Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

Ken had info that HAIM rebooked that Ireland show prematurely and were not yet 100% sure they were coming back next year. This seems to confirm they will definitely be back.

Oh I hadn't seen that. I guess that their name not being on the poster actually released isn't really a positive when you think about it with that context in mind.

That said though, they'll play.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

HAIM subbing? I'm probably being blinded by the fact they do nothing for me but are they really big enough?

Nah definitely not. Could maybe pull off 3rd down if they're desperate but they were booked for fourth down this year so I reckon thats where they will stay

Bearded Theory confirmed as not on this year and rescheduled for next June.  Some acts have been confirmed for next year, noticeable absence of Primal Scream and Flaming Lips..

Screenshot_20200723-220708_Chrome.jpg.6679d0aca1613b4069ac640bf22a30e2.jpg

Might get a 2020 t-shirt.

Screenshot_20200723-221033_Chrome.jpg.7bfeede46212936a06e41f05ccaf31e8.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide

4 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

HAIM subbing? I'm probably being blinded by the fact they do nothing for me but are they really big enough?

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Nah definitely not. Could maybe pull off 3rd down if they're desperate but they were booked for fourth down this year so I reckon thats where they will stay

We don't know they were booked for fourth down this year?

But really last album they sold out Ally Pally twice over in one morning. Not onto arenas yet but they're around Vampire Weekend size albeit without the longevity) and, when they're trying to maintain a balanced lineup despite dropouts, they will be strongly looking at Haim for a sub slot.

Just now, dentalplan said:

We don't know they were booked for fourth down this year?

But really last album they sold out Ally Pally twice over in one morning. Not onto arenas yet but they're around Vampire Weekend size albeit without the longevity) and, when they're trying to maintain a balanced lineup despite dropouts, they will be strongly looking at Haim for a sub slot.

I mean, they were playing Saturday Pyramid. I guess maybe Aerosmith was 4th down in a semi "legends slot" potential and Haim were 3rd down?

Vampire Weekend are way bigger imo (and I thought they were a relatively weak sub). Looking at spotify they have similar monthly listeners as Haim (which is poor for Haim considering they have just released a new album) though I know this aint the best metric. VW also have the big benefit of having huge indie staples like A-Punk, wheras Haim are most well known for a Calvin Harris collaboration.

Plus on that tour where they did the 2 nights at ally pally, they headlined the NME stage at R+L the same year alongside You me At Six, not sure that screams subbing potential personally...

The one thing they have going for them is that they are women, so may get an extra boost to sub to make the lineup look more balanced

7 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Seconded.

But more importantly - the distillers!

Wouldnt mind dropkicks either.

Yeah that Friday of Hellfest is very much for me, the rest is very much not but it's not a festival targeted at me so.

Download will snap up The Distillers and The Offspring I would bet in a top two again. They are around and if the festival can booked that again against a returning KISS and Deftones then why wouldn't they stick to it. Dropkick Murphys could be back. A Sunday of Deaf Havana, Dropkicks, Rag N Bone Man, Barry Gibb, Chic with Nile, Shaggy, Biffy Clyro and Ed Sheeran was a superb day a few years back. 

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, they were playing Saturday Pyramid. I guess maybe Aerosmith was 4th down in a semi "legends slot" potential and Haim were 3rd down?

Vampire Weekend are way bigger imo (and I thought they were a relatively weak sub). Looking at spotify they have similar monthly listeners as Haim (which is poor for Haim considering they have just released a new album) though I know this aint the best metric. VW also have the big benefit of having huge indie staples like A-Punk, wheras Haim are most well known for a Calvin Harris collaboration.

Plus on that tour where they did the 2 nights at ally pally, they headlined the NME stage at R+L the same year alongside You me At Six, not sure that screams subbing potential personally...

The one thing they have going for them is that they are women, so may get an extra boost to sub to make the lineup look more balanced

Yeah agreed. It's ridiculous to even think HAIM are Vampire Weekend size and that was a poor choice for a sub too and their crowd size would suggest many others were not bothered either. 3rd down would have generated more.

13 hours ago, Suprefan said:

They should go for Puscifer. Unless nobody wants anything but Tool at glasto.

I'd be game. They put on a fun show for sure, and tbh the TOOL Glastonbury will never happen anyway. Seeing Maynard at Glastonbury will be novel enough.

15 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Pearl Jam have rescheduled their tour, but no UK date

I imagine they're back at BST right? And BST probably looking to announce later in the year I'd imagine?

Unless BST has been scrapped and they're headlining Glastonbury 😉

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I imagine they're back at BST right? And BST probably looking to announce later in the year I'd imagine?

Unless BST has been scrapped and they're headlining Glastonbury 😉

I'd say almost certainly. They're playing Italy on Glastonbury Saturday, which doesn't get them out of the frame completely, but certainly makes a Friday or Sunday slot seem a lot less likely.

10 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Haim aren’t best known for a Calvin Harris collaboration. And yeah they headlined R1 at Reading on their last album but they’ve released a successful one since, and going from second stage headliner to main stage sub is pretty normal from album to album.

If you were to consider all the Pyramid subs of the past ten years or so then aside from huge outliers like Liam G, Biffy, George Ezra they’re really not out of place. Surprised there’s really any pushback on this,

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah agreed. It's ridiculous to even think HAIM are Vampire Weekend size and that was a poor choice for a sub too and their crowd size would suggest many others were not bothered either. 3rd down would have generated more.

Ridiculous to suggest someone headlining Latitude and their own outdoor shows is the same size as Vampire Weekend ok sure guy.

Hmm yeah I also find pushback on HAIM a bit strange. I don't really think there's a definition for that slot - it's kinda just whoever the festival want to play there. And HAIM seem fairly obviously the type of act they'd want to promote in that slot. It may not happen, but I don't think pitchforks would be raised if it did and it wouldn't look out of place on a poster. 

Edited by jparx