Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

It’s a very strong lineup but for me this is still the best Primavera lineup for quality/depth

0645A50F-F792-4AB9-8D63-99138B834438.thumb.jpeg.9a059a1c3730800d9a12b70e871b484c.jpeg

That Friday is outrageous. Imagine seeing Neutral Milk Hotel, Arcade Fire, Queens and St Vincent in the same day. Without even going in to the undercard...

• Upvote 1

Both those Primavera lineups were insane and I’m gutted I went to neither. 

LDR still being on the cards is interesting, but I don’t think it’ll happen (for Prima, at least). May put some hope in her still being at Glastonbury though if she’s still open to touring discussions.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

LDR still being on the cards is interesting, but I don’t think it’ll happen (for Prima, at least). May put some hope in her still being at Glastonbury though if she’s still open to touring discussions.

It does sound crazy for an artist to release two albums, have a festival tour in the pipeline and reschedule none of them. It’s weird.

Then again for some artists ‘not touring’ is the new touring.

30 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

This was obscene. Primavera smash it every year. For me, it's always the best line up in Europe. 

ps-dias1.jpg

Apart from Radiohead, which is huge, this isn't too extraordinary is it? As much as I love the likes of PJ Harvey, LCD and Sigur Ros as headliners. The 2018 one had the run of WoD, Cave and Björk. That's pretty much the bar for me. Apart from, like I said, getting Radiohead. 

This year's lineup blows every lineup they had so far out of the water. 

11 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Apart from Radiohead, which is huge, this isn't too extraordinary is it? As much as I love the likes of PJ Harvey, LCD and Sigur Ros as headliners. The 2018 one had the run of WoD, Cave and Björk. That's pretty much the bar for me. Apart from, like I said, getting Radiohead. 

This year's lineup blows every lineup they had so far out of the water. 

I've highlighted the key bit in what you've said. 

It's entirely subjective, but the 2016 Primavera line up was at the time considered outrageously strong. Partially due to how many big acts there were (inc. one of LCD's first shows after their reunion), a whole host of acts that don't tend to tour/play festivals very much (John Carpenter, Brian Wilson, Tortoise) and an incredibly strong undercard that has aged beautifully (e.g Jenny Hval, Richard Dawson, Moses Sumney and Car Seat Headrest)

Edited by Guy Incognito

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Both those Primavera lineups were insane and I’m gutted I went to neither. 

I suppose the one thing in Glastonbury’s favour is that she seemed to be coming over just for that, as she already had festivals in America in between Primavera and Glastonbury. I don’t really expect her to play as a one off but she might be more open to playing Glastonbury with the exposure it brings.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

That Friday is outrageous. Imagine seeing Neutral Milk Hotel, Arcade Fire, Queens and St Vincent in the same day. Without even going in to the undercard...

I was just about to write the same thing, I should have been a braver eighteen year old and gone on my own. 

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Soccer Mommy's UK tour has been rescheduled from this June to... February, which suggests she might not be turning up at the Farm next summer.

Tbh this is good news for me as now I can go see her as she would’ve inevitably just been lost in all the clashes at Glastonbury. Maybe she’ll tour some festivals in the summer and make it over regardless.

I had just assumed Aerosmith wouldn’t be back but they must be nailed on now with those dates, at least they’ve managed not to self confirm this time. Booking Aerosmith to play presumably an afternoon/evening slot is still one of the most baffling Glastonbury bookings I can remember.

Aerosmith only let the cat put off the bag on their email list, not the poster, so could still do so again!

but this scheduling looks even more Glastonbury friendly than the last one, they’re as good as there.

That said, I wonder if the possibility that Macca won’t be there means Aerosmith could potentially headline....?

Rival sons in the frame too of course, but they’ve plaid before...