Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah they headlined 2016 in a bit of a weird time. Headlining the year after an album release. Then again the festival was securing other bookings that might drop out (Adele), and there was chat about the Foos potentially rolling over to 2016 instead of 2017. Muse definitely swooped in and saved the day for the big G.

This is why I think Muse are probably a strong shout for 2021. If Taylor and Kendrick are both out they may be looking for safe options to book as replacements.

Muse / Paul McCartney / Arctic Monkeys is a bit laddy on paper - but in a year where festivals aren’t certain to even be happening they are probably an easy trio to lock in. Three festival favourites too.

Macca is as safe a booking as you can make, Arctic Monkeys aren’t find behind. If they’ve secured those two then they won’t need Muse as well.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

For someone seemingly obsessed with the relative sizes of acts it surprises me that you’re surprised.

They’ve been regularly headlining major festivals and selling out stadia since 2004. 

Surprise-ception

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

I have zero shame in agreeing with that. I loved the 2016 set.

Missed it for LCD (no regrets obvs) but I actually really enjoyed their last album and they've enough stuff in their back catalogue from the first 4 albums that I know I could live with whatever they inflict on us from Mylo Xyloto, Ghost Stories and Head Full Of Dreams.

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Missed it for LCD (no regrets obvs) but I actually really enjoyed their last album and they've enough stuff in their back catalogue from the first 4 albums that I know I could live with whatever they inflict on us from Mylo Xyloto, Ghost Stories and Head Full Of Dreams.

See I really like some of the tracks from those three. Sky Full of Stars, Paradise, Charlie Brown and Adventure Of A Lifetime all sound great live, and a couple of the others aren't too bad either.

If they popped up again they'd certainly be a step above my "see it if nothing else is on" category, if not up there in the must see list.

7 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Mrs J made me go to Coldplay with her instead of LCD. I won’t pretend I didn’t enjoy the Coldplay set but it has been forever tainted by the knowledge that I missed out on an LCD set for the ages.

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Macca is as safe a booking as you can make, Arctic Monkeys aren’t find behind. If they’ve secured those two then they won’t need Muse as well.

But what if they just want to get all three of their headliners done and dusted so they can move on with the more pressing issue of implementing social distancing within the festival?

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But what if they just want to get all three of their headliners done and dusted so they can move on with the more pressing issue of implementing social distancing within the festival?

I’m not sure the people in charge of booking the headliners are also in charge of social distancing...

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mrs J made me go to Coldplay with her instead of LCD. I won’t pretend I didn’t enjoy the Coldplay set but it has been forever tainted by the knowledge that I missed out on an LCD set for the ages.

LCD are a band that completely, and I mean completely, passed me by.  The only song I even vaguely know is Daft Punk IS Playing At My House.  I know that set must have been good because I have heard nothing but amazing things about it around these parts, but because I don't know them at all I've never felt like I missed out.

Sometimes ignorance is indeed bliss :D

Muse seems kinda an obvious bet. Why would they be touring festivals in June after being everywhere the past few years? I reckon Eavii have them booked as an easy headliner with no Kendrick and Taylor and touted themselves around as being available and Nova Rock and others have snapped them up.

Muse // Paul McCartney // Arctic Monkeys

Sausage fest but after whats gone on, Muse wouldn't be a awful alternative but not inspired at all.

27 minutes ago, Quark said:

LCD are a band that completely, and I mean completely, passed me by.  The only song I even vaguely know is Daft Punk IS Playing At My House.  I know that set must have been good because I have heard nothing but amazing things about it around these parts, but because I don't know them at all I've never felt like I missed out.

Sometimes ignorance is indeed bliss :D

Go and listen to Sound of Silver now please. 

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Muse seems kinda an obvious bet. Why would they be touring festivals in June after being everywhere the past few years? I reckon Eavii have them booked as an easy headliner with no Kendrick and Taylor and touted themselves around as being available and Nova Rock and others have snapped them up.

Muse // Paul McCartney // Arctic Monkeys

Sausage fest but after whats gone on, Muse wouldn't be a awful alternative but not inspired at all.

They tour festivals most years, I really wouldn’t read that much into it.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Actually thinking about it, I could see Arctic Monkeys waiting till 2022, they aint that bothered about it as much. At the moment Muse seem a better shout due to having dates next June. AMs are only rumours till announced. If they are struggling the three above would be massive considering. 

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Go and listen to Sound of Silver now please. 

I can't, I'm in the middle of Xylo Myloto

I'll add it to the pile ;)

EDIT: you do know that coming to it now, 13 years after it was released and at a completely different time in life (we know we're similar age) it's just really unlikely to have that much of an effect on me, right?  I know you want me to be blown away by it, but just be prepared for me to come back and say "yeah, it's alright". 

Edited by Quark

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Actually thinking about it, I could see Arctic Monkeys waiting till 2022, they aint that bothered about it as much. At the moment Muse seem a better shout due to having dates next June. AMs are only rumours till announced. If they are struggling the three above would be massive considering. 

There have only been two festivals since Muse last headlined and it’s not like they’ll be short of other options.

I’d say there is slim to no chance of them headlining next year.

They aren't going to book Muse and Arctics next year if Macca is secured.

If they're looking for two rock acts, one of them will be The 1975, they're definitely one of the first in line if this years trio pulls out. Muse can play any year, but 75's slot has a shorter window of opportunity.

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

I can't, I'm in the middle of Xylo Myloto

I'll add it to the pile ;)

EDIT: you do know that coming to it now, 13 years after it was released and at a completely different time in life (we know we're similar age) it's just really unlikely to have that much of an effect on me, right?  I know you want me to be blown away by it, but just be prepared for me to come back and say "yeah, it's alright". 

I only really got properly into LCD when This Is Happening came out. Before that I was pretty much the same as you (familiarity extended to Daft Punk Is Playing At My House and not much further), so SOS was a retrospective find for me. I liked (and still do like) This Is Happening, but SOS blew my away and is one of my favourite albums now. All My Friends and Someone Great in particular being two of the best songs of the 21st century.

tl;dr - I take your point and all but if you say 'yeah it's alright' you're getting cancelled

Edited by SwedgeAntilles