Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I totally appreciate that sentiment from Emily, the key difference this year though is the majority tickets are already sold out, and over the next month or two we will have a very clear idea of who is playing 2021 based on other announcements. Say Kendrick is announced for European festivals, he will obviously be doing Glastonbury as well. They could always wait until October still, but I think they may just drop some names, even just Diana Ross, because it's so obvious and it won't influence the ticket sales anymore than with the normal resale.

Yeah I entirely agree, or maybe just say 'we have some returning acts and some new ones to announce' or something along those lines in the autumn and give people something to look forward to but the pessimist in me says they would have made an announcement over the 50th weekend if they were going to 

Or they could be waiting because they dont want the names out there longer than they have to be. And theres false hope because things dont get better by spring and they had to pull the plug. And all the surrounding festivals announcing line ups around glasto has never deterred them either since its a smidge of what gets presented over the weekend. Just the eye catching names and such. 

19 hours ago, jparx said:

Count me in. I could see her 3rd/4th down on the Pyramid for sure.  Great set in 2019.

Needs to happen. 

My wife hasn’t forgiven me for dragging her to Liam instead. 

I owe her one. 

And by “one”, I mean 60 minutes of pure pop bangers. 

46 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Needs to happen. 

My wife hasn’t forgiven me for dragging her to Liam instead. 

I owe her one. 

And by “one”, I mean 60 minutes of pure pop bangers. 

I'm not one to judge, everyone does their own festival, there's no right or wrong etc etc

But

Bloody hell dude. Whoopsie right there ;)

On 7/7/2020 at 11:20 PM, Mattymooz said:

Yeah, but of all electronic acts I think Jamie XX would be fine, he's a lot more chill so would fit fine during the daytime like Maribou State did last year (though I've never seen him live, so I guess this is more of me just talking out my ass...)

His set on the Park in 2015 was brilliant, sun went down while he was playing was just proper lush. One of my favourite ever sets. 

Thom playing The Hydro is wild. I don’t think he’d even sold out the previous venue which was 6000 and now he’s moving up to 13000. The layout of The Hydro makes it quite easy to cover up the empty seats and it’s a better venue so I’m all for it but I feel like it’ll be quite spacious. I’m glad he’s rescheduled it though as it helps out with the inevitable headliner clashes one night.

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Thom playing The Hydro is wild. I don’t think he’d even sold out the previous venue which was 6000 and now he’s moving up to 13000. The layout of The Hydro makes it quite easy to cover up the empty seats and it’s a better venue so I’m all for it but I feel like it’ll be quite spacious. I’m glad he’s rescheduled it though as it helps out with the inevitable headliner clashes one night.

Thom did the same thing for his u.s tour. He booked some larger spaces and they just covered up the upper level seats. Maybe they couldnt re book the same venue for that date and had to move it. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would be surprised to see Liam back so soon. There isn’t really anywhere for him to go on the lineup.

Well tbf, could just sub Macca instead of Noel.  Seeing IDLES around though is very good news.

Edited by sisco

14 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Latitude announcing their first names on Friday for next year. Will be interesting to see if Haim are there... 

They’ve changed the dates for i so it’s the following week, this year it clashed with Benicassim and Lolla Paris so I’m not sure what it would clash with now 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Nah, he subbed the last festival. No way he’s subbing two in a row.

I dunno what has happened with Liam but he’s gone from hating the festival to absolutely loving it in a short space of time. Seems like it’s hard to keep him away from the place. I think the festival might file him in the Coldplay, Mumford, etc cabinet under - “will happily play no matter what”.

If things get hairy and they call Liam he will say yes. He will see it as a LEGENDARY booking.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nah, he subbed the last festival. No way he’s subbing two in a row.

It could well be 5 years between festivals at this rate.  

But I do agree with you, just know Liam loves it there and it’s an easy fit underneath Macca who he loves. 

Curious now is it normal for acts to play, then be a fallow year and then play again? As that’s pretty much what this is now.

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

It could well be 5 years between festivals at this rate.  

But I do agree with you, just know Liam loves it there and it’s an easy fit underneath Macca who he loves. 

Curious now is it normal for acts to play, then be a fallow year and then play again? As that’s pretty much what this is now.

It’s not uncommon for acts to play consecutively between fallow years. Happens a fair bit.

I just cannot see LG subbing in 2019 then again in 2021.