Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

That Damon Iceland project has been rescheduled to next year. I think it's with an orchestra, so maybe it could open the pyramid one day?

As far as I'm aware, that Africa Express "tour" (can only find one confirmed show) is just them playing Terry Riley's In C. Doesn't seem to be one of their epic shows that go on for like 5 hours and have loads of special guests. Still, could maybe show up on West Holts?

17 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I am an Oasis & Noel Gallagher fan, but I could die happier if I never heard "The Importance of being Idle" again.

I absolutely hate that song. Not sure why because by all measures it’s a pretty decent Noel tune, but there’s just something about it that really irks me. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I absolutely hate that song. Not sure why because by all measures it’s a pretty decent Noel tune, but there’s just something about it that really irks me. 

I cant stand it.

A lot of the time Noel nicks bits of tunes & I prefer his version. This one stinks.

Just for fun I can imagine an Oasis reunion tour looking like this.

Somewhat of an enhanced version of what the Stone Roses did. A long string of Wembley and Ethiad dates with Glastonbury. A few gigs in mainland Europe.

Then the following Summer I reckon they would hit the US festival market. I can see Coachella booking them and maybe some other big outdoor gigs there. I then imagine they may do something like Heaton Park in the U.K. and a couple of Euro festivals that want to get them. Perhaps stuff like Werchter classic?

They could easily do two big summers of gigs and sell a shit tonne of tickets. I reckon if they wanted to keep it going for a third summer R&L could probably grab them, but it would probably be at the end of their tour rather than at the start or the middle.

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just for fun I can imagine an Oasis reunion tour looking like this.

Somewhat of an enhanced version of what the Stone Roses did. A long string of Wembley and Ethiad dates with Glastonbury. A few gigs in mainland Europe.

Then the following Summer I reckon they would hit the US festival market. I can see Coachella booking them and maybe some other big outdoor gigs there. I then imagine they may do something like Heaton Park in the U.K. and a couple of Euro festivals that want to get them. Perhaps stuff like Werchter classic?

They could easily do two big summers of gigs and sell a shit tonne of tickets. I reckon if they wanted to keep it going for a third summer R&L could probably grab them, but it would probably be at the end of their tour rather than at the start or the middle.

The Roses only did Heaton the first year then hit the festivals and London dates the following summer. Massive initial payoff then mop the rest up later.

I can see Oasis doing the same.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Roses only did Heaton the first year then hit the festivals and London dates the following summer. Massive initial payoff then mop the rest up later.

I can see Oasis doing the same.

Nah I think they will do a lot of dates as promoters won’t know whether it will last the summer. Waiting a year to get Oasis ain’t a great idea 🤣 they could split again

Just now, Matt42 said:

Nah I think they will do a lot of dates as promoters won’t know whether it will last the summer. Waiting a year to get Oasis ain’t a great idea 🤣 they could split again

They said the same about the Roses and they played the same setlist for four/five years before imploding again.