Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I tried and tried and tried to get into them. To be fair I don't mind them now. The hype about them is just an efests thing I think. There are far better electro pop bands.

The hype around them is not a hype. And it's not an Efests thing at all too. LCD, while not being mainstream hit affair (you wanted a hit!), a very well regarded band critically. Their output is excellent and their live shows are even better.

Have you seen them live? Because no Youtube video can do it justice. 

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Hmm, I dunno man. I didn't much care for them til I went along to that set - it really was quite something!

I like Get Innocuous and Oh Baby, the rest I can take or leave. Strange really as I love lots of the stuff on DFA (Holy Ghost and Juan Maclean especially). 

I would be driving about and trying to get into them, but would just be thinking that I would rather be listening to Hot Chip.

They're a decent band with some decent tunes, but they are super hyped up on this forum.

5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The hype around them is not a hype. And it's not an Efests thing at all too. LCD, while not being mainstream hit affair (you wanted a hit!), a very well regarded band critically. Their output is excellent and their live shows are even better.

Have you seen them live? Because no Youtube video can do it justice. 

Never seen them live. 

Believe me mate, I have given them a real good go. As most posters on here who know me will confirm, electro pop is my thing. For some reason LCD have never pushed my buttons. Can't quite put my finger on it but I find them a bit dull.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but Black Uhuru are playing the Cheese n Grain in Frome on 26th June. Could that mean we will see them on the farm?

They were booked this year so I assume they will have been offered next year too...

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't think they headlined the last time they played the Other Stage a few years back.

Just being there is fine with me. Last time I saw them was the Surfer Rosa / Come On Pilgrim live shows at the around house 2(?) years ago and they were as good as ever. Missed Kim but Paz is a really great replacement. 

You are probably right that they’re not big enough to headline and probably never have been, but I always overlook that as they’re one of my all timers. 

Edited by blutarsky

27 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Just being there is fine with me. Last time I saw them was the Surfer Rosa / Come On Pilgrim live shows at the around house 2(?) years ago and they were as good as ever. Missed Kim but Paz is a really great replacement. 

You are probably right that they’re not big enough to headline and probably never have been, but I always overlook that as they’re one of my all timers. 

They did sub it to be fair and if they'd headlined they'd have clashed Metallica so it worked out fine. Dashed over after Jack White but had tried to match his drinking so alas do not remember Pixies set very well. 

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

They did sub it to be fair and if they'd headlined they'd have clashed Metallica so it worked out fine. Dashed over after Jack White but had tried to match his drinking so alas do not remember Pixies set very well. 

I didn't bother trying to make the mad dash in the end as wanted to see Metallica. Thought I'd see Pixies with PJ but ended up going on the Idles day. 

5 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I didn't bother trying to make the mad dash in the end as wanted to see Metallica. Thought I'd see Pixies with PJ but ended up going on the Idles day. 

I banked on Metallica having a relatively small crowd so being able to get in there easily and it paid off although I did miss the very start. My favourite day of music at Glastonbury.