Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'd say Haelos & Boy Azooga at least. 

Without going any further than recent tours then Girl Band are considerably bigger than BA. I've never heard of Haelos but that's probably a blind spot on my part.

I saw Girl Band sell out academy 2 in Manchester (1.5k) so they just seem a touch too big for me. I'd put them level with Fat White Family I guess. Am I that far off?

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Without going any further than recent tours then Girl Band are considerably bigger than BA. I've never heard of Haelos but that's probably a blind spot on my part.

I saw Girl Band sell out academy 2 in Manchester (1.5k) so they just seem a touch too big for me. I'd put them level with Fat White Family I guess. Am I that far off?

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Also that's 2 so you were already wrong ahah

Haha I'm definitely wrong, and have had a few drinks. It's probably more that I've genuinely never heard of Girl Band and kinda wanted to say something to get a bite. 

But yeah, having done some research (I googled them), much bigger than Haelos. Not convinced they're beyond WG though cos those bookers get some bangers! 

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Haha I'm definitely wrong, and have had a few drinks. It's probably more that I've genuinely never heard of Girl Band and kinda wanted to say something to get a bite. 

But yeah, having done some research (I googled them), much bigger than Haelos. Not convinced they're beyond WG though cos those bookers get some bangers! 

I get it and love wills green but I honestly don't even think they'd want anyone that's been this long, Girl Band have done the rounds (but also had a massive break). If they could offer a proper headline slot maybe (and I'd be there in a beat) but they finish around 9.

I don't like to use the word literally too much bit this sound is literally too big for that tent, it would fulfill the prophecy and turn 2021 into an indoor venueless festival

(My flatmates are asleep and I'm on the big TV so couldn't find their most bone shattering clip, this'll do though)

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Careful with them drinks on efests as well you never know who or what will bite where or how...

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

Spot on - fucking amazing at end of the road festival last year!

I ended up seeing them 4 times in 4 months and was a bit overdosed with them but came across that again, they've got summit about them for sure. There's more than 6 of them so must have been hard to practice the last few months!

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Name one.

Sundara Karma, King Gizz, Shame, Palma Violets, The Vaccines, Rat Boy, Frightened Rabbit, Everything Everything, Courtney Barnett.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Don't think they're as big as Fat Whites, no. Also 1.5k for Academy 2 doesn't seem right. The actual Manchester Academy is about 2k and that feels much, much bigger.

RE: BCNR, I think they were scheduled to play WG this year so hopefully that's a rollover

11 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Fuck knows, after seeing the set a few times though a couple of the extended jams could do with being turned into real life songs though ahah. Gimme Squid's album first!

End of the road festival are doing a live streaming event on Sunday night, headlined by Squid, in case you weren't aware?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sundara Karma, King Gizz, Shame, Palma Violets, The Vaccines, Rat Boy, Frightened Rabbit, Everything Everything, Courtney Barnett.

That's more than one. You can't use secret sets either that's cheating as Girl Band aren't big enough for that. Most of those were on the rise when they did it legit as well Girl Bands not really comparable. King Fizz the biggest exception there who did the JP set later that weekend I was thinking of for Girl Band. Really makes you wonder about a GB crows nest show 😍

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Don't think they're as big as Fat Whites, no. Also 1.5k for Academy 2 doesn't seem right. The actual Manchester Academy is about 2k and that feels much, much bigger.

Yeah I was well off with the academies. Maybe not as big as Fat Whites (who's reputation precedes them let's be honest) but still have been around to build a cult following in that sort of sense. Maybe a Moonlandingz style early park set? I'm gonna be too hungover to hack it either way let's be fair.

I'm not 100% sure they won't to be fair and I'd welcome it I'd just be surprised. Although that said I'd be surprised if they were booked at all. Too many fucking pedals to drag to the countryside.

2 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

End of the road festival are doing a live streaming event on Sunday night, headlined by Squid, in case you weren't aware?

I was not, thanks. Got tickets to them that are rescheduled from September which are from March (a week too late grr). Imagine they'll just bin it off and make us go to the Albert hall gig which is a shame coz any White hall gig loss is a big one.

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Nile and Chic confirmed for Pirce Hall in Halifax weekend before G

Surely not again. These lot are becoming a bit of a houseband.

Considering how big of a crowd they got last time - I’m worried they could become a lazy sub option in the future..

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Surely not again. These lot are becoming a bit of a houseband.

Bit of an exaggeration there, they've played the festival exactly twice, 3 and 7 years ago.

Plenty big acts have played more without that criticism - Tame Impala being a good recent example.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They were already gonna be over here this summer anyway; I recall they were supporting Duran Duran at their BST show. So it's not like they're a lock

ah ok didn’t realise.

22 minutes ago, incident said:

Bit of an exaggeration there, they've played the festival exactly twice, 3 and 7 years ago.

Plenty big acts have played more without that criticism - Tame Impala being a good recent example.

I mean yeah they last played in 2017 which was only two festivals ago. As far as I can see they played the same set list in 2013 and 2017. I imagine they’d play the same set list if they came back again.

There’s nothing wrong with being a houseband but I do feel like the novelty of the booking will start to wear off if they come back every few years.