Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

That IOW line-up... wow. Just, wow.

I would actually love to see Duran Duran some time though.

Duran Duran would be ace, although considering they're getting bookings like headlining IOW and BST, I'm guessing they fancy themselves as a headliner or nothing, so probably a no-go for Glastonbury unfortunately. 

Just now, Kalopsia said:

I still desperately want The Strokes 😂 (I know it's very unlikely) 

Maybe it'll happen, but they're in the FM category now for me. So many chances to play and it's not happened - clearly there's a reason ($$$). Probably best to give up on it and then be pleasantly surprised if it happens!

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Maybe it'll happen, but they're in the FM category now for me. So many chances to play and it's not happened - clearly there's a reason ($$$). Probably best to give up on it and then be pleasantly surprised if it happens!

Yea The Strokes has basically been a cash cow for the last 10-15 years, this return and latest album seems to have a different feeling about it, like they're enjoying working together again? Let hope that continues... Although I love The Voidz and want another album from them. 

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Agree about that IoW lineup, but Happy Mondays, Supergrass and The Avalanches all around, good stuff.

Are you hearing anything on BST Robin? We were all geared up for an announcement last month and it was a load of nothing (understandably I guess if Kendrick and Taylor are up in the air).

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Are you hearing anything on BST Robin? We were all geared up for an announcement last month and it was a load of nothing (understandably I guess if Kendrick and Taylor are up in the air).

Not heard anything. Although I note Duran Duran are not listed as an exclusive for IoW as they were last year, so guess they'll be back.

• Upvote 1

That IOW lineup, surely Jess must be doing a freebie to get back in bookers good books. Bailing after she was due on stage, she's not big enough a name to get away with that?

Also Chems missing, does that suggest they may not be in the UK for festivals next summer? I know it's not been long since playing Glasto but looking even less likely 2021?

Can't stand Jess Glynne. Her voice grates on me something fierce. In a period where female pop stars are churning out more high quality music than just about any other genre, she really sticks out like a sore thumb.

33 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

That IOW lineup, surely Jess must be doing a freebie to get back in bookers good books. Bailing after she was due on stage, she's not big enough a name to get away with that?

Also Chems missing, does that suggest they may not be in the UK for festivals next summer? I know it's not been long since playing Glasto but looking even less likely 2021?

They rescheudled all their other gigs around June next year, but if i had to guess, i reckon theyll be back for latitude

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

They rescheudled all their other gigs around June next year, but if i had to guess, i reckon theyll be back for latitude

I've been going to Latitude for 10 years now and I know the organisers have always wanted them to play, they had Underworld perform in 2019 and they went down a storm so they wouldn't just let the Chems go away like that 

3 minutes ago, chemica said:

Roskilde chucking Thom Yorke and Tyler back in the mix for Glasto with their announcement. + others. 

Marone A Mi GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Read that as Taylor for a minute.

Interesting to see Roskilde announcing. Similarities to Glastonbury re: sold out, anniversary edition, and, crucially, Taylor and Kendrick as headliners.