Jump to content

Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Who knows, but i figure they had something ready. If indeed they agreed for the Pyramid then it wouldve been one new song that was a single. Smaller stage its more new ones. 🤷🏻‍♂️
 

interesting bit from Hayley Williams. Discussed her tour being outright cancelled and is entertaining festival offers. Probably John Peel. 🤔
 

 

Coachella or Lollapalooza I reckon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gateshead! I knew it was them! Even when it was the coronavirus I knew it was them! 

Convincing my mum and dad to see LCD at the end of a very trudge-y weekend was next level special. My da (in his 60s) was peripherally into the band but I'd had to briefed my mum that day on what

Posted Images

Bonnaroo would be in the mix too since she lives in Nashville and they have some history.

Rolling Loud Portugal announced their initial line up. Who wants a stage with just rappers named Lil on it?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Bonnaroo would be in the mix too since she lives in Nashville and they have some history.

Rolling Loud Portugal announced their initial line up. Who wants a stage with just rappers named Lil on it?

 

 

No Lil Phil?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ars Haim still strongly looking into bringing themselves back, or are they low ratings fake news?

Judging by the leaked UK tour dates they’re pretty much a dead certainty. Looks like they’ve booked it specifically to cater to Glastonbury.

edit: obviously if the dates are legit, which Neil seems to think they roughly are 

Edited by FloorFiller
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Bonnaroo would be in the mix too since she lives in Nashville and they have some history.

Rolling Loud Portugal announced their initial line up. Who wants a stage with just rappers named Lil on it?

 

 

What about Lil Lil?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She is a tart!

 

 

 

One for the kids there 

Pop culture reference bang on point there Calgon

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Suprefan said:

interesting bit from Hayley Williams. Discussed her tour being outright cancelled and is entertaining festival offers. Probably John Peel. 🤔

Would be very happy to see her on the farm. Her solo album earlier this year was bloody brilliant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember months ago someone posted a rumour here that there was going to be a rather "out of left field" act at Glastonbury?

 

Just had an idea... could it be RuPaul's drag race? They're touring Europe in June - performing at arenas - and they seem to be free on Glastonbury weekend. Considering Glastonbury is during pride month and it would likely get a lot of attention, don't you think that it could be possible? Pyramid opener one day perhaps

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Remember months ago someone posted a rumour here that there was going to be a rather "out of left field" act at Glastonbury?

 

Just had an idea... could it be RuPaul's drag race? They're touring Europe in June - performing at arenas - and they seem to be free on Glastonbury weekend. Considering Glastonbury is during pride month and it would likely get a lot of attention, don't you think that it could be possible? Pyramid opener one day perhaps

Obviously they must have some kind of act together if they’re touring, but... what would they do? Not exactly an avid watcher of the show but are the contestants known to put on big shows/sing songs etc? Would be a pretty hilarious and fun way to open a day at the festival, that’s for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Obviously they must have some kind of act together if they’re touring, but... what would they do? Not exactly an avid watcher of the show but are the contestants known to put on big shows/sing songs etc? Would be a pretty hilarious and fun way to open a day at the festival, that’s for sure.

"Werq the World Tour is known for large-scale shows on stages with Jumbo Tron screens, giving performances a concert-style feel as well as ongoing expansions and modifications after every leg of touring."

 

So it seems like a pretty big production. I think it's a mix of different performances, but mainly singing and dancing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

"Werq the World Tour is known for large-scale shows on stages with Jumbo Tron screens, giving performances a concert-style feel as well as ongoing expansions and modifications after every leg of touring."

 

So it seems like a pretty big production. I think it's a mix of different performances, but mainly singing and dancing?

I know with those rescheduled dates to June, but its likely due to who is avail and such since there are dates in May, too. 
 
I mean its a drag show with high production values, but where would you want to place it anyway? Of course it would make the NYC Downlow extra spicy that weekend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

but where would you want to place it anyway? Of course it would make the NYC Downlow extra spicy that weekend. 

Pyramid for the main show. And then yeah, a little show in NYC Downlow, maybe a DJ set somewhere too.

 

Drag Race UK is shown on BBC, so a big "Glastonbury Special show" would get attention. Maybe they could all sing hits from previous headliners 

Edited by Gilgamesh69
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Remember months ago someone posted a rumour here that there was going to be a rather "out of left field" act at Glastonbury?

Just had an idea... could it be RuPaul's drag race? They're touring Europe in June - performing at arenas - and they seem to be free on Glastonbury weekend. Considering Glastonbury is during pride month and it would likely get a lot of attention, don't you think that it could be possible? Pyramid opener one day perhaps

I thought at first you meant RuPaul himself and I don’t think he’s appeared in drag for a ticketed event or his own tour for years.

I mean I could imagine werk the world going down a storm on the farm. NYC downlow too.

The only thing that makes me think probably not though is down to fees again. The US drag queens cost a lot to book.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like if they were going to be in the downlow it would have to be a secret as in the lgbt scene these lot are actually very very popular and I reckon a lot of people would want to see them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Judging by the leaked UK tour dates they’re pretty much a dead certainty. Looks like they’ve booked it specifically to cater to Glastonbury.

edit: obviously if the dates are legit, which Neil seems to think they roughly are 

I believe there will be some confirmation tomorrow afternoon . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I thought at first you meant RuPaul himself and I don’t think he’s appeared in drag for a ticketed event or his own tour for years.

I mean I could imagine werk the world going down a storm on the farm. NYC downlow too.

The only thing that makes me think probably not though is down to fees again. The US drag queens cost a lot to book.

If this gets tied into an episode for their series than it’s not as if Glasto has to incur all the costs anyway, they got their own budget. And yeah, Rupaul isn’t showing up for this unless it was for a tv episode. But who knows what may come of this.

 

and andrea bocelli? That would be the biggest bargain to see him since its so expensive for a ticket to his own show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

If this gets tied into an episode for their series than it’s not as if Glasto has to incur all the costs anyway, they got their own budget. And yeah, Rupaul isn’t showing up for this unless it was for a tv episode. But who knows what may come of this.

 

and andrea bocelli? That would be the biggest bargain to see him since its so expensive for a ticket to his own show.

It won’t tie into the show as the filming is done at different times of the year and those on tour are all previous contestants who won’t be on the show again. I think the US show typically films in the May-August window for 3/4weeks. The U.K. seasons are filmed in feb. It’s not going to be something like that.

I think it’s just a coincidence that the tour is around Glastonbury, but I could see NYC downlow getting a few previous contestants in the area to pop up.

Yeah someone said Andrea Bocceli was booked for 2020. Can’t remember who but it was someone on this board. Looking at his tour dates too it matches up. It would also fit the description of “not quite pop” as he’s collaborated with some big popstars and had hit singles but he’s not exactly a pop star. 

Edited by Matt42
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah someone said Andrea Bocceli was booked for 2020. Can’t remember who but it was someone on this board. Looking at his tour dates too it matches up. It would also fit the description of “not quite pop” as he’s collaborated with some big popstars and had hit singles but he’s not exactly a pop star. 

Bocceli’s playing Portugal on the Saturday next year. So if he and his band get in the Ford  Transit pronto, and put their foot down, they could perhaps make it - but it looks unlikely

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I believe there will be some confirmation tomorrow afternoon . 

yeah.

And they managed to mess up the release for a 2nd time. :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...