Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like it was going to be Mumford & Sons doing a surprise set.

And what a surprise it would have been...

Tbf we don’t know this, just assumed. Could have been on a different stage. Same with Aerosmith in fact.

Even if that’s where they were programmed, I wouldn’t say the Mumford secret set has to be pre-headline Sunday and it’s also fair game for Haim.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have a feeling it was Alicia Keys before Taylor. Nothing that solid on it but from what it’s worth they asked acts whether they would be comfortable being on the poster before the poster went live. Obviously this was as the pandemic was rearing it’s head. She could have easily asked for her not to be included as she would be coming from the states.

She’s rescheduled her dates for 2021 and the Glasto gap remains. She also spoke about Glastonbury on the radio.

Mumford & Sons played Glastonbury via a secret set in a teepee tent one year. They don’t need to be on the pyramid.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf we don’t know this, just assumed. Could have been on a different stage. Same with Aerosmith in fact.

Even if that’s where they were programmed, I wouldn’t say the Mumford secret set has to be pre-headline Sunday and it’s also fair game for Haim.

It is assumed, it just seems the most likely place for them given what we know. There was no obvious Sunday sub from the acts announced and Emily saying that they were going to play suggests they’d have had a decent billing somewhere. We may never get official confirmation on this but my feeling will always be that M&S were the Sunday sub.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Honestly, I think it would've been great! A proper feel good singalong set on a Sunday evening. 

Although personally I think they'd have rocked up in John Peel like The Killers. 

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Probably a smaller stage because they likely had new songs to debut and wouldnt want to have a large pyramid crowd standing there with no reaction.

Would still have been preferable to their 2013 set when the pyramid crowd's reaction was to wander off elsewhere

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Guns N Roses rescheduled their North American Dates

Wonder if they will be doing European dates pre-July?

Not seen them since the reunion, but would very much like to. Won’t be getting my hopes up for a GF headline slot though.

Edited by Hugh Jass

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Probably a smaller stage because they likely had new songs to debut and wouldnt want to have a large pyramid crowd standing there with no reaction.

I mean, they were never gonna play a new material heavy set, were they? Even if new material was there, it would’ve been one or two songs and then all the stuff everybody knows, which wouldn’t at all have been a problem in a prime time ‘secret’ Pyramid slot. 

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I mean, they were never gonna play a new material heavy set, were they? Even if new material was there, it would’ve been one or two songs and then all the stuff everybody knows, which wouldn’t at all have been a problem in a prime time ‘secret’ Pyramid slot. 

Who knows, but i figure they had something ready. If indeed they agreed for the Pyramid then it wouldve been one new song that was a single. Smaller stage its more new ones. 🤷🏻‍♂️

interesting bit from Hayley Williams. Discussed her tour being outright cancelled and is entertaining festival offers. Probably John Peel. 🤔

35 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Who knows, but i figure they had something ready. If indeed they agreed for the Pyramid then it wouldve been one new song that was a single. Smaller stage its more new ones. 🤷🏻‍♂️

interesting bit from Hayley Williams. Discussed her tour being outright cancelled and is entertaining festival offers. Probably John Peel. 🤔

Coachella or Lollapalooza I reckon.

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ars Haim still strongly looking into bringing themselves back, or are they low ratings fake news?

Judging by the leaked UK tour dates they’re pretty much a dead certainty. Looks like they’ve booked it specifically to cater to Glastonbury.

edit: obviously if the dates are legit, which Neil seems to think they roughly are 

Edited by FloorFiller

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Bonnaroo would be in the mix too since she lives in Nashville and they have some history.

Rolling Loud Portugal announced their initial line up. Who wants a stage with just rappers named Lil on it?

What about Lil Lil?

Remember months ago someone posted a rumour here that there was going to be a rather "out of left field" act at Glastonbury?

Just had an idea... could it be RuPaul's drag race? They're touring Europe in June - performing at arenas - and they seem to be free on Glastonbury weekend. Considering Glastonbury is during pride month and it would likely get a lot of attention, don't you think that it could be possible? Pyramid opener one day perhaps

24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Remember months ago someone posted a rumour here that there was going to be a rather "out of left field" act at Glastonbury?

Just had an idea... could it be RuPaul's drag race? They're touring Europe in June - performing at arenas - and they seem to be free on Glastonbury weekend. Considering Glastonbury is during pride month and it would likely get a lot of attention, don't you think that it could be possible? Pyramid opener one day perhaps

Obviously they must have some kind of act together if they’re touring, but... what would they do? Not exactly an avid watcher of the show but are the contestants known to put on big shows/sing songs etc? Would be a pretty hilarious and fun way to open a day at the festival, that’s for sure.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Obviously they must have some kind of act together if they’re touring, but... what would they do? Not exactly an avid watcher of the show but are the contestants known to put on big shows/sing songs etc? Would be a pretty hilarious and fun way to open a day at the festival, that’s for sure.

"Werq the World Tour is known for large-scale shows on stages with Jumbo Tron screens, giving performances a concert-style feel as well as ongoing expansions and modifications after every leg of touring."

So it seems like a pretty big production. I think it's a mix of different performances, but mainly singing and dancing?