Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

If Billie dropped out I doubt its money, its Availability. She has a sold out world tour sitting in her lap, and almost anyone that has a ticket to her shows havent requested a refund. How many artists are in a position to demand MORE money when nobody even has it to even do so? Only ones are rare performing acts or reunions, other than that nobody is able to ask for more. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gateshead! I knew it was them! Even when it was the coronavirus I knew it was them! 

Convincing my mum and dad to see LCD at the end of a very trudge-y weekend was next level special. My da (in his 60s) was peripherally into the band but I'd had to briefed my mum that day on what

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

If Billie dropped out I doubt its money, its Availability. She has a sold out world tour sitting in her lap, and almost anyone that has a ticket to her shows havent requested a refund. How many artists are in a position to demand MORE money when nobody even has it to even do so? Only ones are rare performing acts or reunions, other than that nobody is able to ask for more. 

It was more if she would want more money than what the festivals are offering, and she does her own shows instead, but yeah I think you're right.

Over on the international forums, someone posted a tweet re: Billie which suggested she would announce her 2021 dates in one go later in the year. So it looks like she will be back, and we're looking at losing Taylor or Kendrick.

Just now, Kalopsia said:

I do wonder if you could lose both until 2022? 

That could well be the case, unfortunately.

What do we think the Glastonbury announcement calendar will look like?

Obviously much more will be sorted out sooner, so they could be announced sooner. Or will they stick to a similar timeline as normal.

Honestly not sure myself. Part of me think they have to announce headliners at the same time because the speculation if they announced, say, Paul but not Kenny/Taylor would be crazy.

I do think it's a prime year for posters from specific areas if they wished though.

Just now, jparx said:

That could well be the case, unfortunately.

It’s a really bleak prospect but one I'm currently leaning towards. With Kendrick I wonder if the difficulty is that he has a huge stadium tour planned with his album release and wants to move his festival shows and keep the stadium gigs. 

On 7/6/2020 at 3:48 PM, FloorFiller said:

Royal Blood really haven’t made any waves since their last appearance so I’d be surprised to see them jump up to sub - think they’re pretty much at their level now. 

Do remember Neil’s info on them but I’d assume they were either further down the lineup or even a secret slot somewhere if they were playing at all. 

Yeh, sadly their second album didn't live up to the first one did it. :( 

Just now, zeppelin said:

Obviously much more will be sorted out sooner, so they could be announced sooner. Or will they stick to a similar timeline as normal.

Honestly not sure myself. Part of me think they have to announce headliners at the same time because the speculation if they announced, say, Paul but not Kenny/Taylor would be crazy.

I do think it's a prime year for posters from specific areas if they wished though.

I really like the idea of posters from specific areas, especially the main 5 stages as we know what they were supposed to look like. I'm thinking we may get Paul McCartney and Diana Ross announced around September/October. I'd really like to have an earlier announcement for the main stages as it gives me something to look forward too instead of thinking who might not be there that was scheduled to be there this year. 

20 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

In the 50th book Emily Eavis says they only like to make announcements after the tickets have sold out so the people attending are there for the love of the festival rather than to see a specific band, granted this wouldn't work for every festival but I could see them doing something early October again like when they announced Diana Ross 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

In the 50th book Emily Eavis says they only like to make announcements after the tickets have sold out so the people attending are there for the love of the festival rather than to see a specific band, granted this wouldn't work for every festival but I could see them doing something early October again like when they announced Diana Ross 

I totally appreciate that sentiment from Emily, the key difference this year though is the majority tickets are already sold out, and over the next month or two we will have a very clear idea of who is playing 2021 based on other announcements. Say Kendrick is announced for European festivals, he will obviously be doing Glastonbury as well. They could always wait until October still, but I think they may just drop some names, even just Diana Ross, because it's so obvious and it won't influence the ticket sales anymore than with the normal resale.

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

Sigrid confirmed in Mad Cool a bit higher. Early pyramid 2021? 

Count me in. I could see her 3rd/4th down on the Pyramid for sure.  Great set in 2019.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I totally appreciate that sentiment from Emily, the key difference this year though is the majority tickets are already sold out, and over the next month or two we will have a very clear idea of who is playing 2021 based on other announcements. Say Kendrick is announced for European festivals, he will obviously be doing Glastonbury as well. They could always wait until October still, but I think they may just drop some names, even just Diana Ross, because it's so obvious and it won't influence the ticket sales anymore than with the normal resale.

Yeah I entirely agree, or maybe just say 'we have some returning acts and some new ones to announce' or something along those lines in the autumn and give people something to look forward to but the pessimist in me says they would have made an announcement over the 50th weekend if they were going to 

Or they could be waiting because they dont want the names out there longer than they have to be. And theres false hope because things dont get better by spring and they had to pull the plug. And all the surrounding festivals announcing line ups around glasto has never deterred them either since its a smidge of what gets presented over the weekend. Just the eye catching names and such. 

19 hours ago, jparx said:

Count me in. I could see her 3rd/4th down on the Pyramid for sure.  Great set in 2019.

Needs to happen. 

My wife hasn’t forgiven me for dragging her to Liam instead. 

I owe her one. 

And by “one”, I mean 60 minutes of pure pop bangers. 

46 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Needs to happen. 

My wife hasn’t forgiven me for dragging her to Liam instead. 

I owe her one. 

And by “one”, I mean 60 minutes of pure pop bangers. 

I'm not one to judge, everyone does their own festival, there's no right or wrong etc etc

But

Bloody hell dude. Whoopsie right there ;)

On 7/7/2020 at 11:20 PM, Mattymooz said:

Yeah, but of all electronic acts I think Jamie XX would be fine, he's a lot more chill so would fit fine during the daytime like Maribou State did last year (though I've never seen him live, so I guess this is more of me just talking out my ass...)

His set on the Park in 2015 was brilliant, sun went down while he was playing was just proper lush. One of my favourite ever sets. 

On 7/8/2020 at 9:20 AM, jparx said:

Taylor, Billie or Kendrick are out by the looks.

Let's hope Billie is focusing a new record, or demanding a higher fee now so she's out of these festivals.

Gonna be some comeback.

e9b09234dfcb418f452dbde20e11b418.jpg

Thom playing The Hydro is wild. I don’t think he’d even sold out the previous venue which was 6000 and now he’s moving up to 13000. The layout of The Hydro makes it quite easy to cover up the empty seats and it’s a better venue so I’m all for it but I feel like it’ll be quite spacious. I’m glad he’s rescheduled it though as it helps out with the inevitable headliner clashes one night.

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Thom playing The Hydro is wild. I don’t think he’d even sold out the previous venue which was 6000 and now he’s moving up to 13000. The layout of The Hydro makes it quite easy to cover up the empty seats and it’s a better venue so I’m all for it but I feel like it’ll be quite spacious. I’m glad he’s rescheduled it though as it helps out with the inevitable headliner clashes one night.

Thom did the same thing for his u.s tour. He booked some larger spaces and they just covered up the upper level seats. Maybe they couldnt re book the same venue for that date and had to move it.