Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

It’s Certainly looking likes the undercards will probably remain intact but it’s the top couple of lines that there’s Huge doubt over at the min.

I think we could have most of the lineup return but the pyramid could take a bit of a hit.

If all is believed it looks like we’ve lost Kendrick, Taylor, Lana, Noel, Aerosmith from this years lineup. Diana has rescheduled so it’s likely she’s back.

We don’t know who was booked to sub Taylor either and whether they will be back.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think we could have most of the lineup return but the pyramid could take a bit of a hit.

If all is believed it looks like we’ve lost Kendrick, Taylor, Lana, Noel, Aerosmith from this years lineup. Diana has rescheduled so it’s likely she’s back.

Indeed mate.  Didn’t realise Diana Ross had rescheduled yet.  Nothing for her Eden Sessions show.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We don’t know who was booked to sub Taylor either and whether they will be back.

Not as big a name but I read Kacey Musgraves didn't appear on a rescheduled poster for another festival after appearing on the original.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Kacey’s toured the hell out of that album so not at all surprised that she’s not continuing to tour next year - will no doubt be sorting out a new album and hopefully back on the road 2022.

Yeah I agree I was surprised she was doing 2020 festivals as it is!

30 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Where is the loss of Taylor for next year info coming from? Please tell me it’s just speculation. 

European festival insider, with good track record, has said she's not doing European festivals next year.

Didn't explicitly say Glastonbury, but obviously Glastonbury is a European festival. You could argue (and I probably would) that there is a slight difference between Glastonbury and your standard European NOS Alive type festival, but reading at face value it does seem to suggest she won't be there. She could still be at Glastonbury and not doing the other European festivals, maybe she's just not signed up to festivals yet but may do eventually, or maybe the info was inaccurate altogether.

She's confirmed the US and South American shows will be rescheduled, so she will be doing shows next year. I find it hard to imagine Taylor not doing some sort of UK show next year since she's touring anyway and spends a lot of time here. Could be she has other commitments (a movie?) next June, and the tour will be moved because of that. We'll just have to wait and see.

33 minutes ago, jparx said:

European festival insider, with good track record, has said she's not doing European festivals next year.

Didn't explicitly say Glastonbury, but obviously Glastonbury is a European festival. You could argue (and I probably would) that there is a slight difference between Glastonbury and your standard European NOS Alive type festival, but reading at face value it does seem to suggest she won't be there. She could still be at Glastonbury and not doing the other European festivals, maybe she's just not signed up to festivals yet but may do eventually, or maybe the info was inaccurate altogether.

She's confirmed the US and South American shows will be rescheduled, so she will be doing shows next year. I find it hard to imagine Taylor not doing some sort of UK show next year since she's touring anyway and spends a lot of time here. Could be she has other commitments (a movie?) next June, and the tour will be moved because of that. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hmm that seems like it's unlikely then. Sucker punch for the festival to lose so many quality artists with Lana, Kacey and Kendrick all looking unlikely too. The Eavis' must be gutted to lose such a diverse and quality line up. 

6 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Hmm that seems like it's unlikely then. Sucker punch for the festival to lose so many quality artists with Lana, Kacey and Kendrick all looking unlikely too. The Eavis' must be gutted to lose such a diverse and quality line up. 

Yeah it could be a big blow, but it's not over yet. Taylor in particular seemed like she was particularly stoked for the festival after the NME awards, pictured with Emily and hanging out with Billy Bragg etc. If there's one event she would be going out of her way to return to, it's Glastonbury. There's still hope 🙂