Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh apologies, I actually didn't realise that he was. I originally didn't think he would be anything but Pyramid this year.

No bother matey.  No doubt if he plays he’ll still be top 3 other.  (Unless people drop out and lots of moves etc..)

Nothing confirmed either way on BST really. They're waiting to see what the situation is with Covid before they announce any acts and have just refunded everyone. If acts are rebooked, people previously with tickets will have priority to rebook.

As you were, then.

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

Nothing confirmed either way on BST really. They're waiting to see what the situation is with Covid before they announce any acts and have just refunded everyone. If acts are rebooked, people previously with tickets will have priority to rebook.

As you were, then.

Damn, the pondering over which of our three headliners are still playing continues. 

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Damn, the pondering over which of our three headliners are still playing continues. 

Indeed. I reckon other festivals will follow suit and start to just hold off on announcements for the time being. Certainly the ones that are more financially secure and aren't relying on people rolling over tickets. I was in the early Glastonbury announcement camp but now thinking they could wait until the Autumn.

15 hours ago, sisco said:

He’s subbing an act who subbed Glastonbury last year....

Yes last year, but this year that act is a headliner. And we can't currently say that Reading headliners aren't big enough to top Glastonbury.

15 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Which festival is that?

Reading

14 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I assume Reading (conveniently ignoring the &Leeds part of that fest)

I'm not ignoring it at all just Reading is the southern part. What is the difference of that and Courteeners playing higher at Reading than they should have been because of their status in Leeds?

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes last year, but this year that act is a headliner. And we can't currently say that Reading headliners aren't big enough to top Glastonbury.

Reading

I'm not ignoring it at all just Reading is the southern part. What is the difference of that and Courteeners playing higher at Reading than they should have been because of their status in Leeds?

Liam subbed!! So he’s not a Glastonbury headliner.   You can believe he is if you want but the fact is he didn’t.  That’s also in a year where they got The Killers as a replacement so could have given it to him?! 

49 minutes ago, sisco said:

Liam subbed!! So he’s not a Glastonbury headliner.   You can believe he is if you want but the fact is he didn’t.  That’s also in a year where they got The Killers as a replacement so could have given it to him?! 

Yes he did in 2019, I'm on about 2020 in a year where Liam has moved up to be a headliner. Not necessarily as Liam after Glastonbury did a huge UK tour. I have not tried to say in 2019 that Liam was a headliner for Glastonbury, I have said that Liam this year is a headliner.

The Killers have done previous shows including selling out Hyde Park I believe on a series that not many have at full price ticket. 

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes he did in 2019, I'm on about 2020 in a year where Liam has moved up to be a headliner. Not necessarily as Liam after Glastonbury did a huge UK tour. I have not tried to say in 2019 that Liam was a headliner for Glastonbury, I have said that Liam this year is a headliner.

The Killers have done previous shows including selling out Hyde Park I believe on a series that not many have at full price ticket. 

He headlined TRNSMT, Isle of Wight, Parklife and other festivals in 2018 as well as two big outdoor gigs, so he was already a major festival headliner before this year. I don’t think anything has changed between now and then, it’s just that Glastonbury will always have more appealing headliner options than Liam Gallagher and he was obviously happy to play slightly lower. 

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t act like you want it all wrapped up.

It’s the suspense which keeps us feeling alive man!

19 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Gerrard Cinnamon is not a Pyramid sub, it's the south of England. Other Sub maybe

Gerry Cinnamon is such a weird case. Absolutely massive in Scotland but not a big deal at all in England. He gets big slots in England because his sales in Scotland are crazy.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Gerry Cinnamon is such a weird case. Absolutely massive in Scotland but not a big deal at all in England. He gets big slots in England because his sales in Scotland are crazy.

Tbf he’s taken off pretty massively up here in the North, plus he’s just bagged a number one album. Obviously he’s not gonna sub the Pyramid, but it wouldn’t surprise me if those are the types of slots he’s asking for now. Sure somebody on here said he turned down Glastonbury this year due to them not offering him a big enough slot?

4 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

He headlined TRNSMT, Isle of Wight, Parklife and other festivals in 2018 as well as two big outdoor gigs, so he was already a major festival headliner before this year. I don’t think anything has changed between now and then, it’s just that Glastonbury will always have more appealing headliner options than Liam Gallagher and he was obviously happy to play slightly lower. 

Yes. Arctic Monkeys aside, TRNSMT has been having lower keys headliners for a while now, Sterophonics are not major festival headliners and IOW has clearly dropped. Parklife also is not really a major festival.

I'd agree on Liam and Glastonbury but I think this year given his album wasn't released until comfortably after Glastonbury has more reasoning to it. I get the arguement of him not being chose  but he is big enough to and so Gerry is essentially subbing an act that could.