Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So where would this place Biffy on Sat/Sun at Glastonbury?

The Other headliners for those nights were already set in stone, unless they are planning to move one of them.

Macca sub? Sunday sub?

Sunday sub imo, I reckon they might have been this year's Sunday sub anyway. Can't wait for the reaction when we have a Sunday night of Biffy into Red Hot Chili Peppers. 

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Full dates for anyone looking at going to any. So we think John Peel headliner or 2nd to last on Other? 

F986675D-B31B-4088-93FD-5E2D22D4FD18.jpeg

I think they'll be 3rd down Other or sub JP....JP headliner seems to be bigger recently 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

68C623FB-6683-4D2D-932C-120190DAB019.jpeg

Damn, London and Birmingham dates I both dislike. The 02 Institute is a poor venue for me too but I reckon they sre lined up to play Friday Glastonbury anyway.

56 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Definitely get the feeling the HAIM and Biffy are two of the three subs now. 

I more inclined to think Sunday sub and they would slot in nicely before Arctic Monkeys. Either that or Sunday Other which I think is less of a slot than the sub fractionally. Saturday either way I think sub is too early even if it is only Scotland the previous day.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not to spoil the fun but these are all British bands whose main audience is Britain. It's not really indicative of a Glasto slot that they're promoting their album around that time.

Perhaps not, but tours in April/May suggest they’ll be on the festival circuit for the summer, either in Europe or in the US. So it’s hardly unreasonable to think they’ll be in the frame.

Those IDLES dates especially look like gaps have been left for festivals.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Not to spoil the fun but these are all British bands whose main audience is Britain. It's not really indicative of a Glasto slot that they're promoting their album around that time.

Lol the thread title is for bands touring around Glastonbury...

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

What’s up with u at the mo bro. Seen a bit of a dip in post quality - usually you don’t succumb to this sort of stuff 🤣

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Yeah, it's unlike you to be negative 🤣

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

What’s up with u at the mo bro. Seen a bit of a dip in post quality - usually you don’t succumb to this sort of stuff 🤣

What's with these kind of posts? I am not taking the piss out of anyone and you know what I mean. Why make it personal?

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Lol the thread title is for bands touring around Glastonbury...

This is correct. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Perhaps not, but tours in April/May suggest they’ll be on the festival circuit for the summer, either in Europe or in the US. So it’s hardly unreasonable to think they’ll be in the frame.

Those IDLES dates especially look like gaps have been left for festivals.

Yeah sure but they were always in the frame and most likely going to be in Europe. I just mean when people see the dates and suggest correlation implies causation and that Glastonbury is why the dates are lined up like they are. They don't appear to be warm up shows, and  they are kinda just British bands doing their tour or doing an outdoor show in peak summer so I just don't think it's anything to get carried away with.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah sure but they were always in the frame and most likely going to be in Europe. I just mean when people see the dates and suggest correlation implies causation and that Glastonbury is why the dates are lined up like they are. They don't appear to be warm up shows, and  they are kinda just British bands doing their tour or doing an outdoor show in peak summer so I just don't think it's anything to get carried away with.

We deal purely in speculation on here, it’s our raison d’etre. At this time of the year an act can only rule themselves out, not in (unless they self-confirm ludicrously early).

You’re right that the likes of Biffy and IDLES would have been considered likely before these dates dropped but I see them as being more likely now than they were this morning.

IDLES having a month’s gap between their main run of shows and their two London shows suggests to me that they’ve planned their timetable to be in the UK at the back end of June. 

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We deal purely in speculation on here, it’s our raison d’etre. At this time of the year an act can only rule themselves out, not in (unless they self-confirm ludicrously early).

You’re right that the likes of Biffy and IDLES would have been considered likely before these dates dropped but I see them as being more likely now than they were this morning.

IDLES having a month’s gap between their main run of shows and their two London shows suggests to me that they’ve planned their timetable to be in the UK at the back end of June. 

Fair enough. Just a matter of differing perspectives on it then, I suppose.

I'll be surprised if Biffy do Glastonbury and Download in the same year consecutive times and the Bellahouston Park show has made them less likely in my eyes because now their own outdoor show could explain why they weren't exclusive at Download.

I figure the Idles thing is because they want a run at four or five Brixton shows without having to make it part of their normal tour. Pretty sure London dates have been separated from normal tours by other bands at other times of year. I think they'll be at Glastonbury but the ball isn't in the net yet.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fair enough. Just a matter of differing perspectives on it then, I suppose.

I'll be surprised if Biffy do Glastonbury and Download in the same year consecutive times and the Bellahouston Park show has made them less likely in my eyes because now their own outdoor show could explain why they weren't exclusive at Download.

I figure the Idles thing is because they want a run at four or five Brixton shows without having to make it part of their normal tour. Pretty sure London dates have been separated from normal tours by other bands at other times of year. I think they'll be at Glastonbury but the ball isn't in the net yet.

So we're saying The Cribs are definitely at Glastonbury or