WOMAD cancelled

westholtschic

19 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Good evening all. Heard the very sad news that the festival has been cancelled this year. Keep safe everyone.

Where did you hear this out of interest. I know people have been trying to get an answer on FB and the like but to no avail. 

Not unexpected but gutted nonetheless

10 minutes ago, dondo said:

Where did you hear this out of interest. I know people have been trying to get an answer on FB and the like but to no avail. 

Not unexpected but gutted nonetheless

I'm a Co-Ordinator for Festival Medical Services and had an email from the senior management team informing me to cease planning today as they had been informed by the festival that it was cancelled.

Im also gutted, love the festival. 

11 hours ago, westholtschic said:

I'm a Co-Ordinator for Festival Medical Services and had an email from the senior management team informing me to cease planning today as they had been informed by the festival that it was cancelled.

Ok thanks appreciate the update and source. 

Yes fabulous festival and also we go with friends who we don't see that often so gutted won't catch up with them. 

Edited by dondo

On 4/7/2020 at 9:16 PM, westholtschic said:

Are Festival Medical Services still planning for 2020 events? I'd have assumed all staff would have been pulled into extra NHS capacity?

21 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Are Festival Medical Services still planning for 2020 events? I'd have assumed all staff would have been pulled into extra NHS capacity?

At the moment we are with the 4 major events still on of Pilton Party, Reading Festival, Love Saves the Day and Bristol Ballon Festival. Of course if this happens then we will obviously support that.