Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Haim aren’t best known for a Calvin Harris collaboration. And yeah they headlined R1 at Reading on their last album but they’ve released a successful one since, and going from second stage headliner to main stage sub is pretty normal from album to album.

If you were to consider all the Pyramid subs of the past ten years or so then aside from huge outliers like Liam G, Biffy, George Ezra they’re really not out of place. Surprised there’s really any pushback on this,

Wolf Alice also did that slot last time they played and people were shocked when they were suggested for other headliner, and WA have the advantage of being british and having a close relationship with the fest...

Maybe it's just me (and the fact its just me and thewayiam suggesting this makes me think im wrong), but I'd have them pegged way more towards the snow patrol or solange or bastille end of latitude headliners - and I dont think anyone would suggest they're candidates for a sub. I'd comfortably put them a fair way down the list compared to Liam/Biffy/Ezra.

PJ have a date on the Saturday of Glastonbury so they are out.

But no one genuinely thought they were in the running right? They are filed for me as “fantastic band that will never do it”.

I just can’t see it ever happening now. Unless Glasto has a proper weird one some year

20 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Bearded Theory confirmed as not on this year and rescheduled for next June.  Some acts have been confirmed for next year, noticeable absence of Primal Scream and Flaming Lips..

Screenshot_20200723-220708_Chrome.jpg.6679d0aca1613b4069ac640bf22a30e2.jpg

Might get a 2020 t-shirt.

Screenshot_20200723-221033_Chrome.jpg.7bfeede46212936a06e41f05ccaf31e8.jpg

That lineup is amazing already. 4 acts I'd want to see, 3 of them must sees.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

PJ have a date on the Saturday of Glastonbury so they are out.

But no one genuinely thought they were in the running right? They are filed for me as “fantastic band that will never do it”.

I just can’t see it ever happening now. Unless Glasto has a proper weird one some year

Not that much weirder than booking The Cure really. 

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not that much weirder than booking The Cure really. 

At least The Cure are a homegrown act who have a history with the festival. Pearl Jam doing it at this point in their career would be strange. A completely silent crowd for an hour and a half of the set and then people going ballistic for the remaining five songs.

40 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

At least The Cure are a homegrown act who have a history with the festival. Pearl Jam doing it at this point in their career would be strange. A completely silent crowd for an hour and a half of the set and then people going ballistic for the remaining five songs.

I think you are being generous with five. I do wonder if your average Glastonbury goer could recognise a tune other than Alive and Even Flow.

I like Pearl Jam, they are an act I've always followed without being massively into. Without being too "out there" they are a bit of a niche band. No crossover hits in this country really.

Lead Balloon as a headliner & I'd be there.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop