Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I dunno what has happened with Liam but he’s gone from hating the festival to absolutely loving it in a short space of time. Seems like it’s hard to keep him away from the place. I think the festival might file him in the Coldplay, Mumford, etc cabinet under - “will happily play no matter what”.

If things get hairy and they call Liam he will say yes. He will see it as a LEGENDARY booking.

Reckon he could headline if they were desperate? (Not to say they are desperate, nor am I talking specifically about this year) 

Edited by kemosabe

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah I agree, was thinking more it should make IDLES a lock.

I’m not sure a Bristol band playing Ireland around the time of Glastonbury changes anything. They were going to be around anyway, but if they’re exclusive somewhere else then they probably won’t be at Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

My hunch is no :S

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking 😔

But at least I can temper my expectations for Glastonbury. I must admit I am starting to get a tad concerned about the number of acts that seemingly aren't carrying over.

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking 😔

But at least I can temper my expectations for Glastonbury. I must admit I am starting to get a tad concerned about the number of acts that seemingly aren't carrying over.

Well, losing Taylor, Lana and HAIM would be a massive shame. Trying to focus on how incredible Glastonbury 2021 will be even if it's just Michael doing karaoke all three nights and not focus on the acts we have lost!

48 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Reckon he could headline if they were desperate? (Not to say they are desperate, nor am I talking specifically about this year) 

In principle yes, he’s got enough Oasis stuff in his locker to pad out the set to two hours if necessary.

I’m not sure he’d be the first name they’d call in a pinch though.

Re Liam he is a very easy option if the festival is stuck. Kinda nothing stopping it happening either. Just depends if they want to do it.

I still think he’d be happy to sub to headline other stage though. They’ve got a bit of a special relationship with him. It reminds me a bit of the Chems. They have everything in their right to say that they are bigger than other stage headliners, but they probably do it out of love for the festival.

Edited by Matt42

25 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yup, his recent rise in popularity coupled with him seemingly being on great terms with the festival would suggest to me he's on the long list. 

I’m convinced that Glastonbury being kind to both the Gallaghers is to ensure that they are front of the queue when Oasis do reunite. I think an Oasis reunion tour with stadiums + Glastonbury could happen (when they make up) and Glastonbury want to be on that tour when it happens.

53 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m convinced that Glastonbury being kind to both the Gallaghers is to ensure that they are front of the queue when Oasis do reunite. I think an Oasis reunion tour with stadiums + Glastonbury could happen (when they make up) and Glastonbury want to be on that tour when it happens.

Given Liam's recent set of appearances and Noel set to appear in 2020, I feel very confident Glastonbury will get them when they do reunite. As you said, run of shows at the Etihad and Wembley and a headline slot at Glastonbury seem fairly obvious. The money thing always gets thrown around, but I'm sure they would still do Glastonbury in and around some very high paying sell outs at stadiums. They both clearly love the festival.

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Given Liam's recent set of appearances and Noel set to appear in 2020, I feel very confident Glastonbury will get them when they do reunite. As you said, run of shows at the Etihad and Wembley and a headline slot at Glastonbury seem fairly obvious. The money thing always gets thrown around, but I'm sure they would still do Glastonbury in and around some very high paying sell outs at stadiums. They both clearly love the festival.

Right. Oasis will be able to play literally anywhere they want when/ if they’re back. Money wouldn’t be a issue, headlining Glastonbury is as much a status thing (especially for British bands) as anything. 

26 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah I am not convinced with the money argument as if they were to do a reunion tour I imagine it would go far and wide. I could see them doing stadiums plus Glastonbury plus a big gig for the BBC.

Oasis reuniting and Glastonbury getting them as some sort of exclusive - no chance.

Oasis reuniting and Glastonbury being a date on a long extensive stadium tour... highly likely.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Aye, doing what the Stone Roses should've did. 

Just now, incident said:

We're talking Oasis now?

Give it up, it's not happening. At least not while both brothers are bringing in enough money from their own endeavours - which means not in the next few years.

Don’t think anyone suggested it would happen soon, it was just a hypothetical discussion. We were initially talking about Liam potentially being a fallback headliner next summer.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Don’t think anyone suggested it would happen soon, it was just a hypothetical discussion. We were initially talking about Liam potentially being a fallback headliner next summer.

To be fair, the name of this thread is literally "Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021"..