Blossoms - Supporting The Killers

Manic Street Preachers - Supporting The Killers

AJ Tracey - TRSMT

Beabadoobee - TRSMT

Georgia - TRSMT

Declan McKenna - TRSMT

Pet Shop Boys - Own tour dates 

Fat Boy Slim - Hi Tide Festival

Sure there’s more floating around that we’re originally playing this year and our playing near Glastonbury 2021

Edited by sisco

On 5/14/2020 at 2:38 PM, Matt42 said:

Gerry Cinnamon is such a weird case. Absolutely massive in Scotland but not a big deal at all in England. He gets big slots in England because his sales in Scotland are crazy.

Did you miss his UK arena tour or something? He's certainly big elsewhere other than Scotland lmao

Edited by Mouseboy11

9 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Noticed Deacon Blue touring June 21. We're they originally rumoured this year?

Nope.

To be honest they're one of those acts that are around every year, but rarely play. Though it's been a while since the last time so some time soon could be possible.

22 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Thom Yorke (and others) confirmed for Pahoda Festival early July so we can assume he’ll be back for me to miss again. 

https://www.pohodafestival.sk/en/news/thom-yorke-tomorrow-s-modern-boxes-glass-animals-jenny-hval-and-liraz-at-pohoda-2021-pohoda-in-the-air-news

Great news. Softens the (potential) Kendrick blow.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You’d assume that’s because they’re used to getting a large fee for delivering two hours of frat rock, and Glastonbury is a low-paying festival. Same with so many other huge rock bands.

Except for when they offered to play for free and the Eavii declined.

They literally couldn’t “Give It Away”.

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

One of the biggest bands the/any festival could book.

I can’t think of many songs which have at least 10+ songs which are bigger than the band itself.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

And yet they haven’t. 

Because of beef with the festival. It’s nothing to do with their “relevancy”. Weird connection but since Glastonbury has given the Foos a chance and the Killers another chance I could see them looking at RHCP. Especially with Josh back. They have that Friday night headline slot written all over them.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Except for when they offered to play for free and the Eavii declined.

They literally couldn’t “Give It Away”.

Because the festival already had its headliners.This is from the source of that news:.

Based on a recent conversation eFestivals had with Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis, this decision isn't likely to be a snub to RHCP, but simply an issue of being unable to schedule such a big band into the line-up when all the top slots had already been filled. Michael Eavis has previously revealed that Justin Timberlake had to be turned away for this reason.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/07/070123a.shtml

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I can’t think of many songs which have at least 10+ songs which are bigger than the band itself.

Because of beef with the festival. It’s nothing to do with their “relevancy”. Weird connection but since Glastonbury has given the Foos a chance and the Killers another chance I could see them looking at RHCP. Especially with Josh back. They have that Friday night headline slot written all over them.

With so many potential options available next year there is no way on God’s earth that rabble are getting anywhere near the Pyramid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Because the festival already had its headliners.This is from the source of that news:.

Based on a recent conversation eFestivals had with Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis, this decision isn't likely to be a snub to RHCP, but simply an issue of being unable to schedule such a big band into the line-up when all the top slots had already been filled. Michael Eavis has previously revealed that Justin Timberlake had to be turned away for this reason.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/07/070123a.shtml

That doesn’t fit the joke though.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I literally can't think of any RHCP songs. I think there's one called Californication but can't remember how it goes. Really I don't think they've been relevant in a long time.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

That doesn’t fit the joke though.

I am very supportive of jokes at the Chilis expense but pretending that they’re a no-mark band who couldn’t get a gig at their sales peak and wouldn’t now isn’t really funny and is just delusional. I prefer the jokes about them being stupid pricks and Kiedis singing about his big boner.

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I literally can't think of any RHCP songs. I think there's one called Californication but can't remember how it goes. Really I don't think they've been relevant in a long time.

You’re a liar or an alien from Area 51 messin’ about on the WiFi.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

With so many potential options available next year there is no way on God’s earth that rabble are getting anywhere near the Pyramid.

No I don’t think next year I’m just saying they are a big deal. It wouldn’t be that bizarre for Glasto to book them.

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

As an alien you are doing a really poor job of integrating into society. Back to the drawing board.

• Upvote 1

Have seen Red Hot Chili Peppers three times (06, 12, 16). Not once have I not witnessed them being a total snoozefest.

Jams that last for minutes, atrocious singing, weird pacing... Missing Tame Impala for being let down by these guys again (at Rock Werchter 2016) was the biggest mistake I've made at a festival. It had to come down to Editors (!), who played after RHCP, to shake up the crowd a bit.

Edited by lighthouse

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I am very supportive of jokes at the Chilis expense but pretending that they’re a no-mark band who couldn’t get a gig at their sales peak and wouldn’t now isn’t really funny and is just delusional. I prefer the jokes about them being stupid pricks and Kiedis singing about his big boner.

Scar Tissue, Otherside, By The Way, Can’t Stop, Dani California, Snow, Californication, Under the Bridge, Give it Away, Tell Me Baby, Suck My Kiss  are setting the place on fire, getting lighters in there no matter where it is and what grumpy efestivalers say it’s shit. They have some absolute weapons in their set which are highly well known by the Geee peee