Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

43 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

Crowded House have Rescheduled their gigs to June next year,  finishing in germany on 23rd June

It’s going to be pretty much the same lineup isn’t it, which is why the releasing the stage splits (well most) surprises me

1 hour ago, sisco said:

It’s going to be pretty much the same lineup isn’t it, which is why the releasing the stage splits (well most) surprises me

Yep that's where I'm at too. 

I'd be interested to know how many acts have already signed on the dotted line from the poster. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yep that's where I'm at too. 

I'd be interested to know how many acts have already signed on the dotted line from the poster. 

I reckon lots of acts that were meant to play 2020 but potential reshuffle of acts on stages. I reckon there’s a chance that acts high up on the pyramid / other might not roll over - but I can’t see JP, Park, West Holts changing very much.

The more in demand American acts will be the ones to watch. I wanna see what Lana is doing.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I reckon lots of acts that were meant to play 2020 but potential reshuffle of acts on stages. I reckon there’s a chance that acts high up on the pyramid / other might not roll over - but I can’t see JP, Park, West Holts changing very much.

The more in demand American acts will be the ones to watch. I wanna see what Lana is doing.

Just a hunch but I don't think Lana will return. She already had dates to reschedule before this and I can just see her doing a Spring/Fall 2021 arena tour and that being it. Hope I'm wrong though.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I imagine a lot of the smaller acts further down the lineup were more than happy to get the invitation for next year but a lot of the bigger/more financially stable acts will be harder to pin down, especially ones who were probably coming to the end of their current touring cycle (Robyn 😥)

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Just a hunch but I don't think Lana will return. She already had dates to reschedule before this and I can just see her doing a Spring/Fall 2021 arena tour and that being it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Hasn’t she already announced a new album that was apparently due this year (that’s not her poetry one)? So fingers crossed she plans to continue touring to support that. What with her being nailed down so early for this years festival and having her own announcement I’m sure Emily is very keen to get her back. 

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I imagine a lot of the smaller acts further down the lineup were more than happy to get the invitation for next year but a lot of the bigger/more financially stable acts will be harder to pin down, especially ones who were probably coming to the end of their current touring cycle (Robyn 😥)

Hasn’t she already announced a new album that was apparently due this year (that’s not her poetry one)? So fingers crossed she plans to continue touring to support that. What with her being nailed down so early for this years festival and having her own announcement I’m sure Emily is very keen to get her back. 

On Lana, I don’t like the fact that she’s becoming a really hard act to get on a festival stage :( seems like I can never get to see her no matter how close I get. I really hope she signs up again, but I agree, something tells me she’s likely to do it in a few years time instead of right away.

On acts like Robyn, I think it would make sense for some artists to return when they’ve got new material. At least in that case there’s an incentive for these rare artists to return. Unfinished business can sometimes be a good thing. Robyn does a few festivals but she does seem quite selective about which ones she is going to do. It’s good to get an artist like that ‘in debt’ to Glastonbury. 

Yep, fingers majorly crossed for Lana.

Tbh at this rate I think all acts who were due to tour this year will be doing something next year, for the love of it but also for the money they will have lost. Even the bigger acts (maybe not the headliners, but certainly most everyone else) will have felt the lack of live event revenue.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Tbh at this rate I think all acts who were due to tour this year will be doing something next year, for the love of it but also for the money they will have lost. Even the bigger acts (maybe not the headliners, but certainly most everyone else) will have felt the lack of live event revenue.

2021 is going to be weird as fuck. Next year we won’t really see any new artists taking huge slots on the festival circuit because they absolutely smashed the previous years touring circuit. For example, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Stormzy doing big shows in 2019 lead to them getting even bigger shows in 2020. We won’t have any breakout stars that were popularised by the 2020 circuit. 2021’s festival circuit will have to be full of either roll overs or artists coming back after a break/hiatus. It won’t really be populated with any new artists per say. 

You could probably make the case that artists like Doja cat will probably get big bookings, but technically she was booked for 2020 festivals so she probably counts as a roll over herself.

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah, at the end of the day most of them have still got material to promote and tours that never went ahead this year. I’m sure the likes of Kendrick will now be delaying his album even further so that he can tour right behind it so fingers crossed it’s just an easy switch over for a lot of them. Im sure other festivals will give us a hint of who’s still on the scene next year and who are missing, hopefully sooner rather than later (like Pohoda fest on the last page).

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Doesn't this completely contradict everything else you just said?

Perhaps I’m wording it badly but what I mean is that I can’t see any new artists breaking out before next summer as there isn’t really a platform for new music to thrive beyond social media. The big slots at festivals in 2021 will either be rescheduled or returning acts. No artist will be getting a Billie Eilish or Lizzo style rise this year. 

22 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yep, fingers majorly crossed for Lana.

Exactly. Most acts will have to write off the vast majority of 2020 now. Many will want to pick back up next year, some can afford not to bother. Diana Ross seems most at risk to me, she could easily decide she doesn’t fancy schlepping over.

Gonna stick my neck out and say we’ll get at least two returning Pyramid headliners.

I’d be quite willing to be that the initial poster will have at least 75% of returning acts from this year.  

I think in May we’ll learn that BST have got both Taylor and Kendrick for next year making them likely for this.

Worried now that I’ve seen Macca’s Werchter date hasn’t just been postponed! 

45 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’d be quite willing to be that the initial poster will have at least 75% of returning acts from this year.  

I think in May we’ll learn that BST have got both Taylor and Kendrick for next year making them likely for this.

Worried now that I’ve seen Macca’s Werchter date hasn’t just been postponed! 

It’s probably way too early for an act like McCartney to agree to a 2021 summer gig. I think if Taylor and Kendrick reschedule then yes, but doesn’t Macca wait a bit before signing dotted lines?

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s probably way too early for an act like McCartney to agree to a 2021 summer gig. I think if Taylor and Kendrick reschedule then yes, but doesn’t Macca wait a bit before signing dotted lines?

Yea he does.  Was the only one who I wanted too.  Nevermind.

Glass Animals just liked my tweet about them coming back in 2021.  

21 hours ago, Bennykill said:

Crowded House have Rescheduled their gigs to June next year,  finishing in germany on 23rd June

Yes very good news. Would suggest a glasto return. 

I'm a little surprised glasto haven't thought to put the date later in the summer to give even more time for vaccine/ mass gatherings ban lifted. 

That said it seems the general rule for most big acts is to reschedule almost a year later so glasto would potentially loose some of the bigger acts if they moved forward 8 weeks.