining the Park.

Although that would mean an inevitable clash so hopefully not - she was in risky territory as it is (assuming she was gonna be near the top of the Park lineup).

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I was wondering if Phoebe will get a boost up the lineup next year considering how much she’s taken off recently. Nothing crazy, but maybe a move to John Peel, or even headlining the Park.

Although that would mean an inevitable clash so hopefully not - she was in risky territory as it is (assuming she was gonna be near the top of the Park lineup).

Yeah I think Park headliner is a good fit, especially when there’s possibly a gap there if London Grammar aren’t around. I wonder if early afternoon Pyramid would work too. 

34 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I think Park headliner is a good fit, especially when there’s possibly a gap there if London Grammar aren’t around. I wonder if early afternoon Pyramid would work too. 

Her music’s great but nothing about it says early afternoon Pyramid.

Park headliner would be good but I think Big Thief and Laura Marling could easily claim that slot too. She’ll be moved up the running order for sure though, or about 3/4 down John Peel.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d imagine most festivals, including GF, will simply try to replicate 2020’s lineup as best they can, without having to re-negotiate every acts’ contracts based on this years streaming stats.

Edited by henry bear

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh yeah on the topic of Roskilde, this was a timetable they released

received_209408540235898.png

That Thursday afternoon run of Angel Olsen > Waxahatchee > Phoebe Bridgers > Charli XCX > Kacey Musgraves would be brilliant.

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Her music’s great but nothing about it says early afternoon Pyramid.

Park headliner would be good but I think Big Thief and Laura Marling could easily claim that slot too. She’ll be moved up the running order for sure though, or about 3/4 down John Peel.

Yeah that’s fair enough. I suspect Fontaines DC will move to a larger stage too so plenty of room to play higher up the Park.

53 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

That Thursday afternoon run of Angel Olsen > Waxahatchee > Phoebe Bridgers > Charli XCX > Kacey Musgraves would be brilliant.

Yeah, that thursday looked incredible. Probably the strongest day.

I wonder who the TBAs would have been too. The act that played in that first TBA slot last year was Tears for Fears, so could have been someone pretty good

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

The possibility of Phoebe Bridgers headlining The Park is already stressing me out. Up against either Kendrick or Paul McCartney.. pain.

Fear not. The moment those first angelic tones left her lips, all stress would dissipate. 

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Deftones subbing Other is dreamland, but I could just about see them topping the JP or 3/4th on Other. More likely they simply aren't there, though.

Idles will replace Robyn as Other sub if she drops out, feeling quite confident about that.

Phoebe top of the Park makes heaps of sense.

We already had our 3 Park headers though didn’t we? Would they really knock one of the others down to accommodate? (If they’re still playing of course)

1 minute ago, sisco said:

We already had our 3 Park headers though didn’t we? Would they really knock one of the others down to accommodate? (If they’re still playing of course)

London Grammar were one and they’ve seemingly pulled out of Mad Cool, although it may well be that they’ve just had a scheduling conflict there rather than cancelling their tour altogether - I’m still expecting them at Glastonbury. Phoebe would be an ideal replacement though if they are out.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

London Grammar were one and they’ve seemingly pulled out of Mad Cool, although it may well be that they’ve just had a scheduling conflict there rather than cancelling their tour altogether - I’m still expecting them at Glastonbury. Phoebe would be an ideal replacement though if they are out.

Ahh missed that.  I shall stand down...  as it now makes complete sense