Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

On 7/6/2020 at 3:06 PM, Matt42 said:

He was headlining places like Lovebox wasn’t he? Or at least playing big?

Fatboy Slim is headlining the other stage this year. If they want a dance act I can imagine Jamie XX fitting the bill obviously.

He is one of those acts that could play in various spots depending on how nice the festival wants to be. The reason wuhy I think an other headline slot might be likely is because the last run of festivals he played he was going for headline slots. I think festival bookers are willing to take a chance on him in a gigantic slot.

If he has new material too which is intended to rival loud places etc- I reckon it’s definitely likely he could come back in a big way.

The problem with subbing Other stage is he would be a dance/ DJ act playing in daylight/ start of sunset. It's not ideal. 

Headlining at dark somewhere smaller makes more sense for lights and visuals. Park/ glade 

Edited by danbailey80

4 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

The problem with subbing Other stage is he would be a dance/ DJ act playing in daylight/ start of sunset. It's not ideal. 

Headlining at dark somewhere smaller makes more sense for lights and visuals. Park/ glade 

Yeah, but of all electronic acts I think Jamie XX would be fine, he's a lot more chill so would fit fine during the daytime like Maribou State did last year (though I've never seen him live, so I guess this is more of me just talking out my ass...)

NOS Alive have announced their first acts for next year. Good to see Angel Olsen announced for some European festivals, I really hope she’s back for Glastonbury next year. Obviously acts won’t necessarily transfer over to the same days next year but they’ve also announced Red Hot Chili Peppers as their Thursday headliner, which was Taylor Swift’s day this year.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

NOS Alive have announced their first acts for next year. Good to see Angel Olsen announced for some European festivals, I really hope she’s back for Glastonbury next year. Obviously acts won’t necessarily transfer over to the same days next year but they’ve also announced Red Hot Chili Peppers as their Thursday headliner, which was Taylor Swift’s day this year.

Were RHCP booked for this year or are they a new addition in place of one of 2020’s headliners?

edit: just looked - a new edition. Shit.

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Were RHCP booked for this year or are they a new addition in place of one of 2020’s headliners?

New addition, the 2020 headliners were Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish and The Strokes. We know The Strokes are around next year so presumably one of the other three has dropped out.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

edit: just looked - a new edition. Shit.

Taylor, Billie or Kendrick are out by the looks.

Let's hope Billie is focusing a new record, or demanding a higher fee now so she's out of these festivals.

Just now, jparx said:

Taylor, Billie or Kendrick are out by the looks.

Let's hope Billie is focusing a new record, or demanding a higher fee now so she's out of these festivals.

Aye fingers crossed for Billie but that’s put the chili willies up me alright. This is even more stressful than a normal year of finding out our headliners as now we know what’s at stake 😄

Aye I'm feeling pretty resigned to Taylor being out. Still all to play for, but just a hunch based on how hyped I was to see her.

Still can't imagine Glastonbury have booked RHCP mind you. They could well have, but if they're talking about acts booked for 2021 etc., I don't see RHCP being in the frame.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye I'm feeling pretty resigned to Taylor being out. Still all to play for, but just a hunch based on how hyped I was to see her.

Still can't imagine Glastonbury have booked RHCP mind you. They could well have, but if they're talking about acts booked for 2021 etc., I don't see RHCP being in the frame.

Me neither! I personally think in my weird little world it was looking like this for 2021

The 1975, Gaga, Arctics

Now I think Macca has signed up The 1975 will drop out and Taylor has agreed to 2022. 

2022 I'd hazard a guess at Kendrick, (no idea probably Coldplay) and Taylor 

If Billie dropped out I doubt its money, its Availability. She has a sold out world tour sitting in her lap, and almost anyone that has a ticket to her shows havent requested a refund. How many artists are in a position to demand MORE money when nobody even has it to even do so? Only ones are rare performing acts or reunions, other than that nobody is able to ask for more. 

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

If Billie dropped out I doubt its money, its Availability. She has a sold out world tour sitting in her lap, and almost anyone that has a ticket to her shows havent requested a refund. How many artists are in a position to demand MORE money when nobody even has it to even do so? Only ones are rare performing acts or reunions, other than that nobody is able to ask for more. 

It was more if she would want more money than what the festivals are offering, and she does her own shows instead, but yeah I think you're right.

Over on the international forums, someone posted a tweet re: Billie which suggested she would announce her 2021 dates in one go later in the year. So it looks like she will be back, and we're looking at losing Taylor or Kendrick.

What do we think the Glastonbury announcement calendar will look like?

Obviously much more will be sorted out sooner, so they could be announced sooner. Or will they stick to a similar timeline as normal.

Honestly not sure myself. Part of me think they have to announce headliners at the same time because the speculation if they announced, say, Paul but not Kenny/Taylor would be crazy.

I do think it's a prime year for posters from specific areas if they wished though.

Just now, jparx said:

That could well be the case, unfortunately.

It’s a really bleak prospect but one I'm currently leaning towards. With Kendrick I wonder if the difficulty is that he has a huge stadium tour planned with his album release and wants to move his festival shows and keep the stadium gigs. 

On 7/6/2020 at 3:48 PM, FloorFiller said:

Royal Blood really haven’t made any waves since their last appearance so I’d be surprised to see them jump up to sub - think they’re pretty much at their level now. 

Do remember Neil’s info on them but I’d assume they were either further down the lineup or even a secret slot somewhere if they were playing at all. 

Yeh, sadly their second album didn't live up to the first one did it. :( 

Just now, zeppelin said:

Obviously much more will be sorted out sooner, so they could be announced sooner. Or will they stick to a similar timeline as normal.

Honestly not sure myself. Part of me think they have to announce headliners at the same time because the speculation if they announced, say, Paul but not Kenny/Taylor would be crazy.

I do think it's a prime year for posters from specific areas if they wished though.

I really like the idea of posters from specific areas, especially the main 5 stages as we know what they were supposed to look like. I'm thinking we may get Paul McCartney and Diana Ross announced around September/October. I'd really like to have an earlier announcement for the main stages as it gives me something to look forward too instead of thinking who might not be there that was scheduled to be there this year. 

20 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

In the 50th book Emily Eavis says they only like to make announcements after the tickets have sold out so the people attending are there for the love of the festival rather than to see a specific band, granted this wouldn't work for every festival but I could see them doing something early October again like when they announced Diana Ross 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

In the 50th book Emily Eavis says they only like to make announcements after the tickets have sold out so the people attending are there for the love of the festival rather than to see a specific band, granted this wouldn't work for every festival but I could see them doing something early October again like when they announced Diana Ross 

I totally appreciate that sentiment from Emily, the key difference this year though is the majority tickets are already sold out, and over the next month or two we will have a very clear idea of who is playing 2021 based on other announcements. Say Kendrick is announced for European festivals, he will obviously be doing Glastonbury as well. They could always wait until October still, but I think they may just drop some names, even just Diana Ross, because it's so obvious and it won't influence the ticket sales anymore than with the normal resale.