Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

I’d actually not heard this narrative that it was a disappointing record. Genuinely surprised. It’s not their best but it’s a a really strong 8/10 album.

Either way - pleeeeaaase get them on the Farm. We need something fresh on the lineup with the acts we’ve lost. A run of TWOD > HAIM > headliner would be delightful.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I obviously missed the Vampire Weekend shouldn't have subbed, no-one watched them, chance to buy a pint/go for a piss memo. So did the many people around me having a great time.

Sub of the weekend for me 

Agreeing with what was said above about subs being better when they compliment the headliner. Even if the ‘average’ punter didn’t know TWOD, if they subbed some sort of classic rock headliner they would be a revelation for a lot of people that weekend. 

And A Deeper Understanding is excellent, though I agree not as special as the previous one. 

Edited by 1986

5 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Agreeing with what was said above about subs being better when they compliment the headliner. Even if the ‘average’ punter didn’t know TWOD, if they subbed some sort of classic rock headliner they would be a revelation for a lot of people that weekend. 

And A Deeper Understanding is excellent, though I agree not as special as the previous one. 

There are different schools of thought here, some like the sub & headliner to complement each other’s, whilst others prefer a difference of styles/genres to allow crowd churn. Personally it doesn’t bother me either way.

Had the mooted Aerosmith/Noel/Macca run happened this year you’d have seen thousands and thousands of people descend on the Pyramid at around 6pm and just squat there for the rest of the evening.

Edited by Hugh Jass

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There are different schools of thought here, some like the sub & headliner to complement each other’s, whilst others prefer a difference of styles/genres to allow crowd churn. Personally it doesn’t bother me either way.

Had the mooted Aerosmith/Noel/Macca run happened this year you’d have seen thousands and thousands of people descend on the Pyramid at around 6pm and just squat there for the rest of the evening.

For sure, I totally get it from a logistical stand point but I bet there would be a lot less ‘they shit the bed’ verdicts of subs if they had a crowd more geared towards them. Which also might act as counter to the theory of keeping the crowd moving if sub crowds seem to be littered with disinterested chatter of people waiting for who’s on next And effectively killing the atmosphere. It’s tough though, I think part of the ‘Glasto spirit‘ they’re keen to uphold is one of mixing genres slot to slot to give it its world beating all rounder status, which is also understandable.