Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Adele was going to headline but play at sunset because she was scared of the crowds.

The logic of why she’d play when it was still light and could clearly see the gargantuan crowd in front of her was never expanded upon.

As if it would make the slightest bit of difference as well! She would be the biggest act on that lineup by a country mile - there’s no way that they could cut that crowd down at all.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I saw KC at my very first festival. Reading 2006.

Half way through yer man starts a chant of...

”When I say Kaiser, you say Chiefs!”. 

It was at that moment I vowed never to return to Reading festival. 

Not even at the end of the first night! That was my first festival, I remember getting soaked watching Franz and being blown away by the weekend as a whole. Not interested in any other festival because there's no way it could get better. How wrong, young and naive I was.

9 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Not even at the end of the first night! That was my first festival, I remember getting soaked watching Franz and being blown away by the weekend as a whole. Not interested in any other festival because there's no way it could get better. How wrong, young and naive I was.

Didn’t Franz have some dancing robots on stage that night? Or did I imagine that?

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ah God, how I loved Franz.

They rode their luck a bit getting the headline slot at R+L when Arctics requested to sub rather than top the bill, but FF were in their prime and it certainly doesn't look as daft as Razorlight in 2007.

Smashed the Other in 2009 too. World-beaters for five years, took their moment well.

I’ve always got time for Franz. One of those bands I’ll always make an effort to see when they pop up on a lineup.

54 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Yeah it was a great weekend overall.

Peak Muse, Franz were ace, YYY’s. 

I remember it was also the first time I’d ever even heard about Glastonbury. 

We had caught the festival bug and were discussing where to go the following year. 

“We should do Glastonbury” my mate said.

”What’s that?” I replied. 

The rest is history. 

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Yeah it was a great weekend overall.

Peak Muse, Franz were ace, YYY’s. 

I remember it was also the first time I’d ever even heard about Glastonbury. 

We had caught the festival bug and were discussing where to go the following year. 

“We should do Glastonbury” my mate said.

”What’s that?” I replied. 

The rest is history. 

I was a bit slower than that but similar story. That Saturday was incredible at the time and has aged well in most places. I think it's the most time I've spent at one stage on one day at any festival, from Wolfmother through Muse who were also at their peak then in my opinion. In fact that Muse set is one of my favourite headline sets of all time I think.

image.png.1dc6ef1df5642b7d134a7af06839d321.png

31 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I was a bit slower than that but similar story. That Saturday was incredible at the time and has aged well in most places. I think it's the most time I've spent at one stage on one day at any festival, from Wolfmother through Muse who were also at their peak then in my opinion. In fact that Muse set is one of my favourite headline sets of all time I think.

I’ve seen them interviewed a few times and they still call it their best ever. 

39 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

The reformed Bloc Party headlining JP or Park in 2021/2 would see me there, tbf. If Editors can do it...

Saw Bloc Party at The Roundhouse a few years back. 

They’ve still got the chops to headline JP for sure. 

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

That lineup just threw a can of Carling at me!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, chemica said:

Roskilde now sharing that Thom Yorke and Whitest Boy Alive are both exclusive to the festival.  
There’s no clarification what kind of exclusive, but I’d hate for that to mess with West Holts schedule. 

Aren't they the same person? :D

4 minutes ago, chemica said:

Roskilde now sharing that Thom Yorke and Whitest Boy Alive are both exclusive to the festival.  
There’s no clarification what kind of exclusive, but I’d hate for that to mess with West Holts schedule. 

Thom’s already been announced for Pohoda festival so must be a Danish exclusive.

46 minutes ago, chemica said:

I think it just means exclusive to Scandinavia. Think I read it another post Roskilde made

1 hour ago, Clairexoxo said:

Greenday,  Fall Out Boy and Weezer are touring on Glastonbury weekend and have the Friday free.

My Chemical Romance are doing some dates at MK bowl which ends on Sunday 20th so they could make an appearance... 

Afraid  not on Greenday/FOB/Weezer, they're  doing London Stadium on the Friday, then  Huddersfield on the Sat, and Glasgow on the Monday