Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

40 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reeling in horror at the possibility that next year's Friday night line-up could be this parade of early naughties flotsam and jetsam.

Arctic Monkeys / Fatboy Slim / Thom Yorke / Editors / Manic Street Preachers

Would certainly require a more in-depth look at some of the smaller stages. 

Did we have Glade info? 

29 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Big downgrade from seeing Kenny to poring over the line-up of The Peoples Front Room on the off-chance that there's an interesting looking comedy kazoo player.

Would happily rave along to this if it meant life was a little more normal and Micky E’s big party got the green light. 

MSP would be a great Fri night option for me. All over that.

Ignore Calgon. He's just grumpy that none of the  possible headline acts would allow him to to stifle a chuckle at the rest of us and be smug about having gone to see the cool option while the rest of us were having fun ;)

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

MSP would be a great Fri night option for me. All over that.

Ignore Calgon. He's just grumpy that none of the  possible headline acts would allow him to to stifle a chuckle at the rest of us and be smug about having gone to see the cool option while the rest of us were having fun ;)

Same here! Perfect Friday night headliner

Leave the arctic monkeys to the teenagers

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

I think a fair few of us would be happy just for the festival to be on and not care who plays where and when!

I'm not letting the elation of getting back take away from my complaining about the line-up. We're only there for 5 days, complaining keeps me going for months.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

People say that about when there’s one headliner some don’t like. They usually programme something for everyone across the main stages.

I really don’t see it being Arctics v Editors v Manics if Arctics do play. Days would have to be juggled.

Maybe switch either Dua or PSB to Friday?

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cant believe you've not seen the Manic Street Preachers before

I have! Albeit only once.

If something's on that I really enjoy, I'll happily watch it again.  There's a balance to be struck at Glastonbury (or at any festival for that matter) between taking the chance to see new things and seeing stuff you know you'll enjoy.

It's no different to an album or a film for me.  I don't stop revisiting albums or rewatching films just because I've heard or seen them before and there's an endless list of stuff I haven't. Ditto with a gig.

If it's a band that I'm a bit "meh" about and it's literally a fallback option in the event of nothing else being on then yeah, it's a bit of a copout and I'm more likely to go see the Bulgarian folk/dubstep mashup band :D

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Maybe switch either Dua or PSB to Friday?

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup. Or even the Isley Brothers.

Would probably expect Fatboy to stay on Friday as that isn’t one that needs changing. Swapping Charli and/or Caribou with their Friday night stage counterparts would work things out a bit however.