Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

Also Ken is saying they’re looking to add an extra day for next year. Very interested to see who else they have that would justify the extra day. They must have something quite big up their sleeve to be confident of selling out another day?

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So does that mean that Kendrick's likely not there, and so therefore likely not anywhere next summer?

Not sure it quite means anything yet. Still too early in the day. Seems clear he hasn’t signed up yet and he may not do so for a number of months yet, but from what they’ve announced so far there’s still plenty of room for headliners, particularly if they add an extra day.

Assuming Kendrick has pushed back his album plans and still plans to release it in the next year it’d be pretty weird for him to not do any festivals if that was his original plan for 2020, so that’s what I’m holding on to. Hopefully it’s just a case of dotted lines needing to be signed etc.

The RW extra day is promising as I assume that means they’ve now got an influx of headliners rather than losing (m)any.

Just now, adequate8 said:

Sorry but struggling to find it, what’s the info on ruling Twenty One Pilots out?

Pretty sure they were all booked up for the 2020 dates/not on the lineup so unlikely they’d now be booked for the 2021 edition as I imagine they’ll just more or less reschedule their 2020 dates.

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

I hope Royal Blood it's in for Glasto 2021. Weird after the rumours we had for 2020 they didn't appear in the line up (at least the first names). 

They also weren’t initially announced for RW but Ken said they were playing it.  So maybe just a late addition.  The missing sub?! 

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Not that big is he? I'd have thought he'd more likely to sub the other or headline west holts

He was headlining places like Lovebox wasn’t he? Or at least playing big?

Fatboy Slim is headlining the other stage this year. If they want a dance act I can imagine Jamie XX fitting the bill obviously.

He is one of those acts that could play in various spots depending on how nice the festival wants to be. The reason why I think an other headline slot might be likely is because the last run of festivals he played he was going for headline slots. I think festival bookers are willing to take a chance on him in a gigantic slot.

If he has new material too which is intended to rival loud places etc- I reckon it’s definitely likely he could come back in a big way.

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Assuming Kendrick has pushed back his album plans and still plans to release it in the next year it’d be pretty weird for him to not do any festivals if that was his original plan for 2020, so that’s what I’m holding on to. Hopefully it’s just a case of dotted lines needing to be signed etc.

The RW extra day is promising as I assume that means they’ve now got an influx of headliners rather than losing (m)any.

This is my hope with Kendrick too - that he’s waiting for his album to be ready before he commits to any touring plans.

Royal Blood really haven’t made any waves since their last appearance so I’d be surprised to see them jump up to sub - think they’re pretty much at their level now. 

Do remember Neil’s info on them but I’d assume they were either further down the lineup or even a secret slot somewhere if they were playing at all. 

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He was headlining places like Lovebox wasn’t he? Or at least playing big?

Fatboy Slim is headlining the other stage this year. If they want a dance act I can imagine Jamie XX fitting the bill obviously.

He is one of those acts that could play in various spots depending on how nice the festival wants to be. The reason why I think an other headline slot might be likely is because the last run of festivals he played he was going for headline slots. I think festival bookers are willing to take a chance on him in a gigantic slot.

If he has new material too which is intended to rival loud places etc- I reckon it’s definitely likely he could come back in a big way.

He just seems way too small imo, he doesn't have the hits compared to Disclosure/Fatboy Slim. He seems smaller than Mark Ronson was back in 2015 when he subbed T'Other too.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Royal Blood really haven’t made any waves since their last appearance so I’d be surprised to see them jump up to sub - think they’re pretty much at their level now. 

Do remember Neil’s info on them but I’d assume they were either further down the lineup or even a secret slot somewhere if they were playing at all. 

Yeah I was expecting them as a secret set somewhere, they’d probably go down really well as a secret set in the John Peel tent.

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

He just seems way too small imo, he doesn't have the hits compared to Disclosure/Fatboy Slim. He seems smaller than Mark Ronson was back in 2015 when he subbed T'Other too.

Maybe. I do think as well sometimes it’s hard to judge whether an act like him would work. To me he’s an artist which could either go one or two ways with his new material.

He continues the Loud Places - slightly mainstream approach, releases a few hit singles and then definitely becomes big enough to pull off a gigantic slot. Or, he goes down the authentic dance route and he can probably be slotted anywhere.

The entire pyramid field was bellowing loud places. That isn’t the XX’s song, it’s his. I think his next album could go various ways, but it wouldn’t shock me if he became a bigger act on lineups. Some smaller festivals have already taken a leap and booked him in headline positions.

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Headlining mid sized festivals these days.  I agree it’s a jump but it wouldn’t be the most shocking placement I’ve seen