Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve always fancied seeing Kiss, always imagined their shows being a hell of a lot of fun. But never wanted to pay their huge prices or traipse to Download just for them.

Saw them at Download in 2008 and can confirm they were a blast. 

Spotted that Ladysmith Black Mambazo are touring the UK next year, 15th May to 21st June with nothing showing immediately after.  Puts them bang on the money to appear at Glastonbury, which would make me so VERY happy. Can't think of a better mid-afternoon act on a sunny day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Spotted that Ladysmith Black Mambazo are touring the UK next year, 15th May to 21st June with nothing showing immediately after.  Puts them bang on the money to appear at Glastonbury, which would make me so VERY happy. Can't think of a better mid-afternoon act on a sunny day.

Are they shit if it’s raining?

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Fuck I had tickets to the original dates but (fingers crossed) if I get tickets to Glastonbury I’m not gonna be able to make it now. That’s very annoying - was really looking toward to that gig as well but it was the Monday immediately after lockdown started, and no doubt she’ll be amongst a clash at Glastonbury.

26 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Passport:Back to  Our Roots may have just teased Public Service Broadcasting.

Looking more promising by the post.

I had a look through who they're following on Instagram and Twitter for clues, here's what I've found: Primal Scream, Lucia & the Best Boys, Everything Everything, Fat White Family, Neil Cowley, DMA's, Shame, Frank Turner, Noel Fielding, Cabbage, Sports Team, Working Men's Club, Fontaines DC, Foals, Public Service Broadcasting, Happy Mondays, Speedy Wunderground, Blossoms, Goat Girl, The Specials, Idles, The Orielles, Elbow, Sleaford Mods, Enter Shikari, Ed Harcourt, PINS, Gerry Cinnamon, Liam Gallagher, James, Johnny Marr, Jack Savoretti, We Are Scientists, The Wombats, Bombay Bicycle Club, Shed Seven, British Sea Power, I am Kloot, Doves, John Grant, Mansun, Ariana Grande, Tom Grennan, Dua Lipa, Niall Horan, Billy Bragg, Tim Burgess, Arctic Monkeys and... Oasis.

Obviously not expecting all of those to play but there's quite a few there I'd be very happy to see

37 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Great news about Kelis. Guesstimate puts her as West Holts sub?

This year's WH line-up (based on the Spotify playlist):

Black Uhuru, Brittany Howard, Celeste, Danny Brown, EarthGang, Gilberto Gil & Family, Greentea Peng, The Isley Brothers, Kano, Kelis, Kokoko!, Nubya Garcia, Richard Dawson, Seun Kuti, Snarky Puppy, Thom Yorke Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes, Thundercat, TLC, Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes

Maybe third down?

But aye, hopefully not shoved in Silver Hayes again...

Edited by Tuna

1 hour ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

Guns N‘ Roses have a Glasto shaped hole in their new tour dates. Would the Eavii be interested to book them? Not sure, especially if Macca is still in the frame.

117112537_10158750092998069_352376013336

They did in 2020 too so I don’t know really. I guess they are an option if stuff doesn’t pan out but I can’t really see it in my opinion. I think they are too risky of a booking.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

They did in 2020 too so I don’t know really. I guess they are an option if stuff doesn’t pan out but I can’t really see it in my opinion. I think they are too risky of a booking.

Are they not notoriously expensive too?

6 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Are they not notoriously expensive too?

I don’t really buy the ‘an act is too expensive’ for Glastonbury argument when they’ve managed to land a fair few acts now that have notoriously high fees. I think  it should be reworded slightly as ‘would glasto ask them?’ And ‘would they accept the lower fee for glasto exposure?’.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t really buy the ‘an act is too expensive’ for Glastonbury argument when they’ve managed to land a fair few acts now that have notoriously high fees. I think  it should be reworded slightly as ‘would glasto ask them?’ And ‘would they accept the lower fee for glasto exposure?’.

Aye that's the rub. Glastonbury will pay for the likes of the Stones or the Mac because they're on their wishlist. I just don't see GNR being on that list (certainly not high enough for them to push the boat out financially for them).