Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Kanye is apparently on the festival circuit 

One supposed booking does not mean he is going to go everywhere next year.

He is apparently booked for Coachella next year, thats where this is coming from. I would not put too much stock into it outside of that because there aren’t going to be many fests that will cater as much to Kanye as Coachella can/has/would. Maybe theyre going to build his dome this time, who knows.

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Where's the Arctic Monkeys rumour come from? Couldn't be less enthused about this prospect. 

There were rumours pre-COVID that they were preparing an album and dates for 2021. Dunno if that’s still the case though.

If things were normal and we had had the 2020 festival they’d be a pretty strong bet for 21. As it stands my suspicion they are on the list of acts to call if/when they can’t secure any of this year’s three.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There were rumours pre-COVID that they were preparing an album and dates for 2021. Dunno if that’s still the case though.

If things were normal and we had had the 2020 festival they’d be a pretty strong bet for 21. As it stands my suspicion they are on the list of acts to call if/when they can’t secure any of this year’s three.

the info I had says about their own shows next year, and my feeling about the glasto stuff is similar to yours.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reeling in horror at the possibility that next year's Friday night line-up could be this parade of early naughties flotsam and jetsam.

Arctic Monkeys / Fatboy Slim / Thom Yorke / Editors / Manic Street Preachers

You forgot 

Not everyone would be reeling a those names though

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd happily go and watch any one of them. Would be the biggest headliner clash in the history of the festival for me.

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reeling in horror at the possibility that next year's Friday night line-up could be this parade of early naughties flotsam and jetsam.

I've only seen Arctic Monkeys once and was disappointed with them, but I know I'd end up getting drunk and watching them again.

Edited by Kalopsia

7 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm not a MSP fan but wouldn't be upset seeing any of the others again. Plenty of space on the rest of the line up for fresher acts and other stages to visit for those disinterested. 

People say that about when there’s one headliner some don’t like. They usually programme something for everyone across the main stages.

I really don’t see it being Arctics v Editors v Manics if Arctics do play. Days would have to be juggled.