Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

11 hours ago, lighthouse said:

This, really. The first albums with Josh were actually a slight improvement after the atrocity that's called Stadium Arcadium. The tour of 2006 was balls as well. Guys really need to stop these dull jams in-between songs. 

They do, Foo Fighters are much the same in their own right now. I just want to hear a band sing and fill setlists....not do silly solo's and 9 minute versions of a 5 minute song max.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I suppose the obvious question in all this is why if an act’s 2020 dates didn’t include GF their rescheduled 21 dates would.

Because not everything from this year is going to fit into place next year. You could say the same amount acts not announced for TRNSMT for example next year that were for this. 

58 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Faith No More on the Other Stage would be fun.

Screenshot_20200526-100046.png

I really think all three other headliners will be coming back. I think FNM are more likely for Download if they have a drop out. 

Edit- actually probably not if they are caning the UK June dates 

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I really think all three other headliners will be coming back. I think FNM are more likely for Download if they have a drop out. 

Edit- actually probably not if they are caning the UK June dates 

As is the case with all of these rescheduled dates, if they weren’t booked for the surrounding festivals this year then chances are they won’t be booked for next year either. And like you say, if they do end up playing a festival, Download is definitely the more likely option. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As is the case with all of these rescheduled dates, if they weren’t booked for the surrounding festivals this year then chances are they won’t be booked for next year either. And like you say, if they do end up playing a festival, Download is definitely the more likely option. 

Yeah looks like a direct reschedule. I can’t see Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys disappearing to leave FNM a slot.

I also can’t see FMN being booked to headline the other stage either.

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah looks like a direct reschedule. I can’t see Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys disappearing to leave FNM a slot.

I also can’t see FMN being booked to headline the other stage either.

Any possibility of them subbing? A la Smashing Pumpkins in 2013?

A bunch of names announced for Primavera next year, some of whom were on the 2020 lineup and some that weren't:

Tyler the Creator
Bad Bunny
Pavement
Charli XCX
FKA Twigs
Koffee
Bad Gyal
Yung Beef
C Tangana
Paloma Mami
Einsturzende Neubauten
Caribou
Shellac
Idles
Yo La Tengo
Dinosaur Jr
María del Mar Bonet
Les Savy Fav
Jorja Smith

Probably not a whole lot there that's gonna make much difference to Glastonbury, but at least an indication of some more acts likely to roll over, and I'm guessing Idles will be back/no longer an exclusive for Reading/Leeds.

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

A bunch of names announced for Primavera next year, some of whom were on the 2020 lineup and some that weren't:

Tyler the Creator
Bad Bunny
Pavement
Charli XCX
FKA Twigs
Koffee
Bad Gyal
Yung Beef
C Tangana
Paloma Mami
Einsturzende Neubauten
Caribou
Shellac
Idles
Yo La Tengo
Dinosaur Jr
María del Mar Bonet
Les Savy Fav
Jorja Smith

Probably not a whole lot there that's gonna make much difference to Glastonbury, but at least an indication of some more acts likely to roll over, and I'm guessing Idles will be back/no longer an exclusive for Reading/Leeds.

No Lana is a bit ... ugh 

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

cartel_email_web.png

Gorillaz a new headliner (I'm assuming) addition there. Also Tame Impala, but obviously they're not playing. No Lana though, so maybe she has pulled her tour.

Also Idles IN after being out for 2020 line up. Please bring back this guys for Glasto 2021.

It looks like we won't have Lana, which is weird because he confirmed recently that was going to release another álbum this year... 

The Primavera line up for 2021 is even better than 2020 for me. Insane. 

Edited by AlexOvd

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

cartel_email_web.png

Gorillaz a new headliner (I'm assuming) addition there. Also Tame Impala, but obviously they're not playing. No Lana though, so maybe she has pulled her tour.

There's a lot I like here. Two festivals in June next year in two of my favourite places would definitely make up for the lack of festivals this year. 

Get Gorillaz on the Other and Dua Lipa subbing the Pyramid if LDR is out. I don't care about Gorillaz, but it would be a good fallback. 

Only hope for LDR is she's touring Europe a bit later next year. Primavera is early June, so she could always be doing the EU circuit from late June through July. Keep in mind Glastonbury looked unlikely for 2020 with her tour dates, but she was still on the bill. Ain't quite over yet, although looking unlikely.

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

Get Gorillaz on the Other and Dua Lipa subbing the Pyramid if LDR is out. I don't care about Gorillaz, but it would be a good fallback. 

Only hope for LDR is she's touring Europe a bit later next year. Primavera is early June, so she could always be doing the EU circuit from late June through July. Keep in mind Glastonbury looked unlikely for 2020 with her tour dates, but she was still on the bill. Ain't quite over yet, although looking unlikely.

See the new 2021 predictions thread!

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: The 1975 // DAVE // Elbow // Camila Cabello // Kacey Musgraves // Rufus Wainright
Other: Gorillaz // Fatboy Slim // Sam Fender // Mabel // La Roux // Declan McKenna // The Staves // Happy Mondays.
West Holts: Thom Yorke Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes // Kelis // Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes // Black Uhuru // Danny Brown // KOKOKO! // Richard Dawson
John Peel: Editors // FKA TWIGS // Aitch // AngelOlsen // Soccer Mommy // Jehnny Beth // BANKS // The Big Moon
Park: Caribou // Khruangbin // Laura Marling // Jarv... Is // Cate Le Bon /// Tinariwen

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Lizzo // HAIM // Crowded House // Candi Staton // Imelda May
Other: Dua Lipa // AJ Tracey // Supergrass // Metronomy // Nadine Shah
West Holts: The Isley Brothers // Seun Kuti // Nubya Garcia // Celeste // Snarky Puppy // Greentea Peng
John Peel: Charli XCX // Primal Scream // Tones and I // Clairo
Park: Manic Street Preachers //  Big Thief // Fontaines D.C. // Phoebe Bridgers // Confidence Man // Squid

Sunday

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // Gerry Cinnamon // Wolf Alice // Diana Ross // The Specials
Other: Pet Shop Boys // Dizzie Rascal // Blossoms // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Anna Calvi // Skunk Ananise // Lianne La Havas
West Holts: Kano // TLC // Gilberto Gil // Thundercat // Brittany Howard // EARTHGANG
John Peel: The Jesus and Mary Chain // Burna Boy // Glass Animals // Cage The Elephant 
Park: London Grammar //The Avalanches // Goldfrapp // Sampa The Great // EOB // Baxter Dury // The Orielles

34 minutes ago, sisco said:

Wonder if they think they should be getting bigger spots

Either ego or they are planning something themselves. They may be doing more European bigger festivals as they did reschedule the festivals for September but the further reschedule to next year they cant do. To be honest with a successful second album they are too big to play low down the lineup at Neighbourhood. They will have a similar rise to IDLES and can see them becoming third down, main stage act at festivals like Leeds by the end of 2021. They'll do the big Ally Pally date and see what happens but I get why they pulled out because of those festivals as they were quite low and next year they will be much bigger and will demand bigger slots to get bigger.

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Either ego or they are planning something themselves. They may be doing more European bigger festivals as they did reschedule the festivals for September but the further reschedule to next year they cant do. To be honest with a successful second album they are too big to play low down the lineup at Neighbourhood. They will have a similar rise to IDLES and can see them becoming third down, main stage act at festivals like Leeds by the end of 2021. They'll do the big Ally Pally date and see what happens but I get why they pulled out because of those festivals as they were quite low and next year they will be much bigger and will demand bigger slots to get bigger.

Aye, a lot can change in a year. As you say, if this album performs well they’ll be able to take higher slots.