Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

"Werq the World Tour is known for large-scale shows on stages with Jumbo Tron screens, giving performances a concert-style feel as well as ongoing expansions and modifications after every leg of touring."

So it seems like a pretty big production. I think it's a mix of different performances, but mainly singing and dancing?

I know with those rescheduled dates to June, but its likely due to who is avail and such since there are dates in May, too. 

I mean its a drag show with high production values, but where would you want to place it anyway? Of course it would make the NYC Downlow extra spicy that weekend. 

8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

but where would you want to place it anyway? Of course it would make the NYC Downlow extra spicy that weekend. 

Pyramid for the main show. And then yeah, a little show in NYC Downlow, maybe a DJ set somewhere too.

Drag Race UK is shown on BBC, so a big "Glastonbury Special show" would get attention. Maybe they could all sing hits from previous headliners 

Edited by Gilgamesh69

59 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Remember months ago someone posted a rumour here that there was going to be a rather "out of left field" act at Glastonbury?

Just had an idea... could it be RuPaul's drag race? They're touring Europe in June - performing at arenas - and they seem to be free on Glastonbury weekend. Considering Glastonbury is during pride month and it would likely get a lot of attention, don't you think that it could be possible? Pyramid opener one day perhaps

I thought at first you meant RuPaul himself and I don’t think he’s appeared in drag for a ticketed event or his own tour for years.

I mean I could imagine werk the world going down a storm on the farm. NYC downlow too.

The only thing that makes me think probably not though is down to fees again. The US drag queens cost a lot to book.

16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Judging by the leaked UK tour dates they’re pretty much a dead certainty. Looks like they’ve booked it specifically to cater to Glastonbury.

edit: obviously if the dates are legit, which Neil seems to think they roughly are 

I believe there will be some confirmation tomorrow afternoon . 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I thought at first you meant RuPaul himself and I don’t think he’s appeared in drag for a ticketed event or his own tour for years.

I mean I could imagine werk the world going down a storm on the farm. NYC downlow too.

The only thing that makes me think probably not though is down to fees again. The US drag queens cost a lot to book.

If this gets tied into an episode for their series than it’s not as if Glasto has to incur all the costs anyway, they got their own budget. And yeah, Rupaul isn’t showing up for this unless it was for a tv episode. But who knows what may come of this.

and andrea bocelli? That would be the biggest bargain to see him since its so expensive for a ticket to his own show.

29 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

If this gets tied into an episode for their series than it’s not as if Glasto has to incur all the costs anyway, they got their own budget. And yeah, Rupaul isn’t showing up for this unless it was for a tv episode. But who knows what may come of this.

and andrea bocelli? That would be the biggest bargain to see him since its so expensive for a ticket to his own show.

It won’t tie into the show as the filming is done at different times of the year and those on tour are all previous contestants who won’t be on the show again. I think the US show typically films in the May-August window for 3/4weeks. The U.K. seasons are filmed in feb. It’s not going to be something like that.

I think it’s just a coincidence that the tour is around Glastonbury, but I could see NYC downlow getting a few previous contestants in the area to pop up.

Yeah someone said Andrea Bocceli was booked for 2020. Can’t remember who but it was someone on this board. Looking at his tour dates too it matches up. It would also fit the description of “not quite pop” as he’s collaborated with some big popstars and had hit singles but he’s not exactly a pop star. 

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah someone said Andrea Bocceli was booked for 2020. Can’t remember who but it was someone on this board. Looking at his tour dates too it matches up. It would also fit the description of “not quite pop” as he’s collaborated with some big popstars and had hit singles but he’s not exactly a pop star. 

Bocceli’s playing Portugal on the Saturday next year. So if he and his band get in the Ford  Transit pronto, and put their foot down, they could perhaps make it - but it looks unlikely

Bocelli was playing MSG when I was over in NYC and we wanted to go, partly to see a gig in that venue, and it was the most expensive concert ticket I’d ever seen. I know US gig tickets tend to be a lot more, especially for the Garden, but still. Seems odd he’d take a low paying show in Glastonbury.

19 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Haha yeah, my friend sent me a pic of the email she received and was like, this guy is not having a good week 😂

I obviously haven't seen it, but I feel for the guy. We've all had that week. 😂

Edited by zeppelin

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

Bocelli was playing MSG when I was over in NYC and we wanted to go, partly to see a gig in that venue, and it was the most expensive concert ticket I’d ever seen. I know US gig tickets tend to be a lot more, especially for the Garden, but still. Seems odd he’d take a low paying show in Glastonbury.

American ticket systems are a bit different. If there’s high demand for tickets the prices are higher. If there is lower demand they are lower. I don’t think the acts set the prices.

I imagine if bocceli was playing it would be an earlyish pyramid set. He has a date on the Saturday in Portugal, but if he was playing Friday during the day I can’t see it being an issue.

On 7/31/2020 at 12:38 AM, Matt42 said:

American ticket systems are a bit different. If there’s high demand for tickets the prices are higher. If there is lower demand they are lower. I don’t think the acts set the prices.

I imagine if bocceli was playing it would be an earlyish pyramid set. He has a date on the Saturday in Portugal, but if he was playing Friday during the day I can’t see it being an issue.

Acts do have say in prices if they are that involved in the whole process. ( see Madonna on her last tour )  The dynamic pricing algorithm or “platinum seats” has not always been the standard over here. Its just decided to rear its ugly head into buying the last few years. Ticketmaster/Live Nation have just had to find new revenue streams and its just scary that it works. I remember the infancy of it as I was surveyed over it and put into a beta program. They simulated an onsale and showed all the variables you could encounter, then asked you a bunch of questions regarding it. It was easily almost 10 years ago when that happened, but they had to perfect the process, so it took that long to make it prominent. Just remember that the laws here arent always in favor of the buyer and the ticket lobby has done all it can to make it difficult for fans. Hopefully if the BOSS Act passes itll make things easier for us. And Im curious to see how things will be when tours get announced here and there are onsales. Like what the differences will be. Justin Bieber is the first major act to announce a tour next year so we’ll see.

On 7/31/2020 at 12:15 AM, jparx said:

Bocelli has always been expensive, like I remember helping somebody get tickets  15 years ago and even then  it was ridiculous.  $700 to be in the front, no vip package or anything. But again, its the artist, not always the setting. The one place I can tell you that youre really paying for the venue within the ticket would be The Hollywood Bowl. MSG is of course famous in its own right, but when I saw Radiohead there the price was no different than seeing them a week later in another regular arena in the middle of the country. Fortunately the resale market exists here so you do have other options and not have to solely rely on buying at regular costs since you can find deals if you want.

Edited by Suprefan

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Probably one for the download thread or r&l

So none of those are relevant to Glastonbury 1 month before ? Isn’t the thread titled acts touring around Glastonbury ? So this would fit the title even if they don’t play which of course some might 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So none of those are relevant to Glastonbury 1 month before ? Isn’t the thread titled acts touring around Glastonbury ? So this would fit the title even if they don’t play which of course some might 

I haven’t seen acts like that play the festival before but I’ve seen plenty of them on download and r&l lineups.