Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

23 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Just when I thought the Aerosmith dream was dead, damn you Glastonbury.

Lineup for next year sounds like it’s going to be just as good as this year. Just need to secure Kenny!

Are you saying.... dream on?

Sorry.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Did Michael Kiwanuka have similarly close dates to Glastonbury this year or is this is a good sign that he’s signed up to play 2021? His absence from the 2020 lineup seemed odd, or more specifically, his inclusion on the 2019 lineup before his awesome new album a few months later seemed odd.

I thought he’d been ruled out for this year - can’t remember the details. I do recall being disappointed as he’s obviously touring and seemed a likely contender. 

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

Talking of exclusives - Pavement were a European exclusive for PS if I recall. Is that still the case for next year does anyone know?

There was a rumour that they had a bigger tour lined up for 2021, but that may have been pushed back by a year. Either way, they're not the sort of act I expect to see pop up at Glastonbury tbh. 

Guys I’m thinking I’m going to get a primavera ticket. Would be first time I’ve been even tho lineup always tempts. I know the basics like proximity to the city etc, and that it will be far removed from a Glasto experience, but has anyone got a link to a fans guide to festival or anything like that. If I go, the guys I will book with will be first timers also, so I am happy to swat up a bit. Looks like viewing it as 3 days of great gigs might be a better expectation set than a conventional British festival experience. Any links help really appreciated 

4 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Guys I’m thinking I’m going to get a primavera ticket. Would be first time I’ve been even tho lineup always tempts. I know the basics like proximity to the city etc, and that it will be far removed from a Glasto experience, but has anyone got a link to a fans guide to festival or anything like that. If I go, the guys I will book with will be first timers also, so I am happy to swat up a bit. Looks like viewing it as 3 days of great gigs might be a better expectation set than a conventional British festival experience. Any links help really appreciated 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

There was a rumour that they had a bigger tour lined up for 2021, but that may have been pushed back by a year. Either way, they're not the sort of act I expect to see pop up at Glastonbury tbh. 

I agree and it's such a shame. Has the same feeling as Neutral Milk Hotel in 2014. As much as I love Glastonbury, I do wish they were able to get those types of bands. Add American Football to that list as well.

9 hours ago, internetjef said:

More than just 3 days really. 3 main days but you've got music for 7 days.

It'll be my first time going but it seems great 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, internetjef said:

Looks like viewing it as 3 days of great gigs might be a better expectation set than a conventional British festival experience

It's definitely still a festival as opposed to stuff like British Summer Time etc which are essentially big gigs with some support acts. British camping festivals are a very different beasts to most of their European counterparts but Primavera Sound is definitely still a festival experience, it just different in that in focuses almost entirely on the music. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

More than just 3 days really. 3 main days but you've got music for 7 days.

It'll be my first time going but it seems great 

Cheers mate. Yeah aware it technically starts on the Monday and spills onto the Sunday. I’ve got 2 kids tho so I think I might be parachuting in for the 3 big days only. Can’t believe my wife has even given me a pass for that mindful I’m going to Glasto without her again 3 weeks later. What a woman ha 

if it weren’t for the kids I would hang around in Barcelona for ages as it’s a lovely place 

the efestivals link above was really helpful. If anyone has found any other good external resources beyond the primavera website I would also be interested 

17 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

It's definitely still a festival as opposed to stuff like British Summer Time etc which are essentially big gigs with some support acts. British camping festivals are a very different beasts to most of their European counterparts but Primavera Sound is definitely still a festival experience, it just different in that in focuses almost entirely on the music. 

Cheers guy. I went to beni once years ago which basically a car park with 4 stages. Still enjoyed it though as right next to a beach so you could chill there in day. They have same setup where the main acts kick off early  evening and then finish around 3am, with some djs going through to 6ish 

i made the foolish mistake of camping though. Was well into 30s every day and felt it still at night. Hotels all the way if I went again 

Edited by internetjef

26 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Cheers mate. Yeah aware it technically starts on the Monday and spills onto the Sunday. I’ve got 2 kids tho so I think I might be parachuting in for the 3 big days only.

Be warned that although the thursday-saturday are the main days, in missing the Wednesday you'll miss out on Jesus and Mary Chain, Metronomy, Squid and a few others. Of course these pale in comparison to the main three days but there is sometimes the chance of a special secret set on the Tuesday/Wendesday as with the tiny secret LCD Soundsystem set in a 1,000 capacity club. There was of course other special sets like the Spiritualized show with a full orchestra which took place on the Wednesday. 

Also it seems you may have already but have a good look at the previous clashfinders to get a good idea about quite how many stages/acts there are each day and how it all runs. If you're arriving on the Thursday you definitely want to try get there in the morning as queues for wristband exchange can be huge. 

Its a very different beast to Glastonbury. The key thing I'd say is that musically it tends to be much  stronger and more diverse, but just don't expect all the bells and whistles that you get at lots of UK festivals. It is just the music. Of course you also get the benefits of being in Barcelona for a week or so.

7 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Be warned that although the thursday-saturday are the main days, in missing the Wednesday you'll miss out on Jesus and Mary Chain, Metronomy, Squid and a few others. Of course these pale in comparison to the main three days but there is sometimes the chance of a special secret set on the Tuesday/Wendesday as with the tiny secret LCD Soundsystem set in a 1,000 capacity club. There was of course other special sets like the Spiritualized show with a full orchestra which took place on the Wednesday. 

Also it seems you may have already but have a good look at the previous clashfinders to get a good idea about quite how many stages/acts there are each day and how it all runs. If you're arriving on the Thursday you definitely want to try get there in the morning as queues for wristband exchange can be huge. 

Thanks mate. How do you know about those Wednesday bands. I thought the day splits weren’t announced until next Tuesday (9th)

i might be able to push for a Wednesday flight instead , and based on that I would 

Edited by internetjef

24 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Thanks mate. How do you know about those Wednesday bands. I thought the day splits weren’t announced until next Tuesday (9th)

All three were booked for the Wednesday this year. I imagine they'll all be doing the same in 2021 is possible. There may be some new names added too. 

26 minutes ago, internetjef said:

i might be able to push for a Wednesday flight instead , and based on that I would 

Those acts were announced for the Wednesday of this year so it’s a fairly safe assumption that they’ll be playing on the Wednesday as well next year.

edit: yeah what they said ^^^

Edited by FloorFiller