Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

What's with these kind of posts? I am not taking the piss out of anyone and you know what I mean. Why make it personal?

I'll explain my post on here but first and foremost I didn't think you'd find my reply offensive and I apologise if I got that wrong.

Without trying to extend the personal attack, I replied like that because to me your posts stand out as more negative than the average efests poster and quite often telling people they are wrong, either in prediction or music taste. The only reason I picked this one to reply to was the intro of 'Not to spoil the fun...' as I quoted, because it can appear that your posts thrive off being negative about the band/act in question and to an extent spoiling the fun of the fans in the thread that you disagree with. 

Again with the nature of your posts I didn't think I'd offend you with the quote, and sorry if I did. 

Muse are one of those bands that I'll basically always go and see because I love them (despite not particularly liking a full album since BH&R) but I don't particularly get excited about.

But, given the uproar they'd cause here, get them in!

Muse, RHCP and one more ;)

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Muse are one of those bands that I'll basically always go and see because I love them (despite not particularly liking a full album since BH&R) but I don't particularly get excited about.

But, given the uproar they'd cause here, get them in!

Muse, RHCP and one more ;)

Music festival equivalent of shitting in your own bed to own the libs.

Muse wouldn’t be my first choice, or second, or third... But they’re a band I could happily watch if nothing else was to take my fancy.

That said I think there’s zero chance they’ll be there next summer unless something dramatic happens and the fest needs a last minute replacement.

Edited by Hugh Jass

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What the fuck is that thing?!?

Looks like a cross between Alien and Robocop!

Their cyberpunk version of the monster that gets used at Iron Maiden shows. They just released a concert film that ties in the show with all the movie visuals and such used during it. Very well put together.

Jokes aside, Muse are an odd one.  If I was to go through their catalogue I could pick out a setlist of songs where I know I'd thoroughly enjoy a good 75% of them.  IMO they've released some absolute bangers over the years.  The quality has dropped over the years, certainly since BH&R, but you can still build a decent list.

They put on a big OTT show, and I'm a sucker for stuff like that on a big stage. 

But despite all that they just don't...excite me as a prospect. Or anyone that I know tbh.  Everyone seems to have them as an acceptable option if nothing else is on, although that may be because most of the ones I know have been to Glastonbury enough to have seen them at least once.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Their cyberpunk version of the monster that gets used at Iron Maiden shows. They just released a concert film that ties in the show with all the movie visuals and such used during it. Very well put together.

I thought it had a hint of Eddie about it.

Fun fact.  Derek Riggs' original art concept that was adapted into Eddie was originally called "Electric Matthew".

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Jokes aside, Muse are an odd one.  If I was to go through their catalogue I could pick out a setlist of songs where I know I'd thoroughly enjoy a good 75% of them.  IMO they've released some absolute bangers over the years.  The quality has dropped over the years, certainly since BH&R, but you can still build a decent list.

They put on a big OTT show, and I'm a sucker for stuff like that on a big stage. 

But despite all that they just don't...excite me as a prospect. Or anyone that I know tbh.  Everyone seems to have them as an acceptable option if nothing else is on, although that may be because most of the ones I know have been to Glastonbury enough to have seen them at least once.

Yeah I think their material up to and including BH&R is sublime. Every album afterwards has between 3 and 5 songs I like (off the top of my head). 

I'd actually prefer they went less big show style but that's personal preference. I think part of the problem is they've been everywhere for years, so most have probably seen them. 

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Yeah I think their material up to and including BH&R is sublime. Every album afterwards has between 3 and 5 songs I like (off the top of my head). 

I'd actually prefer they went less big show style but that's personal preference. I think part of the problem is they've been everywhere for years, so most have probably seen them. 

One thing I can't be doing with is their version of Feeling Good though. Utter tripe. But then any version that isn't Nina Simone falls under that category for me.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'll give it another spin. Don't think I gave it much of a chance when it came out.

Exactly the same here, can't remember if I gave it more than a couple of run throughs...

If I love that then I night unironically really want them to play 😂