Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Those names may pop up eventually, really hoping for Lorde especially, but it’s looking bleak.

Lorde has been making a record hasn't she? She's working with Jack Antonoff again. Got high hopes for that comeback. Melodrama was unreal so I look forward to seeing where she goes from there.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

He was meant to be headlining this year and has UK gigs next summer, so it’s reasonable to assume he’ll be back.

Yeah think you're right.

I'd wanted to go this year to see HAIM and The Chems. Almost certainly crossed off my 2021 list 😂

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think I saw that one of them or their close family members is vulnerable so they won’t be touring extensively till this is over. 

I wonder if this also applies to Swift too. Her mum’s cancer diagnosis was apparently related to her limited tour dates this year. Covid understandably places her more at risk, potentially limiting any trips over the pond. 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think I saw that one of them or their close family members is vulnerable so they won’t be touring extensively till this is over. 

Este is diabetic and you have a higher likelihood of ending up with more complications from covid. So im sure thats going to sideline them for a while. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Haim seem to have a soft spot for the G so if the conditions are more favourable I could see them making an exception for it.

Well, try this theory on for size:

We never did find out who was supporting Taylor with the Lover Fest gigs. I'd wager HAIM were due to be on those shows given they were playing mostly the same festivals as Taylor throughout the summer, their friendship, and they really fit the type of act Taylor would ask to support.

HAIM have rescheduled the Ireland gig the Tuesday after Glastonbury. I find it a bit strange to think that they announced that show before they had cemented their touring plans and rushed in to it. It was clear all the 2020 shows would be cancelled - so why would they decide to reschedule that one separately and not a make a decision on the whole tour? 

What if HAIM are touring with Taylor next year on those rescheduled US dates in May and June, and Taylor, for whatever reason (she has residency in the UK? She's already spending loads of time here so it's not like she's schlepping around to loads of different countries?) is going to do Wembley/some outdoor gig in London + Glastonbury in June, with HAIM as support. Hence why HAIM are not on festival bills in July but still have that Ireland show after Glastonbury on the books.

Y'all can poke all the holes in the theory and I'm aware it's a 0.1% shot, but hey - we need something fun to speculate about outside of Chilli Willies. Given that Taylor spends half her time in the UK, I don't find the notion that she tours the US and a few UK shows next year completely unbelievable. 

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Lorde has been making a record hasn't she? She's working with Jack Antonoff again. Got high hopes for that comeback. Melodrama was unreal so I look forward to seeing where she goes from there.

I think it was all supposed to happen this year wasn't it, but she pushed it back?

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I wonder if this also applies to Swift too. Her mum’s cancer diagnosis was apparently related to her limited tour dates this year. Covid understandably places her more at risk, potentially limiting any trips over the pond. 

I think Taylor going to Europe is just a bigger endeavor than HAIM. One is likely bringing a stadium style production and a large band, the other isnt. More crew and such means higher risk of somebody getting sick. Its just a matter of Taylor  putting aside the Europe dates next year and fulfilling potentially domestic commitments first. Thus the whole thing of everyone thinking she comes back in 2022 and its a do over for europe then. 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think it was all supposed to happen this year wasn't it, but she pushed it back?

Believe so. She took a break when the pooch passed away but sent an update earlier in lockdown to say she was working again. I can't imagine she will rush anything though 

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Is Reworked a band or are Snow Patrol trying something new? 

Latitude often have a "special" set for Sunday afternoon - something a bit different. So I think it'll be Snow Patrol reworking their back catalogue in some way.

Levellers have issued their rescheduled dates for 2021:

Due to the ongoing restrictions we have rescheduled most of our 2020 dates to 2021. All tickets remain valid for the new dates.

NEW 2021 DATES
Thu 17 Jun Holmfirth Picturedrome (was 19 Sep 2020)
Fri 18 Jun Holmfirth Picturedrome (was 20 Sep 2020)
Thu 24 Jun Frome Cheese & Grain (was 28 Sep 2020)
Fri 25 Jun Sheffield Leadmill (was 26 Sep 2020)
Fri 27 Aug Aylesbury Waterside (was 04 Sep 2020)
Thu 25 Nov Lancaster Town Hall (was 03 Dec 2020)
Wed 08 Dec Margate Dreamland (was 03 Sep 2020)
Thu 09 Dec Guildford G Live (was 21 Sep 2020)
Sat 11 Dec York Barbican (was 04 Nov 2020)
Tue 14 Dec Norwich UEA (was 27 Sep 2020)
Wed 15 Dec Southampton Guildhall (was 25 Sep 2020)
Fri 17 Dec Nottingham Rock City (was 04 Dec 2020)
Sat 18 Dec Nottingham Rock City (was 05 Dec 2020)

bolded gig is the same weekend as the festival ...

EDIT: I fail at reading comprehension :D I doubt they are playing thurs locally , then darting up to sheffield only to pop back for the saturday, but who know, a maybe perhaps ?

Edited by paulshane

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

Is Reworked a band or are Snow Patrol trying something new? 

Its not really something new per say. They released different versions of Their big songs from their catalog and will be performing them that way. String section and such. The last tour they did was all that and in small theaters. Just go look up their most recent releases. Ties into the band being a band for 25 years. 

Edited by Suprefan

34 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Its not really something new per say. They released different versions of Their big songs from their catalog and will be performing them that way. String section and such. The last tour they did was all that and in small theaters. Just go look up their most recent releases. Ties into the band being a band for 25 years. 

Sounds like a ruse to get me to listen to Snow Patrol