Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

The inverse - acts missing off the above for the rest of us to keep an eye out for:

Camila Cabello, Kacey Musgraves, Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Dizzee Rascal, Dua Lipa, La Roux*, Lianne La Havas, Robyn, The Staves, Aitch, Angel Olsen, Banks, Cage the Elephant, Clairo, Confidence Man, EOB, Laura Marling, London Grammar, Phoebe Bridgers, Black Uhuru, Danny Brown, EarthGang, Gilberto Gil & Family, Snarky Puppy, Thundercat

*i know she's apparently self confirmed
italics - reason to think they're not returning; not rescheduling dates, etc.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The inverse - acts missing off the above for the rest of us to keep an eye out for:

Camila Cabello, Kacey Musgraves, Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Dizzee Rascal, Dua Lipa, La Roux*, Lianne La Havas, Robyn, The Staves, Aitch, Angel Olsen, Banks, Cage the Elephant, Clairo, Confidence Man, EOB, Laura Marling, London Grammar, Phoebe Bridgers, Black Uhuru, Danny Brown, EarthGang, Gilberto Gil & Family, Snarky Puppy, Thundercat

*i know she's apparently self confirmed
italics - reason to think they're not returning; not rescheduling dates, etc.

Black Uhuru seem to have just moved their dates back a year too so I guess they'll be back next year but yeah, not too many acts who haven't rescheduled anything yet, especially considering not many festivals have announced lineups for next year.

Dunno who Mabel is but she’s self confirmed in her section of this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/jun/27/ready-steady-oh-olympics-glastonbury-euro-2020-summer-lost-katarina-johnson-thompson-harry-kane-mabel?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Dizzee’s part is funny as well, selling himself as a headliner again. 

9 minutes ago, 1986 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/jun/27/ready-steady-oh-olympics-glastonbury-euro-2020-summer-lost-katarina-johnson-thompson-harry-kane-mabel?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Yeah looks like both Mabel and Dizzee are back in.

53 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Mabel is Nehneh Cherry’s daughter. 

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You read the poster incorrectly. The old dates were in June 2020, the new dates are in March 2021. Leave it to somebody like him to confuse the life out of anyone with bad graphic design.

FF9879F7-24FA-4FEA-AAA5-635032BC136D.jpeg

Oh yeah I just looked at the poster and I made the same mistake. What a confusing tour poster layout. 

32 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You read the poster incorrectly. The old dates were in June 2020, the new dates are in March 2021. Leave it to somebody like him to confuse the life out of anyone with bad graphic design.

FF9879F7-24FA-4FEA-AAA5-635032BC136D.jpeg

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Oh yeah I just looked at the poster and I made the same mistake. What a confusing tour poster layout. 

Wtf is this graphic design 

CF5E1052-24D9-44EA-9ACB-88F8F8F9064C.jpeg

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

CF5E1052-24D9-44EA-9ACB-88F8F8F9064C.jpeg

Not sure if you're posting this to confirm you were correct or just show the poster, but it says 'Rescheduled Dates' above the March ones on the left and 'Was' above the May/June ones on the right. My eyes immediately went to the right when looking for the dates. Stupid.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Not sure if you're posting this to confirm you were correct or just show the poster, but it says 'Rescheduled Dates' above the March ones on the left and 'Was' above the May/June ones on the right. My eyes immediately went to the right when looking for the dates. Stupid.

Yeah I edited above - I deleted my original comment as it was bit harsh. In short - get the good graphic designer back to work 🤣

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The info the other day about the 1975 being offered a headline slot?

what info?

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What about Mumford & Sons?

oooh, yeah. Ta.

17 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Someone's Uncle is best mates with Matt Healey and acted with him. Said they had been offered it at Christmas or something. On headliners thread.

thanks. I'll put them in as a rumour tho I'm not entirely sure that offer will hold if the 2020 headliners want to roll over to 2021. My take is that all the 2020 acts have been asked back, as the announced dates for 2021 for many of the 2020 confirmed acts seems to strongly suggest it.

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Sorry, I've not really been keeping up with much lineup stuff since this year was cancelled, when were the 3 acts confirmed and who apart from NGHFB has disappeared?

The 3 confirmed acts I presume are the Emerging Talent finalists/winner.

NGHFB was the only one to not rebook Eden fest and something else that I can’t remember.  It was mentioned that he’s not touring next year (I believe)

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

NGHFB was the only one to not rebook Eden fest and something else that I can’t remember.  It was mentioned that he’s not touring next year (I believe)

Cheers! I didn't cotton on to them being the ET winners.

15 hours ago, sisco said:

you nailed it. :) 

On 4/8/2020 at 9:17 PM, dentalplan said:

I think Cave planning to do two months of arenas into June and no festivals this year is enough of an indicator that he also won’t be doing it next year.

He could have been a surprise guest though, as we were missing several acts and he did a surprise appearance this year. 

20 hours ago, Neil said:

have now done this.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2021/lineup.shtml

Please let me know if there's anything to add or update.

Jessie Ware should be confirmed. She he’d Emily on her podcast as a guest and was invited back, and said she’d love to. 

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Jessie Ware should be confirmed. 

acts are only confirmed when confirmed by the festival.

And just about everyone would love to be invited back; it's not quite enough for a TBC.