Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

49 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

I believe theyre taking some time out as Lauries girlfriend died of cancer in june :(

I know, it's a horrible thing for anyone to go through let alone when you have two young children as well. Laurie's still doing his solo stuff and their facebook/insta profiles have been purged so I think that's it for Slaves. Isaac is doing solo stuff too. 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We actually did find ourselves there due to an (in retrospect) inexplicable decision to take in the Dropkick Murphys.

That Sunday absolutely sums up what's so wonderful about festivals, and Glastonbury in particular.

My clash nightmare that lunchtime was between going to bounce around to Dropkick Murphys or sitting down to watch Ruby Wax give a talk on mindfulness.

What a sentence that is.

I've seen some great stuff in the JPT/New Bands Tent, Shazza Van Etten and Friendly Fires last time around.

Favourite JPT anecdote is probably Conor Oberst headlining it hammered, calling Peel "a cokehead - that's why I like him; we have a lot in common", followed up with "John Peel is shit, and so is this festival".

On 8/25/2020 at 2:16 PM, Quark said:

LCD are a band that completely, and I mean completely, passed me by.  The only song I even vaguely know is Daft Punk IS Playing At My House.  I know that set must have been good because I have heard nothing but amazing things about it around these parts, but because I don't know them at all I've never felt like I missed out.

Sometimes ignorance is indeed bliss :D

I tried and tried and tried to get into them. To be fair I don't mind them now. The hype about them is just an efests thing I think. There are far better electro pop bands.

I have watched that Glasto set back and it is nothing special. I get the impression people on here would have raved about it and said it was the best thing ever, if the singer had come on with a recorder and Al Doyle would have been hitting a dustbin with a cricket bat.

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I tried and tried and tried to get into them. To be fair I don't mind them now. The hype about them is just an efests thing I think. There are far better electro pop bands.

I have watched that Glasto set back and it is nothing special. I get the impression people on here would have raved about it and said it was the best thing ever, if the singer had come on with a recorder and Al Doyle would have been hitting a dustbin with a cricket bat.

Hmm, I dunno man. I didn't much care for them til I went along to that set - it really was quite something!